PDA

View Full Version : Fury of the Blood God with on a battle standard Bearer with Magic Banner legal?

TroyJPerez
08-06-2009, 19:17
My army builder says it ok, and most of the time I trust it.. but arn't magical banners magic items? Or are they just magic banners, want to know to make sure my list is ok.

Masque
08-06-2009, 19:22
Magic banners are indeed magic items so that particular combo should not be allowed.

Lord Malorne
08-06-2009, 19:24
Stop using army builder, stop being lazy and certainly don't use phrases like 'My army builder says its ok'.

You cannot, as it clearly states in the rules.

TroyJPerez
08-06-2009, 19:31
I am aware that army builder has bugs, I generally trust it, but sometimes something like this catches my eye and I have to question it. Wasn't being lazy, was just looking for some confirmation that it was wrong.

theunwantedbeing
08-06-2009, 19:41
A quick look in the relevant armybook should easily solve the issue most of the time.
Occasionally you'll need to check a rule for something (in this case are magical banners magical items?).
Such questions are almost always very easily answered by simply looking at the rules.

Armybuilder is no substitute for using pen and paper and reading the rules in the books.
It's just a helpful tool for those who can't write :) (or find a pen)

nosferatu1001
08-06-2009, 20:08
Wow Falkman, epic facepalm needed there

Fury of the Blood God states you cannot take any magic items, such as magic banners... Doofus. I;d suggest an apology to those you had a go at?

nosferatu1001
08-06-2009, 21:24
theunwantedbeing - however when you acuse others of not reading the armybook and then make a silly mistake yourself, that does warrant facepalm-age ;)

TheDarkDaff
09-06-2009, 07:38
@nosferatu1001 - None of the other poster accused anyone of not reading the army book. They simply state that the question has a very definate answer in the Army Book (like Magic Banner falling in the Magic Item category) and that Army Builder has enough bugs to mean it should not be used by itself.

Last time i used Army builder it had the wrong points cost for Dark Elf Spearmen which i didn't realise until turn 3 of a game (i was about 350 points short which was huge with the 6th ed Druchii) but luckily my opponent was a good sport and let me recycle a unit on from a board edge to even out the points.

Edit - Now what has me a bit confused is why didn't TroyJPerez just flick open his copy of the WoC Army book to check (or any army book for that matter). Either flip to the Magic Banners section (yep they are in the Magic item section) or read the rules for Fury of the Blood God (which outright tells you you can't). It just points to someone using Army Builder instead buying a copy of the Armybook. Like others have said Army Builder is junk for actual rule content (and even points values and weapon options sometimes) and should never be used without checking the rules in the Army Book. It's only real use is making a nice printed army roster that is easy to read in game.

Milgram
09-06-2009, 09:20
@nosferatu1001 - None of the other poster accused anyone of not reading the army book.

and none of the other poster actually bears the name falkman. so, maybe... just maybe someone named falkman deleted his post for good.

there is another nice thing with the builder - you can check out other armies. I know I will be facing an war altar tonight, but as I don't have a copy of the book, I actually don't have any idea what it does. well... I will send my goblin assassin and wreck it with S10. always a good solution to any situation.

nosferatu1001
09-06-2009, 09:42
Yes, looks like Falkman deleted their post rather than admit a mistake in accusing other people of not reading their armybook then making a worse mistake themselves.

mature response there, someone to be trusted in future.

Lord Malorne
09-06-2009, 09:58
Question answered, your response was immature.

Army builder: Don't use it.

nosferatu1001
09-06-2009, 10:58
Sorry Lord Malorne, who was that to?

My post was responding to Falkman who had posted telling people they were stupid, hadnt checked their book and that of course you could take the Fury and a magic banner. When "correcting" people who are correct, it helps to be pleasant about it so you don't look a prat when proven wrong.

Instead Falkman deleted their post. Not a mature response, attempting to cover up your mistakes, is it?

Edit: also AB is a great program, however you have to realise it has limitations - one being there will be mistakes somewhere. So use it but ONLY after you know your army book / codex very well.

Ganymede
09-06-2009, 11:06
I don't see any post by Falkman here, nosferatu. I think you are just trying to mess with all of us.

theunwantedbeing
09-06-2009, 11:24
theunwantedbeing - however when you acuse others of not reading the armybook and then make a silly mistake yourself, that does warrant facepalm-age ;)

If anyone should be deleting posts to cover shame.
It's you.

Falkmans post wasnt really relevant, so it was deleted.
The post I created that you are referring to, was no longer relevant so I deleted it.

Helps to be a bit nicer on this board.
I'll be deleting this post if all the other irrelevant posts about Falkman are removed.

Isabel
09-06-2009, 11:25
That's what ya get for asking a question on warseer...

Is it such a big deal that someone thought there might be some *chance* that the combination worked? That just maybe they missed something and banners were not considered magic items? Then he comes to a place where he is suppose to be able to ask these questions and is called lazy for it.

Nice.

Lord Malorne
09-06-2009, 11:33
We can but tell the truth, when army builder gets waved in our faces :).

nosferatu1001
09-06-2009, 13:19
If anyone should be deleting posts to cover shame.
It's you.

Falkmans post wasnt really relevant, so it was deleted.
The post I created that you are referring to, was no longer relevant so I deleted it.

Helps to be a bit nicer on this board.
I'll be deleting this post if all the other irrelevant posts about Falkman are removed.

I was referring to FALKMANS post, sigh, not yours - I was just direcitn the comment at you explaining why I posted. He had a go saying that someone was stupid and should have read their book, but was completely wrong. the post was deleted I presume because they were wrong not that it "wasn't relevant"

I have no need to delete my post as I was being polite with smilies and everything. By deleting [not editing] it has created confusion - weird that, who'd have thought that would happen.

Falkman
09-06-2009, 13:45
He had a go saying that someone was stupid and should have read their book, but was completely wrong. the post was deleted I presume because they were wrong not that it "wasn't relevant"

I have no need to delete my post as I was being polite with smilies and everything. By deleting [not editing] it has created confusion - weird that, who'd have thought that would happen.
I was wrong, yes, I misread the question and mixed up the powers.
I did not however, refer to anyone as stupid.
Smilies or not, your little "crusade" against me in this topic is not polite, but in fact rather rude, much more unpleasant than my post (which I deleted, yes, because as unwantedbeing says, it wasn't relevant and didn't need to stay, and I sure wasn't gonna apologise to you).

The only one behaving rudely and immature here is you, and if you want to continue, by all means go ahead, I'm out anyway.

nosferatu1001
09-06-2009, 14:00
Falkman - it isnt a "crusade" against you, you're just not that important to me, and also (look, wrong again) Idid not ask for you to apologise to me - rather the people you insulted by stating they couldn't read their armybook.

It's just that when you delete your post other people then respond asking "what post? huh?" and you end up with all kinds of stupidity as there are gaps in the conversation.

So i have to restate what I was responding to, whereas if the post had been left in place with an explanation and appropriate edit it would have made more sense. The last 4, 5 posts would not have been needed, and the thread would be clearer.

To the OP: sorry, you stepped on the "AB" landmine. Some people hate it, way too much, however it does create a problem if you are reliant on it. If in doubt cross-ref to your army book, and trust that and not AB when they are in conflict :D

EvC
09-06-2009, 14:05
And damn Troy, good luck with finding a Warriors of Chaos army that works for you! :D

nosferatu1001
09-06-2009, 14:10
A good old fashioned marauder and warrior heavy list "works", in that it can be damn fun to play. Add in the stubborn banner BSB and it's all good :D

Some hounds to deal with / redirect flankers and you're all set - have good fun collecting them :D Also: nurgle is a doddle to paint, washes FTW...

TheDarkDaff
09-06-2009, 14:11
@ Milgram - i was referring to his post aimed at TUB by which time Falmans post had already been removed (whoops on my part - apologies all round).

But really the issue i have is with the OP who (as far as i can tell) is using Army Builder without owning a copy of the relevant Army Book for his own army. Even a quick look at his book should have answered his question beyond a shadow of doubt. So why didn't he even do that?

Milgram
09-06-2009, 14:19
ok, TDD, now that we know, that it was a misunderstanding, let's get a group hug.

nosferatu1001
09-06-2009, 14:38
Indeed, hugs all over. Deleting posts def causes issues!

I didn't want to say they didnt have the armybook, just in case they do and are still unsure - it can happen. I also hate the hatred (reroll the reroll?) of AB; it is a tool - imperfect, but a very good tool for building lists.