- 2 Tooth Gnoblars
- Grut's Sickle
- Gnoblar Thiefstone
Total: 190

Core:
6 Bulls
- Extra Hand Weps
- Light Armour
- Full Command (Standard has Lookout Gnoblar)
Total: 307

6 Bulls
- Ironfists
- Light Armour
Total: 313

4 Ironguts
- Runemaw
Total: 257

25 Gnoblar Fighters
- Champion
Total: 52

25 Gnoblar Fighters
- Champion

8 Gnoblar Trappers
- Champion

Special:
4 Leadbelchers
- Champion, Musician
Total: 240

Rare:
Maneater
- Heavy Armour
- Cathayan Longsword
- Brace of Handguns
Total: 96

Maneater
- Heavy Armour
- Cathayan Longsword
- Brace of Handguns
Total: 96

Gorger
Total: 75

TOTAL: 2476

Note: I had lost my orgional 2000pnts+ armylist so this list was drawn up in the early hours of the morning. ideally i would take another unit of Leadbelchers for more firepower but i would like to keep it around the 2.5k points mark. Any suggestions and advice will be greatly accepted and i hope to start painting these models and retocuhing ones ive alredy done after the 17th of june, which is the date of my last exam :D

Da GoBBo
09-06-2009, 15:49
Wohoo, big blocks! I hope it works out since everybody seems to think small units is the way to go.

-I don't think your maneaters can have both a cathayan longsword and a brace of handguns
-why champions on gnoblars and leadbelchers?

Gaargod
09-06-2009, 16:06
Um.

Spangleshard is statistically worse than wyrdstone necklace in almost every situation. It also costs more. Skullplucker is awful too, give him Tenderiser, far far better - becomes able to smash enemy monsters and heroes down left right and centre. Sword gnoblars never really do much either and even Greatskull is a bit hit and miss. I'd say keep him with just Tenderiser, necklace, heavy armour, luck gnoblar - maybe handguns if you wanna shoot stuff.

You could do with some scrolls. 4 DD is not really going to cut it against anyone with a decent magic phase. I'd generally drop everything on butchers (including tooth gnoblars, not worth it) except bangstick for 3 scrolls.

If you want a hunter, then use him as a flanker. He does this pretty well with longstrider and sword of might/battle. Keep his dogs with them, and he can threaten ranked units with his M7, attacks and US7.

Split bulls into 2 units of 3 with either extra hand weapons or light armour + ironfists, and musicians. Drive off light stuff happily.

Lose the command except musicians on the ironguts - its pretty expensive.

Try splitting the leadbelchers into 2 units of 2 (or 3). Certainly lose the champion - not worth it.

Maneaters can only have 1 set of weapons, Handguns are probably the best. And i assume they're both in the same unit, otherwise you have 3 rare units.

Basically you could do with some more ironguts. They hit hard enough to break/grind units to death. I think you'll save a LOT of points if you do what i've outlined here (generally, try to keep units keep if they don't need the help. Command on monster sized units is normally useless and overpriced too) - enough probably to squeeze it into 2.25k, or 2k if you drop a couple of units. Or you could get more ironguts and keep it as is.#

Basically, you've tried to extend the force you have into a bigger list than is effective. Ogres have enough problems as it is, you might as well make it effective (i find the most effective way of playing them is to spam many units of ironguts and bulls, with a couple of heroes to hit big stuff).

Oh, and i will probably be painting lots after 17th june too, my exams finish then :D

kyinpie
14-06-2009, 22:05
i dont mean to hi jack the thread, but i play orges time to time (im yet to win a game with them :p) but i noticed on a few threads people are adding belowers to the units! why do u add them? is it part of an ingame tactic? or am i missing something? i know they are musicians, im a TK player, and if im tight for points the musician is the first to go! so i cant see why people keep adding the musician!!

thanks
ky

Da GoBBo
14-06-2009, 22:33
Musicians help you to rally. As an Ogre player (and an O&G and a wood elf player :D) you do a lot of fleeing and rallying

kyinpie
14-06-2009, 22:39
i see! so the main tactic of orgers is the flee tactic!

thanks! :)