PDA

View Full Version : Strigos 2000pts need help

Logan_uc
12-06-2009, 01:55
Heros:

1x Lord: DS, Book of Arkhan,LvL 3, Dark Acolyte, ghoulkin, Summon Creatures of the Night, Summon Ghouls.

2x Vampire: DS, Dark Acolyte, Summon Gouls.

Core:

3x 11 Ghouls

3x 18 Ghouls: Ghast

2x 10 Wolves

Special:

2x 5 Fell Bats

Rare:

1x Varghulf

models:121

The army is made more for fluf but can it be competitive? what would you get rid of and put in? all help is need.

Gaargod
12-06-2009, 11:02
That's a lot of ghouls...

Split the doggies into units of 5. More maneuverable that way.

Similar for bats - they may as well be in units of 3 or 4, 5 is wasting a bat.

You could do with trying to get the Helm of Commandment and Black Periapt in there. Awesome items (possibly remove some dogs?). Summon Creatures of the Night i always thought was a bit of a waste as you only summon 1 per cast.

As your army is very 'raise spam' focused, maybe think about a corpse cart + unholy lodestone. ASF is very useful and becomes a 'i must dispel that' spell and the lodestone helps with raising more.

Personally i'd consider dropping one of the smaller ghoul units - i'm guessing they're acting as bunkers for the characters, but they don't need a bunker each. Maybe drop 2 units, get some other fun stuff. Another Vargulf would be amazing in this sort of army.

Logan_uc
12-06-2009, 12:36
like the item sugestion, and the muts spliting to, the corpse charts dont seem in the theme... for only one bunker... seen to many vampires last words being "what are those 12 tubular flamy things making aim at this 13 strong unit"

Penitent Engine
12-06-2009, 12:41
You might want to drop some Ghouls, or combine them into larger units of about 20 each for a more secure baseline-frankly, you don't have enough PD to produce a dominating magic phase to add more to every unit.

Logan_uc
12-06-2009, 13:04
You might want to drop some Ghouls, or combine them into larger units of about 20 each for a more secure baseline-frankly, you don't have enough PD to produce a dominating magic phase to add more to every unit.

you tuched in one of mi dilemas more attacks or static bonus... i tend to go for atacks... my trade a unit of ghouls for a vamp... but i love the idea of mass of ghouls... sommonig seems less fluffy

Spirit
12-06-2009, 16:45
Ive got to say it, strigoi or not your vamps have no protection, they will not last past their first combat.

Give them dread knight (just fluff it and say they are stronger on the charge and their thick vampire skin gives them the 2+ save. Just model them on a cavalry base and have fun.

At worst give your lord the flayed hauberk.

In my opinion, your lord is not a strigoi lord. They are supposed to be monsters in combat, with some innate control over he vampires. Strigoi also always had hatred, so infinite hatred on the lord is a must. Your lord is much closer to a necrarch.

Spirit
12-06-2009, 16:47
you tuched in one of mi dilemas more attacks or static bonus... i tend to go for atacks... my trade a unit of ghouls for a vamp... but i love the idea of mass of ghouls... sommonig seems less fluffy

If summoning is unfluffy dont give your lord SUMMON ghouls? Lol.