PDA

View Full Version : The most amazing 2000pt Lizard list ever.

Obeisance
09-06-2009, 16:10
Admit it, I totally suckered you with the title. :p :p :p

But no, what we've got here is a fairly balanced list designed for comp-esque play. I think it's hard, but not over the top.

I start making purchases Thursday. So until then, I'm posting the list for final tweaks.

390 - Slaan: BSB, Focus, Rumination, Bane Head, Dispel Scroll.
430 - Priest: Engine of the Gods, Plaque of Tepok, Dispel Scroll.
126 - Scar-Vet: Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior.

183 - 15 Saurus: Standard, Musician.
183 - 15 Saurus: Standard, Musician.

50 - 10 Skinks.
50 - 10 Skinks.

70 - 10 Skink Skirmishers.

120 - 4 Terradons.
90 - 3 Terradons.

235 - Steggy.

1997pts, 3 remain.

9 power dice, 1 bound spell, +1 die per Slaan (so 11-12 dice per phase).
6 dispel, 2 scrolls.
81 models.

Tactics are pretty simple. Standard refused flank.

Skinks redirect for Saurus/Stegs
Stegs support Saurus.
Saurus provide a little static combat res and a home for the Slaan if need-be.
Scar-vet runs around eating chariots.
Terradons drop rocks on things I can't charge, then eat war machines.

As for spells. Slaan will mix to taste. Heavily armoured opponents, metal is win. Shadow is also pretty good. Beasts is also good because the spells are so cheap. Life would be funny, if only to heal Steggys.

So yeah.

Any comments?

Ancre
09-06-2009, 16:32
Drop a terradon and add spears to those two unit of sauruses ?

Chiungalla
09-06-2009, 16:34
- To many core choices.
- To few hard hitters.
- Good in magic.
- Not so good in close combat (yes, saurus warriors look great on the paper, but they only have movement 4)
- Saurus Warriors need spears.

I would drop a unit of saurus warriors and both units of skinks to make room for cavalry, salamanders and/or razordons.

And I would make a saurus units containing 12 or 18 models, so that 6 are in one rank.

And I would put the scar vet on a cold one, to get a better armor save, and drop the enchanted item for a magic weapon or an enchanted shield.

Quannum
09-06-2009, 16:35
Aye, Spears on the Saurus are phenomenal. Drop a Terradon.

I'd also reconsider Bane Head. It's been useful very rarely for me, and I run a very similar list.

Q

Obeisance
09-06-2009, 16:58
At movement 4, Saurus will be taking the charge most of the time (assuming I don't get off any move magic or charge redirection).. so they'll be better at soaking up charges with a 3+ save. Taking spears, drops it to 4+. Also, they're cheaper without.

As for Bane Head, it's too good against all the Bloodthirsters and Keepers floating around.

Too many core choices? The problem with that is, is that I play in a compy and sorta friendly enviroment.

Chiungalla
09-06-2009, 17:29
At movement 4, Saurus will be taking the charge most of the time (assuming I don't get off any move magic or charge redirection).. so they'll be better at soaking up charges with a 3+ save. Taking spears, drops it to 4+. Also, they're cheaper without.

If you buy spears with your saurus warriors, you will want your opponent to charges you. And you have still the option to go with handweapon and shield from time to time.

Too many core choices? The problem with that is, is that I play in a compy and sorta friendly enviroment.

And then you field 11-12 power dice and a bound item? :wtf:

Spirit
09-06-2009, 23:09
Power stones on the slann!

each one gives you 3 power dice for 20 points. Best item you can give him.

Troah
09-06-2009, 23:24
Needs a little more hard hitting power but other then that, this IS the most amazing 2,000 point Lizardman list EVER! After this there is no reason to make any other list other then this one, it shall hereby be dubbed the meta lizard list! =D

Obeisance
10-06-2009, 00:34
Meta? o.O

A few people have suggested more hitty power. What would that entail?

Necromancy Black
10-06-2009, 01:56
Personally I'd replace the stegadon with COR, and mount the scar-vet to go into the unit with them. It's alot more hard hitting.

I would also consider dropping a unit of 5 skinks to get Regeneration or Immunity to mundane attacks onto the Slann.

EDIT: Wait a minute, that's what's wrong! Where the hell are the Salamanders or at least Razerdons?!?

PARTYCHICORITA
10-06-2009, 02:16
No temple guard?
I don't see a reason not to "promote" one unit of saurus even if the TG are more expensive.

Obeisance
10-06-2009, 07:08
If I make the list more "hitty" or take Temple Guard, I'm going to end up with a core of 3x10 skink skirmishers. Which is bad.

Slaan: Full lore, bonus dice, bsb, scroll.
Priest: Engine, plaque of tepok, scroll.
Scarvet: Gw, sh, la, Jagcharm.
2x15 Saurus: Spears, musician, standard.
2x10 Skinks.
2x10 Skink skirmishers.
2x3 Terradons.
Steggy.

Necromancy Black
10-06-2009, 07:21
If I make the list more "hitty" or take Temple Guard, I'm going to end up with a core of 3x10 skink skirmishers. Which is bad.

No your not.

Get rid of the Stegadon for COR, they hit alot damn harder and move faster. Throw the Scar-Vet in with them. Scar-Vet on Cold One Takes enchanted shield and Piranha Blade.

Either pay to upgrade a unit of saurus to TG by getting rid of one of the skink units or better yet, get rid of some skinks to get a Salamander or 2 in.

Also, scrolls arn't that badly needed. Power Stone for Slann, War drums for the priest on the EotG.

Obeisance
10-06-2009, 11:58
Considering that I've already purchased the plastic steggy, I won't be dropping it from the list. I like the idea of taking COK as I like the models.. but points = lose.

I'm also thinking that the Jagcharm is pretty stupid if it's a bound spell. You'll never get it off. And if you do, your Vet is stranded... because they'll never allow him home. Then again, it'd be useful to kill chariots.

I'm tinkering around with it. I'm taking advice into consideration.

385 - Slaan: BSB, Mystery, Rumination, Bane Head, Power Stone.
430 - Priest: Level 2, Engine, Dispel Scroll, Tepok.
124 - Vet: Great Weapon, Shield, Light Armour, Jagcharm.

156 - 12 Saurus: Spears, Standard.
156 - 12 Saurus: Spears, Standard.
50 - 10 Skinks.
50 - 10 Skinks.

90 - 3 Terradons.
90 - 3 Terradons.
235 - Steggy.

75 - Salamander Pack.

1981pts, 19 remain.

Thoughts?

Chiungalla
10-06-2009, 13:22
Still not friendly because of the massive magic overkill.
Still not good becouse of the low hitting power and too much core units.

It's very much the same list as above.

Necromancy Black
10-06-2009, 23:56
Considering that I've already purchased the plastic steggy, I won't be dropping it from the list. I like the idea of taking COK as I like the models.. but points = lose.

Haven't you got two Stegadons in the list? One is the normal one, one is the Engine of the Gods. Have you purchased 2 kits already?

Obeisance
11-06-2009, 01:57
No, just the one. See, one of the kits is secondhand. A guy purchased it for a conversion, took the engine parts out. Remainder is just Steg with bow.

Necromancy Black
13-06-2009, 14:22
Oh god, that's gipped :p

Well I wouldn't build the list with both of them in it but I guess you've got no choice now :p