PDA

View Full Version : Wizards and armor

Jushak
11-06-2009, 18:09
As I did most of my gaming in 6th edition I seem to remember hearing/reading a rule about wizards losing ability to cast spells while wearing armor of any kind (with chaos armor being exception).

However, while reading the 7th edition rulebook me and my friends have been unable to locate such rule. The odd part for us is that WoC armybook specifically states that chaos sorcerers are able to cast while wearing armor, hinting that such rule should indeed still exist.

If anyone could point a page / FAQ where this rule is mentioned I would really appreciate it, assuming it still exists.

Mercules
11-06-2009, 18:12
7th Edition does not have that rule. However 6th did and a lot of people still remember it so I believe they felt the need to remind you that a Wizard wearing army CAN cast spells in 7th. Also, if they change the rule in 8th, Chaos Sorcerers are not suddenly unable to cast their spells since the Armybook states they can despite the armor.

Chaos Undecided
11-06-2009, 18:30
It is however in the rules that a model cant buy magic armor or shields unless they can be given the mundane equivalents in their options (citing that armor affects mages ability to use magic) unless it is specified differently in the armybook such as with the Armor of Tarnus in the Empire book, being that Chaos Sorcerers are pretty much the only magic users that have armor this is probably why they mention it in the army book

Jushak
11-06-2009, 18:38
Thanks for the quick answers!

siphon101
12-06-2009, 00:42
being that Chaos Sorcerers are pretty much the only magic users that have armor

My blood dragons scoff at this petty notion.

Falkman
12-06-2009, 01:20
My blood dragons scoff at this petty notion.
Your Blood Dragons don't exist anymore ;)

PlainsDrifter
12-06-2009, 03:18
from the first post i thought wizards could cast with full plate armor

WLBjork
12-06-2009, 04:45
Your Blood Dragons don't exist anymore ;)

Which doesn't stop the Von Carsteins having inherited the ability :D

EvC
12-06-2009, 11:16
from the first post i thought wizards could cast with full plate armor

They can. They just don't very often have the opportunity to buy the full plate armour in the first place. Chaos Sorcerers come with for free of course (Chaos Armour) and Vampires can buy Walach's Bloody Hauberk which is essentially full plate, too. And then they can still cast.