23 Tomb Guard 346 Pts
Command & Icon of Rakaph

Bone Giant 220 Pts

Screaming Skull Catapult 110 Pts
Skulls of the Foe

Malorian
10-06-2009, 21:37
-Cloak should be on the Hierophant to keep him alive

-The icon bearer should only be used in a heavy undead contruction list. A prince or priest would be better.

-Dropping the 10 warriors and freeing up some points in other areas (a few tomb guard) could get you some carrion which are great for warmachine hunting.

Crower
10-06-2009, 21:51
i have never, ever used a icon bearer.. i am sorry but prince/priest always look to me a much better option

Also, as malorian pointed out, i always use cloack on Hierophant. If he dies, you loose, so keep him alive is priority #1

I also see too many warrior units, and never liked the Bone Giant. Against low WS /T / AR troops it can be awesome but.. you dont really need a bone giant against low ws/t/ar troops.. and unless you are getting a lot of wounds (To get more Attacks) its not worth 220 points. Drop it for a second Screaming skull catapult (Catapults are always better in packs!!!) and you ll free some points. Or even change it to get a souls casket. If you get the catapult instead of bone giant, and drop also the 10 warriros, you can get another unit of charriorts and some carrion.

Spellscape
10-06-2009, 22:14
I have Casket of souls - is it useful?

Orthanus
11-06-2009, 00:03
I'm new to TK please give me some advice on this list

Tomb King 242 Pts
Great Weapon, Light Armour, Shield, Crown of Kings, & Cloak of the Dunes
I prefer a HLP, but if you want a Tomb king: drop CotD and CoK, give him spear of antarhak and scorpian armour

Icon Bearer 127 Pts
Light Armour & Banner of the Hidden Dead
drop this all together, if you have the model, throw it away. TK have the best lord choices in the game along with new VC

Liche Priest 123 Pts
Hierophant & Skeletal Steed
Give this guy CotS not steed

Liche Priest 140 Pts
Hieratic Jar
I would give this one neferas plaques of mighty incantations for every time you roll less than 7 roll again.

24 Skeleton Warriors 266 Pts
Light Armour, Shields, Command, & Banner of the Undying Legion
good unit

24 Skeleton Warriors 241 Pts
Light Armour, Shields, & Command
good unit, but you not got archers, our archers are amazing.

1 Tomb Swarm 45 Pts
pretty obsolete when you have scorps

3 Chariots 120 Pts
woot!

10 Skeleton Warriors 100 Pts
Light Armour, Shields, & Standard Bearer
this unit isn't going to do anything

Tomb Scorpion 85 Pts
good

Tomb Scorpion 85 Pts
great

23 Tomb Guard 346 Pts
Command & Icon of Rakaph
hmmm, not sure about the banner, perhaps take undying legion off the other and use it on this unit. Put the lord in here too

Bone Giant 220 Pts
If money isn't much of an issue, 4xushabi is much better

Screaming Skull Catapult 110 Pts
Skulls of the Foe
now with your second rare choice open, take a second one of these, they are devistating

I'm not an expert on Tk, I haven't played them in ages, but you list has holes in it. Try making armies at 1000 or 1500pts and work your way up if you are new. Remember that TK are rubbish at <1000pts and get better and better as the points number increases. Think about more bowmen, more carrion, don't bother with spearmen, dont even make the models because swordsmen are cheaper and better.

Orthanus
11-06-2009, 00:04
Casket is good, but only if you take lots of magic. You will need a HLP and at least 2 LP.