PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Batallion. What's part of it?

Drognan
07-05-2005, 13:20
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, if not please move.

What will the new Lizardmen batallion will bring?

Sylass
07-05-2005, 13:41
Edited your thread title so that it's obvious it's a question. :)

Rabid Bunny 666
07-05-2005, 13:43
i'd say skinks, saurus, cold one riders and maybe something else, plastic kroxigors, anyone :)

Snoozer
07-05-2005, 13:50
There was a topic on this one in the general discussion and it hade a link to a GW Online store (was it US, don't remember) and it hade, 2x12 saurus, 8 saurus cavlary and 24 skinks if I remember correclty.

EDIT: ok it was the UK Online store http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/store.uk?do=Individual&code=99120208005&orignav=13

Drognan
07-05-2005, 14:52
Thank you very much I'll have to get one of those my kid wants to play Lizardmen.
He wants to wait for the new cold ones.

Guilliman
07-05-2005, 21:34
Is the new saurus cavalry completely plastic? I thought every mini in a batalloin was.

Moi
08-05-2005, 17:41
Well, it sure seems to be the case as battalions are ALWAYS all plastic and GW said that this year was the Year of the Plastic! ;) This battalion box is very appealing to me... must... resist.... gulp!...

Avian
08-05-2005, 19:10
It's not apparent unless you have seen the sprues, but the COR box contains parts to make two jungle swarms as well.

Drognan
08-05-2005, 19:54
Any pictures of the Cold One sprues?

Drognan
08-05-2005, 20:05
It's not apparent unless you have seen the sprues, but the COR box contains parts to make two jungle swarms as well.

How do you figure that one out? Unless the riders are multy part plastic. This is the only pic I seen of the cold ones sprues

Adlan
08-05-2005, 20:32
Saw the battalion at conflict norwich (would have bought it but birthday was monday not sunday), I didn't see any jungle swarms though, if they are in there that would be so good for modelling (really add a jungle theme to the army if there are lizards everywhere)

on the online store i saw no mention of jungle swarms though.

boogle
08-05-2005, 20:58
yeah, i haven't seen anything to suggest that there is going to be any Jungle swarms in there

Avian
09-05-2005, 09:06
I have, but then I have spent some time with the sprues and you guys haven't. And no, the swarms are not on the CO sprue, they are on the rider sprue - each rider sprue comes with two little collections of serpents that will each cover half a 40 mm square base.
Two rider sprues per box equals parts to make 2 swarms.

The skaven battalion doesn't mention that you get enough tiny little rats to make a couple of swarm bases either, but it does.
So there! :p

Drognan
09-05-2005, 10:53
That'll be great I can't wait to be able to buy the battalion.

Ophidian
09-05-2005, 10:58
That's quite groovy about the swarms, but what happened to the rumoured plastic Kroxigor? Are they going to be released seperately, or did somebody put the kibosh on them?

Avian
09-05-2005, 11:44
That's quite groovy about the swarms, but what happened to the rumoured plastic Kroxigor? Are they going to be released seperately, or did somebody put the kibosh on them?
I think that should be more correctly labeled as "some players hoping" rather than a "rumour". ;)
Most likely you'll be stuck with the current kroxes for some years, there certainly aren't any out anytime soon.

Odin
09-05-2005, 12:52
Most likely you'll be stuck with the current kroxes for some years, there certainly aren't any out anytime soon.

Shame - the dreadful Kroxigor models are one of the main reasons why I haven't bought a Lizardmen army.

Leceaus
09-05-2005, 14:50
Sigh. Am I the only one who thinks that only true cold ones are the old, metallic raptor looking ones?

These are too silly.. Lizard-dogs? Yuk!

rkunisch
09-05-2005, 15:43
Sigh. Am I the only one who thinks that only true cold ones are the old, metallic raptor looking ones?

It depends. I think they look great as mounts for Tichi-Huichi's Raiders, but I prefer the cold-cows on my Dark Elves. They look far more like heavy cavalry this way. I am still undecided on the new COs. Nevertheless I like the fact that there is some varity now.

Have fun,

Rolf.

Drognan
09-05-2005, 23:22
It depends. I think they look great as mounts for Tichi-Huichi's Raiders, but I prefer the cold-cows on my Dark Elves. They look far more like heavy cavalry this way. I am still undecided on the new COs. Nevertheless I like the fact that there is some varity now.

Have fun,

Rolf.

I agree I like the cold one cows better, the new ones are ok I'm only getting them because it's my son's army not mine.

oatish
10-05-2005, 02:05
The new cold ones don't really bother me, but the saurus kill me! Arggh, any plans to redo them?

oatish

Sir_Turalyon
23-05-2005, 12:43

They are superior to cold-cows in any aspect except size - new superior Cold One Knights look silly mounted on proper metal raptors :(.

Too bad new cold ones have heads with lizardmen glyphs on them; however, judging by photo, heads may be interchangable with cold-cows. It may be way to convert really good Cold One Knights and decent saurus cavalary out of two regiments... for one who collects both armies.

cubbster
27-05-2005, 16:36
I didn't like the new cold ones too much until I saw them for real, they are actually o.k and I think the pictures of them don't do them justice! I for one will definitely be getting the battalion when it comes out!