PDA

View Full Version : Characters leading trolls.

Shimmergloom
30-12-2005, 14:40
If I have an orc or goblin character leading trolls, does he still get the look out sir! roll?

And do I need 3 or 5 trolls to get that roll?

Finally, if the character is mounted on a wolf or boar, do I still get the roll?

Festus
30-12-2005, 14:56
Hi

Nope, it has to be a unit of 5 or more models of the same size.
At least according to the BRB, p. 100

Greetings
Festus

Keller
30-12-2005, 16:50
You need atleast 5 models from the unit to get the Look Out roll. The exception to this is an Ogre Kingdom unit with a Look Out Gnoblar, which makes it so you only need 3 ogres to take the roll.

However, as Festus has said, the character and unit have to be of the same size.

Tarax
31-12-2005, 09:30
This has often been the question.

Although there are not many people who have 5 or more Trolls in a single unit.

It's seems strange that a single character on foot is still a viable target for shooting, even though he's surrounded by several larger models, and even when he's mounted.

You might make a houserule, where these characters are protected by the 'Look out, sir'-rule.

Ganymede
31-12-2005, 15:12
Don't do that. If you play like it usinga house rule, and get used to beingable to depend on the trolls to protect the character from shooting, you'lljust be giving your self a crutch. You don't waqnt to be dependent on crutches.

Though, I will say it would be cool if in the next edition, there was some sort of 40mm mount that could join trolls. It would be very cool if a goblin cound actually be mounted on the back of a troll.

T10
01-01-2006, 21:07
Use whatever house-rules you think make sense.

Often, such rules are not really necessary since they are created to solve apparent problems but which are infact misunderstandings.

However, it is a good idea to note such rules down. Print them out and hang them on the wall of your basement, game room or whatever. Just make sure everybody knows that such rules are only house-rules and not tournament stuff.

-T10

Ganymede
02-01-2006, 05:10
You just have to watch out, not everyone thinks the same things make sense.