PDA

View Full Version : What to choose, what to choose...

Warsurge
09-06-2009, 00:26
Gah, so many choices and yet I can only pick one. I am having trouble with picking another army until the Space Wolves come out with their new codex and models. I keep changing my mind it is unbelievable. One minute I say Chaos and the next I say Tyranids or something else. It is a bit topsy tervy right now and would like to see what you guy think I should pick next. I am open to all options, except Space Marines (which I am already doing). Also if it is like say Chaos Space Marines or something that has specialized models please tell me which type I should go for (Noise Marines, Plague Marines, ect.)

Thanks in advance,

Warsurge

BobTheZombie
09-06-2009, 01:00
I can remember being in a similar position a while back, wanting to play and collect everything except Ultramarines (sorry, easy target I know, but it's true). I'd recommend you choose the army with the background and models that inspire you the most, There's nothing worse than forking out several hundred of your chosen currency and realising you don't want them after all, like I did when the Eldar 4th ed, codex came out. My first army has always been Black Legion, but my second army took a long time to pick until I chose Orks, a while after they came out. I looked back at the spangly new model range, and the background has a tinge of black comedy which I have always liked, and decided on them.

So go with what you want, really. Something different to your Marines may well be the most enjoyable, but it really is your choice.

[As a disclaimer, I hope this post is cohesive because I leant on the keyboard and now the text is the size of an amoeba with a stomach band]

Mannimarco
09-06-2009, 01:02
im just gonna throw it out there......skyrars dark wolves! a renegade CSM chapter first sighted around fenris!

wartorngetahroun74
09-06-2009, 01:39
Could always go with a 13th Company theme. like Mannimarco said, Dark Wolves. Use bits from both SM and CSM. Very fun to convert. Im not sure if the 13th Company box sets are still available.

Mannimarco
09-06-2009, 01:49
theyre not, although if half the rumours are to be believed the 13th company will have some representation in the new codex as well

id go skrars dark wolves, go for a 50/50 mix of loyal and chaos parts and use the chaos codex to represent them,, then when the new wolf codex comes out youve already got a 13th company type army

mike208
24-06-2009, 00:53
theyre not, although if half the rumours are to be believed the 13th company will have some representation in the new codex as well

id go skrars dark wolves, go for a 50/50 mix of loyal and chaos parts and use the chaos codex to represent them,, then when the new wolf codex comes out youve already got a 13th company type army

What?!?! Traitorous space wolves? I thought that was pretty much impossible from what I have read.

Axis
24-06-2009, 01:04
Usually what i do if im in topsy-turvy decision land is try as hard as possible NOT to start something new. Usually i am thinking about new armies because im waiting for something (in my case it was fantasy warriors of chaos... ) and i just want new models and the excitement of a new army. If you can hold off for a while and get your hobby hit from painting up models you already have, or getting a few models you KNOW you'll use for your wolves then you'll be better off... you won't have an army you get super bored of super quick.

If my diagnosis is completely wrong and only I get that problem then play tyranids... they are awesome.

Matt D
24-06-2009, 21:31
i am kind of in the same boat. i think i want to do SW but i am torn between buying now and waiting for the codex.

Lord Gabriel Lupus
24-06-2009, 21:54
Just a thought, but why not try collecting a little force from armies you could feasibly use as allies to your existing army? eg you have Space Marines - try a unit of Eldar Harlequins, Grey Knight Terminators, an Inquisitor and retinue, or a small Planetary Defence Force Imperial Guard force?

That's what I did for my Guard - now have Marines, Sisters, Grey Knights, and a couple of Inquisitors... now if I could just find some cheap Harlequins...

SharpSilver
24-06-2009, 22:16
What lord Gab said.

Buy a battleforce of any army you would like to do!. Preferably a SM boxset since they can be allies of your Space Wolves. And I wouldn't hold my breath because there is no confirmation that the Space Wolves dex' will be about this year ;) I expect probably next year in January or near the end of this year leading up to xmas.

Or you could be completely radical. Pick Orks! Waaaaaaaagh.