PDA

View Full Version : Been getting a lot of stick for this....

theunwantedbeing
10-06-2009, 23:48
My mates mage lord on pegasus foolishly landed behind my dark elf crossbowmen thinking she was safe.

The unit was 10 men strong in a 5x2 formation.
So I simply expanded the frotnage to 10 models, wheeled forwards a little and turned around to face the mage and shot at her.

Killed her mount but not her sadly.
Apparently it wasnt "in the spirit of the rules" at all and shouldnt be legal.

Sore loser (I think so) or was that really horribly underhand of me?

Shamfrit
10-06-2009, 23:55
Can't the models about face on the spot anyway?

Seems fine to me, he should've landed at 1 inch off kilt to the unit and blocked your wheel.

theunwantedbeing
11-06-2009, 00:01
He couldn't have blocked my wheel as it wasnt very far and it was away from his unit.
I then turned around.

It went like this.
1. expand frontage by 5 to 10 models
2. wheel forwards a little
3. turn around

Perfectly legal as far as I am aware.
(would have been better to wheel and then expand frontage to be honest)

Shamfrit
11-06-2009, 00:04
Yeah, he made a bad move, he'll learn and not do it a second time.

Necromancy Black
11-06-2009, 00:16
Perfectly fine move, was there fault for assuming it couldn't be done.

sulla
11-06-2009, 00:46
Killed her mount but not her sadly.
Apparently it wasnt "in the spirit of the rules" at all and shouldnt be legal.

I often feel it is against the spirit of the rules to shoot/magic at my characters too... Don't my enemies realise it really hurts the character's feelings? ;)

Seriously, though, what part wasn't in the spirit of the rules? Using such complicated manouver? I frequently use stuff like turn, move, turn to shuffle a couple of inches sideways, or about face, move, about face to back out of charge range.

artyboy
11-06-2009, 02:30
10 crossbowmen are standing there in a field. All of a sudden a a chick on a big ******* monster lands right behind them. I think it's pretty obvious how they'd react. It's not like it was some overly complex, impossible to do for real maneuver that doesn't make any sense. Sore loser is right.

SiNNiX
11-06-2009, 04:15
How do you play smarter than me!!!

Griffery
11-06-2009, 04:35
Umm your friend just can't stand the fact that he made an incredibly dumb move and actually thought that getting so close to your units might actually hurt him. Either way you are right and it is perfectly legal.

moose
11-06-2009, 12:53
People who usually cry foul at you for shooting characters, generally have a crutch on needing these characters to win the game for them, or are sore losers.

For example, it'd be okay for a wood elf lord or sorceress to shoot/magic your unit to death right? Why can't your unit defend itself oO when it's probably about the same points for said character/unit.

Hypocrisy.

Moose

Avian
11-06-2009, 12:57
I use that move with Gnoblars all the time.

_Kalas_
11-06-2009, 13:28
Hahahaha lol!
You shouldn't do this, she's a lady!
Where are Your manners dude?:D

Gaargod
11-06-2009, 15:16
What your mate should have done was have something in front of the crossbowmen to charge them in the rear after they turned around. That would probably focused their attention a bit more :D

But hey, standing in range of a shooty unit with a bikini on is just asking for trouble...

Mercules
11-06-2009, 16:07
I use that move with Gnoblars all the time.

Ditto!

My Gnoblars are placed on 2 5x1 bases, a couple 2x1 bases and then a few free. Movement trays were too clumsy when I was reforming about every other turn. That setup made it easy to go 7-9 wide when I turn right and expand frontage by up to 5. :)

lopezpie
11-06-2009, 16:32
I dont see anything wrong with you taking and capitalizing on another persons mistake isnt that what warhammer is about? sounds all gravy to me. maybe he will re think that move next time. :)