1x Blue scribes

Core:

3x 10 Horrors

Special

3x 6 Hounds of Khorne

Rare

2x 6 Flamers: pyrocaster

PD-11 DD-6

I made this list thinking in a magic, deamon and undead heavy enviorment.
master of sorcery i think is great nowing all spells of any lore is great ( and deamons using lore of light is ironic and usefull ), the blue scribe looks good on paper, free spell using the spells of your oponent to cast more spells, especialy if you are playing demons ore undead and chose lore of light, but i whold like some opinions if some one has had any expiriance with im.

Witchblade
10-06-2009, 01:39
Might wanna fit some harpies in.

I take it you're playing in a powerplay environment? Otherwise your cheese will lose you friends.

PARTYCHICORITA
10-06-2009, 02:21
Very nice list but indeed you won't have a lot of friends left once you field this.:p

Logan_uc
10-06-2009, 03:32
I dont think its cheesy, i no peapole dont like ranked up units but my 24 maruders with a nurgule sorcerrer with a blood pendant beat the livin crap of many a thing... and this army isnt very good agaainst numbers. i made this list more for fun ( ok wining to but who dosent)

and about the blue scribe no one as any expiriance??

Logan_uc
10-06-2009, 14:59
no one as played whit a blu scribe? please some fedback on im

dal9ll
10-06-2009, 17:54
I think there are an very low number of models for a 2500 point game. Also, Id leave Master of Sorcery for the Heralds. MoS isnt that good on a Lord of Change since you still only get one spell so youre sacrificing knowing 4 Tzeentch spells for one spell of your choice from one of the eight Lores.

Blue Scribes are good in a magic-heavy list. Youll have to let your get a few spells off each turn for it to be worth it though. Your Special/Rare choices are good, but a major snore. Also, Im not sure the "dispel scrolls" AKA Spell Breakers will be that necessary in a such a magic-heavy list. The points may be better spent on Icon of Sorcery for the Horror units.

All-in-all, the list looks okay but you may have trouble with armies like Skaven or other hordes, since you have such a low model-count and no amount of Magic can handle such high levels of bodies on the table.

Good luck!

Temakador
10-06-2009, 18:08
well first off its not quite a magic army of doom, i have seen a 2000 pt army with about 22+ PD so its not that heavy magic wise, if u come up agenst a army with good magic defence like dwarfs or magic heavy armys u will strugle a lot and will probally die with only 3 small combat units but hey it could be good. so no i don't think its cheesy and could be good but don't go to tornaments with it :(

Logan_uc
10-06-2009, 18:43
well first off its not quite a magic army of doom, i have seen a 2000 pt army with about 22+ PD so its not that heavy magic wise, if u come up agenst a army with good magic defence like dwarfs or magic heavy armys u will strugle a lot and will probally die with only 3 small combat units but hey it could be good. so no i don't think its cheesy and could be good but don't go to tornaments with it :(

magic army of doom is only to get attention...and i no its no cheese... on the 22 PD im not sold...

Logan_uc
10-06-2009, 18:48
Also, Id leave Master of Sorcery for the Heralds. MoS isnt that good on a Lord of Change since you still only get one spell so youre sacrificing knowing 4 Tzeentch spells for one spell of your choice from one of the eight Lores.

what are you talking about?? master of sorcery gives you all spells from the lore you chose... so the lord of change can have allspells from lore of tzenntch or all spell from any of the 8 lores..

Temakador
10-06-2009, 18:53
22 PD easy first lvl 4 LOC which power vortex then 3 heralds with power vortex and pure horrers with no command all the way home yer i have seen it done and it did kill the empire it was playing

Crower
10-06-2009, 18:58
magic army of doom is only to get attention...and i no its no cheese... on the 22 PD im not sold...

Not sold? Pretty easy.. Just use the points in BIG horrors units, instead that in flamers / Hounds.

LoC + 3 units x 26 horrors (With standar ofc! +1 to cast) + 2 heralds => 20 Power dices (THe loc have P.Vortex ofc, + T.Will)

And the horros, yeah, they are horrible in CC, but u ll still have a +5 Static CR with a 4+ Ward Save.. (And even change the banner with the one of 3d6 strg 3 hits ..)

If you go to te extreme, you can easly even beat those 22 P.Dices ( Getting Power vortex with those heralds too). And we are not counting bound items (if you get the 3d6 standart)

So, yes, a daemon "Magic heavy" list at 2500 points with just 11 PD is NOT "Heavy". But ofc its great to keep some friends (Altough, its still a REALLY boring list to play against, and 2x6 flammers + 3xhounds IS cheesie)

Logan_uc
10-06-2009, 19:27
I think there are an very low number of models for a 2500 point game. Also, Id leave Master of Sorcery for the Heralds. MoS isnt that good on a Lord of Change since you still only get one spell so youre sacrificing knowing 4 Tzeentch spells for one spell of your choice from one of the eight Lores.

Blue Scribes are good in a magic-heavy list. Youll have to let your get a few spells off each turn for it to be worth it though. Your Special/Rare choices are good, but a major snore. Also, Im not sure the "dispel scrolls" AKA Spell Breakers will be that necessary in a such a magic-heavy list. The points may be better spent on Icon of Sorcery for the Horror units.

All-in-all, the list looks okay but you may have trouble with armies like Skaven or other hordes, since you have such a low model-count and no amount of Magic can handle such high levels of bodies on the table.

Good luck!

Not sold? Pretty easy.. Just use the points in BIG horrors units, instead that in flamers / Hounds.

LoC + 3 units x 26 horrors (With standar ofc! +1 to cast) + 2 heralds => 20 Power dices (THe loc have P.Vortex ofc, + T.Will)

And the horros, yeah, they are horrible in CC, but u ll still have a +5 Static CR with a 4+ Ward Save.. (And even change the banner with the one of 3d6 strg 3 hits ..)

If you go to te extreme, you can easly even beat those 22 P.Dices ( Getting Power vortex with those heralds too). And we are not counting bound items (if you get the 3d6 standart)

So, yes, a daemon "Magic heavy" list at 2500 points with just 11 PD is NOT "Heavy". But ofc its great to keep some friends (Altough, its still a REALLY boring list to play against, and 2x6 flammers + 3xhounds IS cheesie)

in truth ther are 13 pd( didnt count de 2 pd base), twin head counts as 3 PD, horror power dice arent arent PD are pseudo magic missiles...but geting big units of horrors for flesh hounds is good ( does muts are uglier then my butt crack)... dont get flamers?!?! they are the best unit in deamons army... and you are forgeting the blue scribrs... 22PD...uhm thet gives me what 5 6 PD.
now i have what now 22 PD dice to.. and i chose the best lore for the job...

Gaargod
10-06-2009, 20:28
I'd recommend Kairos over the LoC.

LoC is harder hitting in combat of course, but Kairos is about the same price, gets Twin heads and gets to CHOOSE useful spells from different lores (which is usually better/same as know a lore, even if its only 4 spells, and he gets 8!). He's also harder to kill with daemonic robes and a 3+ ward.

Logan_uc
10-06-2009, 20:35
I'd recommend Kairos over the LoC.

LoC is harder hitting in combat of course, but Kairos is about the same price, gets Twin heads and gets to CHOOSE useful spells from different lores (which is usually better/same as know a lore, even if its only 4 spells, and he gets 8!). He's also harder to kill with daemonic robes and a 3+ ward.

I no Kairos is grat in the magic fase but he is nothig in combat, and a LoC can kil many a thing ( put a sword of ruin in and he is deadlier than a bloodthirster.

Temakador
10-06-2009, 21:25
yer but kairos can get the sword of ruin aswell

Logan_uc
10-06-2009, 21:28
yer but kairos can get the sword of ruin aswell

only difernce is 6 str 9 atacks to 2 str 8 atacks

Crower
10-06-2009, 21:32
in truth ther are 13 pd( didnt count de 2 pd base), twin head counts as 3 PD, horror power dice arent arent PD are pseudo magic missiles...but geting big units of horrors for flesh hounds is good ( does muts are uglier then my butt crack)... dont get flamers?!?! they are the best unit in deamons army... and you are forgeting the blue scribrs... 22PD...uhm thet gives me what 5 6 PD.
now i have what now 22 PD dice to.. and i chose the best lore for the job...

First off, i was not giving you a new "List" for you. Its a 2k list, (Not 2,5k) and it was just to show that it IS perfectly possible to get 22 Power dices in a 2k army.

And.. yes.. horrors PD are PD.. and all but one spells they get are great and worth casting.. and lvl 3 horrors get all those spells (Only the one they get at lvl 4 is the bad one..)

Blue scribes are awesome, but they are better in an army with "less " magic. With soo much DD its hard to the oponent to cast anything, and remember that blue scribes ONLY gets you P.Dices IF your opponent gets to cast anything..

With soo many DD, you ll only be getting P.dices from Irresistible force spells or the ones you LET him cast.. and thats usually not a good trade (Unless the oponent is dumbass and cast useless spells to get you free P.Dices..)

I am not saying that Blue scribes are bad in magic heavy armies (They are ALWAYS good considering that they are just 81 points..) but just think about it.

Twin heads are not 3 PD, and never will. You can also take Twin heads anyway in the "2k example list" instead of T.Will+P.Vortex , but i ll not trade off a reroll in ALL magic phases + a P.Dice for a +2 to cast.

OH! , and.. 4-6 P.Dices ??? .... you get ONE single p.Dice for each spell the oponent cast.. żDo you really count with the opponent CASTING SUCCESSFULLY 4-6 spells per magic phase???!!!

You ll be lucky to get 1-2 , unless he is playing VC and you are letting him free cast anything without dispelling..

Oh! and if you are not getting kairos because you dont want to add more cheese to the list, then thats OK.

If you are not getting kairos because you think a LoC is better ... ... ...

Sarael
11-06-2009, 02:45
Having Flesh Hounds in an otherwise Tzeentch heavy list is blasphemous. The ruinous powers will curse you with many miscasts!!!

Your blasphemous iniquities aside, hope you can pounce on your foes with the hounds before a big infantry block or a heavy cavalry unit pounces on them, less you face their wrath even sooner! While FHs are a solid unit, they don't fit the rest of your army of heavy casting. Screamers would fit the bill much better IMO, plus they would remove your blasphemy and put you back in favor with the Gods.