PDA

View Full Version : duping knights+rules question

LemanRuss
10-06-2009, 20:38
today at work i had a thought.
would it be possible to kill a knights horse in combat?

say a unit of 5 empire knights fight an unit of beatsmen
say i choose to target the knights horse it dies, then the unit of knights kills the beatsmen unit.
what youve got is one knight on foot next to 4 mounted knights? what next? does the unit move slow? is the unmounted knight killed?

also if a unit of skirmishers charges a unit with ranks, say 5? in the flank, does that unit lose its rank bonus?

thankies!

Griefbringer
10-06-2009, 20:43
1.) No, you cannot kill the mount of a cavalry model (rulebook page 7). You can however kill a monstrous mount ridden by a character (rulebook pages 59-61).

2.) Skirmishers do not cancel enemy rank bonus (rulebook page 67).

Wapniak
10-06-2009, 20:49
I'd recomend reading the most basic rules, rather than spaming the forum with stupid threads.

I'll anwser nevertheless:

1) You can't attack 1W horses in any way, thus you can't kill them. If you kill the rider the horse dies with him.

2) Skirmisher never negate ranks (Skirmisher rules, pg. 67)

edit: ninja'ed

Spirit
10-06-2009, 21:34
I'd recomend reading the most basic rules, rather than spaming the forum with stupid threads.

I'd recommend not being such an ****, but i suppose your as likely to listen as all the posters spamming stupid threads..

Wapniak
10-06-2009, 22:17
Aren't those the most basic of rules? They may be obtained just by reading the rulebook. I think that both anwsers were easy to find as (it took me less than a minute). I'm I wrong? However, despite my rudness I did anwser. And for my rudeness I apologize (You didn't expect that, did you?).

eyescrossed
12-06-2009, 02:50
Aren't those the most basic of rules?They are, but I didn't know them until I read the rulebook a few weeks ago. LemanRuss might not even play fantasy, and could just be asking a question.

Lord Dan
12-06-2009, 04:32
I'd recomend reading the most basic rules, rather than spaming the forum with stupid threads

I'd recommend reading the most basic forum posting guidelines, rather than spamming up the forums with elitist, thoughtless, and non-helpful statements.

Kalec
12-06-2009, 04:35
There are tricky questions that you really have to dig for. And then there are questions like this, that the rulebook answers quit clearly in the appropriate section. If you can't be bothered to even glance at the rulebook, why should we?

Lord Dan
12-06-2009, 04:40
If you can't be bothered to even glance at the rulebook, why should we?

Because we're a community that takes care of each other?

eyescrossed
12-06-2009, 07:15
Because we're a community that takes care of each other?

That's not so true. Not with those guys around. No offense intended of course. "Thou shalt not flame thee flamer".

Lord Dan
12-06-2009, 17:33
That's not so true. Not with those guys around. No offense intended of course. "Thou shalt not flame thee flamer".

It's become more of a theoretical concept of late.

Tomalock
14-06-2009, 03:15
It's become more of a theoretical concept of late.

I blame daemons of chaos! Its the work of Tzeentch I tell you!