PDA

View Full Version : The Bronze Armour of Zhrakk

Griffery
12-06-2009, 23:13
So I normally take this item on my Chaos Lord, whether sorceror or normal lord, but I was wondering if it is as good as I think it is. I know that not giving out your leadership is a problem but I normally give out MoS so it does not affect my army that much. My largest fear is losing my lord to either some Way Watchers or some Grave Guard because those are the two armies I play the most. Is this just me being paranoid and wasting some points or am I actually using the 15 points effectively?

kramplarv
12-06-2009, 23:17
immune to KB is a good thing. But the ItP property of the armor is the worst drawback. Not being able to flee sucks more than everything else.

nzdarkelf
12-06-2009, 23:39
ItP won't be a draw back if the character is put in a unit that isn't ItP. BRB p78, "A character that is ItP and joins a unit that is not ItP loses his Immunity as long as he is with them."
Of course the MoS will still make him Immune to panic, fear and terror but still able to flee from a charge if he so desires - but why would he?
You are definitely not being paranoid about Killing Blow especially if your Lord has no ward save. If you are cool about not using the Lords leadership for your other troops then go for it.

Witchblade
13-06-2009, 00:13
No leadership bubble for your warhounds?

Griffery
13-06-2009, 01:09
Yeah I actually had that problem last game where I lost all of my warhounds turn one due to my opponents massive amounts of shooting with his WE. It was annoying but I wasn't to worried about it because I was expecting them to either draw his fire for awhile or just get into CC so they couldn't shoot, but this plan sadly didn't work out.

Jericho
13-06-2009, 16:04
I think Bronze Armor on a general is a problem if you have Marauders or Warhounds. Even stuff like Trolls. In certain builds it's not a big deal but it's definitely a drawback. What else does your Chaos Lord have? I rarely find any builds worth the investment over a Hero , and I find taking a Sorc Lord is just more fun :D

EvC
13-06-2009, 16:53
It's usually a bad idea on a Chaos Lord, because you lose the LD9, plus if your opponent is quite savvy then he'll work out the armour is on him the moment he forces a panic test.

It can work well for lists that have no warhounds, but lists with no warhounds are usually VERY bad, so it's six of one and half-a-dozen of another set of bad ideas. Alternately on a Lord on Dragon.

Its best use is on a Sorcerer Lord, as you can simply make another chaarcter the general. Alternately on a Battle Standard Bearer it's quite nice- go on then you dirty Dark Elf Assassins, just try it!

Avian
13-06-2009, 17:43
I'm leaning towards swapping out the Golden Eye on my BSB on Disc for the Bronze Armour and a Talisman of Protection. Last tournament it would have saved him two out of the three times he died (once from Killing Blow and once from a Panic spell that caused him to flee off the table), though of course going from a 3+ Ward vs. shooting to a 5+ might have its downsides too.

The other downsides to the Bronze Armour do not worry me - he can't be the general anyway since he carries the battle standard and he can't lend his Ld to other units since he's on a flying mount and can't join units. He's not able to flee from charges, but he can fly and shouldn't be in a position where that is problematic anyway.

Griffery
13-06-2009, 19:17
My lord was a sorceror lord on a manticore with axe of khorne and golden eye of tzeentch and fury of the blood god. Because my main opponent is VC i was hoping to fly onto a hill or some other thing so I could possibly charge him by turn 2 or 3, but that was just my idea. The golden eye was in case i fought his WE becasue we decide what armies we are using when we get there.

Jericho
13-06-2009, 20:57
My lord was a sorceror lord on a manticore with axe of khorne and golden eye of tzeentch and fury of the blood god. Because my main opponent is VC i was hoping to fly onto a hill or some other thing so I could possibly charge him by turn 2 or 3, but that was just my idea. The golden eye was in case i fought his WE becasue we decide what armies we are using when we get there.
Illegal! It seems like every time I read a thread on WOC someone is combining the Fury of the Blood God with magic items. It's the first line in the gift's description, may not take magic items...

Sorry :p

EvC
13-06-2009, 23:16
That's what happens when people write their army lists with Army Builder without actually checking their army book, I suppose...

Jushak
14-06-2009, 17:58
That's what happens when people write their army lists with Army Builder without actually checking their army book, I suppose...

Actually army builder (3.x anyway) gives error notice when you combine FotBG with magic items. From the top of my head I can't remember seeing single illegal item combination with AB.

Griffery
15-06-2009, 03:13
Yeah I actually didn't make my army list on Army Builder but thanks for pointing that out. That kinda sucks but I think I can deal with it. I will most likely switch it out for bloodcurdling roar.

Brother J
15-06-2009, 22:19
If you're running a Chaos Lord, don't opt for the Bronze Armour. The leadership 9 is pretty much the most awesome stat on the lord's stat line.

With a sorcerer lord on the other hand, sure why not. The majority of the army is already running with the same leadership. If you use your hounds and marauders right as the situation calls for, you'll either be not caring whether they run away, or they'll not need the leadership of the general anyways.

Havock
16-06-2009, 04:08
Or you simply use someone else as the general. Seeing as he is Ld8, another sorcerer or exalted hero can be that just -fine-.