PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a game in my area...

Wolfblade670
11-06-2009, 07:42
I didn't know where else to put this; if the mods do please feel free to move this thread. I've been eager to get in a game of Fantasy but my local group has become rather stiff. Is there anybody in or near the southern Maryland area, USA, who'd like to meet up for some games? Perhaps this could be used as a general thread for finding other local players for the Fantasy forum.

Malorian
11-06-2009, 14:46
Go to your local GW store. Even if you don't like playing there at least you can meet other people or maybe the store has contacts for other clubs/bunkers.

The Emperor
11-06-2009, 18:34
Heh. Nearest GW store to me is about 15 hours away.

Anyway, it'd be nice if this board had a forum for people to find local gamers. That'd be nice, IMO.

Lord Malorne
11-06-2009, 18:45
I suggested that in future of warseer and got not a single response :(.

The Emperor
11-06-2009, 19:33

Well, you have my support! :) How can I say no to somebody who's sigged me? :D

N810
11-06-2009, 19:36
What county in maryland ?
my crew is in the eastern shore of virginia.

DarkTerror
11-06-2009, 19:45

Definately needed. When I requested it a long time ago I didn't receive any response either.

Lord Malorne
11-06-2009, 19:47
If you had an option to put your location (properly ;)) which could be used on the advanced members search, like 'all members in UK, then all members in X county' or some such.

I managed with immense luck to scout a member for our club off warseer who did not even know we had a club in this area and that was because he put his actual location and I PM'd him, he came to the club last night and now we have a new member :D.

The Emperor
11-06-2009, 19:50
Something like this would certainly be nice.

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/memberlist.php?

fubukii
11-06-2009, 20:17
how close to do you live to glen burnie? a couple of my friends and myself take a trip there once a month about from philadelphia

The Emperor
11-06-2009, 20:49
If you had an option to put your location (properly ;))

But I really DO live in the Imperial Palace! It's just been relocated to south Florida because after sitting on the Golden Throne for 10,000 years, I wanted a tan...

Drachen_Jager
16-06-2009, 18:21
Well I guess until this thread gets deleted it can be the unofficial looking for a game thread...

On that note, Vancouver Canada anyone? For some reason the only GW stores here are in the outskirts and my local gaming/hobby store had to shut down it's wargaming section due to hard economic times (they're primarily a comic shop).

So, anyone from Kerrisdale/Dunbar/Kits area?

Zoolander
16-06-2009, 20:07
Agree 100%. this site definitely needs a Looking For Group section. Please create this pronto! Many other sites have this feature, so should Warseer.

Kevlar
16-06-2009, 20:18
I play in the Glen Burnie Battle bunker some times. Its about 50 miles for me. Thats about what I drive every day for work too. :(

Zoolander
16-06-2009, 21:57
I play in the Glen Burnie Battle bunker some times. Its about 50 miles for me. Thats about what I drive every day for work too. :(

That sucks man! I feel you! But it's Warhammer, so you gotta! :p

Mott
16-06-2009, 22:01
I used to play 40k at glen burnie at its old building, its kinda small now. I dont have much time to go there either, its a 40min drive for me.

@OP northern vriginia has sime game stores, theres on with quite a few tables Ill add it to this post when I find it.

Sergeant Uriel Ventris
16-06-2009, 22:10
I know that there are players in the Syracuse, NY area, but I would love to find a group of older gamers 20 plus to play with. Our GW closed a year or two ago, and my life hasn't been the same since...