PDA

View Full Version : 2000p DoC list, need help

Unicorn
09-06-2009, 09:20
Hi all, I am attending a tournament later this month and I am bringing my DoC, but I cant decide about how my list is going to be.

All I know is that I want to include 12 screamers and 18 furies, only because I have made some cool conversions (at least I think so) and they are being painted as we speak.

So my current list is as follows

Keeper of Secrets, soul hunger and siren song

1 Herald of khorne, jugger, armor of khorne, BSB greater standard of sundering
1 Herald of Khone, jugger, armor of khorne

11 Bloodletters, standard, bloodreaper
11 Deamonets, standard, alures
10 Horrors (to get another DD) otherwise I whould use letters
5 Furies
5 Furies

5 Flesh hounds of khorne

6 Screamers of Tzeentch
6 Screamers of Tzeentch

Total 1992 points

My main concern being magic defense and heroes setup

I have a thirster and a keeper of secrets as lords, and I am at the moment leaning towards the keeper to get siren and a dispel dice, and he is cheaper than the thirster the way I normally kit him out the thirster

But the biggest problem I have is concerning heroes, I really love khorne heralds on juggers, and if I got my way I would use 2 to boost my letters and hounds, but I think a herald of tzeentc is needed to get a spell breaker, but I also think a herald of slanesh on a steed with siren song is needed to boost the deamonets and to counter a DE death star that is most likely coming to the tourney.

My second concern is magic defense, with the current list I have 4 DD, no scroll but the standard of sundering and magic resistance, witch I am hoping will be enough until I get to kill my opponents wizards if they have any. In a emergency I will suicide the furies to try and take them out, but I am hoping to use them as a screen for my screamers

So there you have it. Any help would be much appreciated :)

Temakador
09-06-2009, 17:25
so the KOS is lvl 2?

Allso its a nice army but the only problems i can see is first the small size of the core units, even with a herald will 11 letters really kill a unit of men with high saves or toughness eg. phoniex guard, dwarfs...and the letters are ur hammer unit so i would bulk them out. Allso u seem to have no units to either take a charge, tie up units and act as a tar-pit which could be a problem if u come up agenst a fast army, and i do like the DOC rare otions u could take some of them.

I do like the screams and i think if u use them right they could be a potential game winner but i have not seen them used and don't use them my self for the high price tag so could be another thing to think about.

and yer ur magic is a bit on the weak side defence wise but with the banner it should only suffer with heavy magic armys

bob_the_small
09-06-2009, 17:49
A level 2 KoS and 12 screamers? Those 2 should never be used.... especially in the same list!

Temakador
09-06-2009, 18:56
yer i would make it lvl 4 KOS drop the screamers and maybee one of the heralds, then spend the rest of ur points on bulking up the core or more magic or some rare, my fave being fiends