PDA

View Full Version : List for a friend. 2000 points.

Anathame
09-06-2009, 12:46
Hey, my friend eyescrossed told me to make a Warseer account so I could post his list. He asked me to so his opponent can't see his list. Well, here it is... (By the way, he's facing Lizardmen)

Lords: Templar Grand Master with Runefang and Shield – 245

Heroes: BSB with Armour of Meteoric Iron and Sword of Might – 115

Level 2 Battle Wizard with Rod of Power and Wizard’s Staff – 140

Level 2 Battle Wizard with Grey Wand – 140

Core: 20 Swordsmen with Command Group – 145
Detachment: 5 Halberdiers with Shields – 30

20 Swordsmen with Command Group – 145

10 Handgunners with Marksman with Repeater Handgun – 98

10 Crossbowmen with Marksman – 83
Detachment: 5 Handgunners – 40

10 Archers – 80

Special: 7 Inner Circle Knights with Lances and Shields and Command Group – 222

5 Pistoliers with Musician and Outrider with Repeater Pistol – 114

Great Cannon – 100

Great Cannon – 100

Rare: Helblaster Volley Gun – 110

He will view the topic and tell me what to reply, just so you all know. He wants to know if any changes should be made, if any of it is illegal, etc.

Also, it is NOT intended to be a powergaming list, just an average "pick up game" list that's relatively solid. It's going to be their first game of Fantasy each.

Thanks from eyescrossed.

EDIT: He also wants to know what Lore each Wizard should use.

Chaos Undecided
09-06-2009, 16:03
Personally I'm not a fan of blowing my general's entire magic item allowance on a weapon, I really think that he needs to get some form of ward save on his general which will help alot against either form of Lizardman leader Slann or OldBlood, so say something like either the Sword of Power or Sword of Sigismund with Holy Relic or White Cloak (definitely the latter if likely to be up against any law of metal wielding casters).

His first mage has two arcane items which is illegal outside of taking items like scrolls and powerstones so one of those items will have to go.

Ideally his core Swordsmen units should be 25 strong the extra rank giving a casaulty buffer to preserve that full rank bonus for a bit longer, he could drop the second detachments along with adjusting the magic items to get these extra troops. More than one combat detachment isnt going to make a huge difference in my opinion and could cause more problems than they solve if counter charged into a dangerous opponent (especially when using squishy halberdiers).

Otherwise seems a fairly standard "friendly" list, the size of the Knights unit is a little off but I'd just make sure he maximises his front rank to 5 or 6 with the remainder behind, a 2 ranks of 4 formation isnt that useful.

As for Magic Lores although its very dependent on rolling the right spells I'd suggest taking Lore of Beasts (a good lore in general but the Beast Cowers is great against enemy monsters and cavalry and the Wolf Hunts works well for your own cavalry) and possibly Lore of Shadows (maybe more subtle but still useful Pit of Shades works well against Low Initiative Saurus and Slann and Unseen Lurker is good for a surprise charge). Alternatively if he just wants to blow stuff up Fire or Death offer a good assortment of straight forward damage spells.

Hope thats of some assistance

Anathame
09-06-2009, 22:23
Okay, he changed the list in accordance with your comment.

Lords: Templar Grand Master with Sword of Sigismund, Shield and Holy Relic – 235

Heroes: BSB with Armour of Meteoric Iron and Sword of Might – 115

Level 2 Battle Wizard with Luckstone and Dispel Scroll– 150

Level 2 Battle Wizard with Grey Wand – 140

Core: 25 Swordsmen with Command Group – 175

25 Swordsmen with Command Group – 175

10 Handgunners with Marksman with Repeater Handgun – 98

10 Crossbowmen – 80

10 Archers – 80

Special: 9 Inner Circle Knights with Lances and Shields and Command Group – 274

5 Pistoliers with Outrider with Repeater Pistol – 107

Great Cannon – 100

Great Cannon – 100

Rare: Helblaster Volley Gun – 110

How's that?

Oh, and he's thinking about Lore of Death on one and Lore of Fire on another. I really don't know though, I don't even play Fantasy; I'm just being a list caddy for him :D

EDIT: The underlined units are the units changed from the first list.

eyescrossed
10-06-2009, 07:37
This list looks quite solid. I might change the Rare choices if I were you though. Maybe add a few more Corsairs. Other than that, it's quite good.

May I ask... Why is this one so unpopular yet other topics flourish? Yes, I realise I've just posted in this topic, but my friend is only going to see the top line (which is a distraction) if he goes to "find all of so and so's posts".

Daicon
10-06-2009, 08:26
No one can really say why some armies get a lot of replies and others don't. Sometimes people just don't feel like comenting I suppose.

As far as the list is concerned I think your lord would be a bit better off with the sword of power, but that's personal preferance really. I'd also split the knights into two units so they can cover more ground and present more targets for your opponent to worry about.

Drop the shields on your detachments and use the points to buy more bodies for the units. Not really a fan of archers, I'd say drop them or upgrade them to crossbowmen.

Rare and special choices look fine to me.

Zingmaster
10-06-2009, 15:22
archers would be nice split up and used as screening detachments for the swordsmen, 5 each is the perfect size.

you need to get the halberdiers detachments to 9 each so you can have 3x3 units that will negate ranks when you flank.

I'd split the knights into two units, one 5 strong IC knights and one 5 strong regular knights both with musicians.

You need to free up some points, and you can do so by either eliminating either the crossbows or the handgunners, the marksmen, or mb losing a magic item.

eyescrossed
11-06-2009, 01:42
You know, I find that really, really, really pointless. You should know better. Having 10 units of 10 Spearmen sucks pretty damn hard, you know. I'd trash this list if I were you. Really, no offense intended, it just REALLY sucks.

^Distraction.

Ah, okay. Sorry, I can't change it now as my army book is at home and I'm at school. Plus, I've got tons of homework to do. But I will follow your advice.