PDA

View Full Version : Lizzies and empire

Killboss
09-06-2009, 07:30
Hi all.

I'm going to be vsing my empire playing friend soon in a 2000 battle (we are both noobs, so the lists arn't mean to be a power gamers wet dream, but just a fun litle list.)

I was wondering if you guys could give me some do's and dont's- just general tactics to do. Maybe a list building idea?

I know enough from vsing a samll gunline Dwarf list to get skinks to protect my Saurus.

Gork or Possibly Mork
09-06-2009, 07:51
Hi all.

I'm going to be vsing my empire playing friend soon in a 2000 battle (we are both noobs, so the lists arn't mean to be a power gamers wet dream, but just a fun litle list.)

I was wondering if you guys could give me some do's and dont's- just general tactics to do. Maybe a list building idea?

I know enough from vsing a samll gunline Dwarf list to get skinks to protect my Saurus.

Bring terradons for warmachine hunting. Try to use cover so you don't get shot up or at the very least rack up penalties making him move to get LOS, Long range etc. Then drop some rocks on a small light unit on the way to charging his warmachine. It's fair to assume (s)he will have one ( or more ).

I wouldn't recommend stegadons against a heavy warmachine ( cannons ) gunline but if you must bring atleast two or none at all. Or at the very least hide them during deployment and let the terradons mop up a crew or two before you bring them out to play.

Desert Rain
09-06-2009, 08:53
If you want stegadons, take an Engine since it is priceless. It kills your enemies, boosts you magic phase and protects your troops from incoming fire.

Are you planning on using a Slann or an Oldblood as your general, since that choice matters a lot when you design the rest of your list.

eyescrossed
09-06-2009, 09:23
Are you planning on using a Slann or an Oldblood as your general, since that choice matters a lot when you design the rest of your list.

Sorry for answering your question Killboss, but I believe he's using an Oldblood on Carnosaur.

I'm telling them so you can get advice quicker.

Killboss
09-06-2009, 10:49
eyes is probably right. Might not have him on a 'saur though.

I've also gathered that fantasy is NOT WYSIWYG and can someone tell me how far that extends? I know you're not meant to reveal magic items but what about other things like special standards and the like?

Gork or Possibly Mork
09-06-2009, 11:02
eyes is probably right. Might not have him on a 'saur though.

I've also gathered that fantasy is NOT WYSIWYG and can someone tell me how far that extends? I know you're not meant to reveal magic items but what about other things like special standards and the like?

Not everyone follows WYSISYG. I never had a problem with it as long as you tell me whats what after deploying.

i.e. those spear looking guys actually only have HW&shields and they have a banner, musician but that guy that looks like a champ is not etc. You don't need to tell any magic items, magic banners, hidden models etc. unless that item needs to be told such as BaneHead but even that ( with bane head atleast ) you can write on some paper and place it face down at the start of the game so your opponent knows for sure later you didn't pick another target at the last moment.

Killboss
10-06-2009, 10:18
Bring terradons for warmachine hunting.

How big should the unit(s) be?

And with the not WYSIWYG thing, would that cover slaan diciplines as well?

Desert Rain
10-06-2009, 15:57
There was a terradon discussion a few pages back, but generally the best size for terradons is either 3 or 4.

Diciplines are not items or equipment and must therefore not be shown on the model.

Killboss
11-06-2009, 00:44
There was a terradon discussion a few pages back, but generally the best size for terradons is either 3 or 4.

Diciplines are not items or equipment and must therefore not be shown on the model.

Oh yeah, right, sorry, by the diciplines i mean do you have to write them in your army list or can you just secretly not them down and write "Slaan with 2 diciplines"?

Kalec
11-06-2009, 00:53
They should be revealed, like bloodline powers or marks.

Killboss
11-06-2009, 02:51
They should be revealed, like bloodline powers or marks.

Thanks. BUt damn...