PDA

View Full Version : Blood Angel Sargents and Honour Guard / Elites / Furioso question

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 19:13
The Blood Angels Honour Guard has black skull company icons.
The 5th Company have black blood drops.
Sargents have black pads with red rims and yellow BA symbol.
But what about the other side?
How would i mark a sargent in the Honour Guard or 5th company?
Black symbol on black pad?
How do others get around this?

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 19:13
I am looking at building a Blood Angels force.
But unsure what to go for in the Elites section.
Vet Assault troops and Furioso Dreads seem good.
But i also love the models for the Sniper Scouts and Terminators.

Which are best used or which do others use in a BA force?

Lord Damocles
13-06-2009, 19:16
Silly as it it, there's currently no provision for Honour Guard Sergeants. So that's that problem solved.

For black on black markings, I'd probably outline the markings with either a thin line of red or white (or possibly yellow for Sergeants).

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 19:22
How do you all arm your Furioso Dreads?
Armour? Venerable? Death Company? Metla or flamer?

Which set up works the best in game?

Ouber
13-06-2009, 19:24
Flamer and death company seems the best to me.

Ouber
13-06-2009, 19:27
Dont use scouts they dont deserve a elite choice.

Vetran assault troops are good but you should have a furiso dreadnought in my opinion.

Also I wouldnt get carried away with elites you need more squads in troops for objectives and this way youll get more free death company.

Lord Damocles
13-06-2009, 19:31
Terminators are worth a punt due to their free Death Company member actually being *free* (unlike most units in the list). The ability to take a Drop Pod also allows them to DS in without having to worry about scatting off into Nebraska due to the Blood Angels moronic lack of Teleport Homers.

Scouts are only really worth consideration if you want Sniper Rifles for some reason. Any other loadout and you can get a different squad which can do the same job better. The fact that they don't generate Death Company is just a kick in the teeth.

Veteran Assault Squads are good at what they do, but with the list forcing you to take regular Assault Sqauds as troops, they really need to be tooled up with special weapons to do any more than their scoring buddies.
Jump Packs and Bolters have always looked like fun to me, giving you the mobility and hitty-ness of regular Assault Marines with the firepower of a Tactical Squad.

What else is in elites?
Dreadnoughts. Dreadnoughts are always fun. Standard type works just like vanilla ones (but cost slightly more IIRC. No surprises there then).
Furiosos are a poor man's Ironclad (or is the Ironclad a rich man's Furioso?) Usually they'll be Podding in so that they don't get a Railgun to the face first turn, so the Heavy Flamer is almost a must for carbonising stuff when they land. Extra Armour is more useful on these than most vehicles at the increased cost of 15pts since Stunned results aren't going to cost you an attack in combat. Venerable Death Company Furioso Dreadnoughts are fun for those who like prefixes.

EDIT: Tech Marines! Who could possibly forget them?
They're s**t. Pass.

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 19:42
maybe a strong extreme highlight around the drop or skull?

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 19:43
Is it worth using the melta, armour and venerable?

Ravenheart
13-06-2009, 19:46
The DC Venerable Dread is a bit expensive, but for me it was worth the few games I used him.

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 19:46
So the scouts are out then.
Down to Termies, Furiosos and Vet Assault now.

Ouber
13-06-2009, 19:54
If your only taking one of the above then take a furiso. Just play it right otherwise it will never get to hit the enemy.

Ouber
13-06-2009, 19:55
Is it worth using the melta, armour and venerable?

Technically speaking no its to expensive. But for fun yes for competitive no.

Leftenant Gashrog
13-06-2009, 20:05
I'd just go for the RT method: back then it was only the chapter badge pad that was black, the other pad remained red.

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 20:30
Will probably have at least 3 Elite units

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 20:31
fun i think then

Ouber
13-06-2009, 20:36
mmmmm I wouldnt personally you need lots of troops to form you assualt background a good hq and maybe a heavy. I think youll probs handicap your force with three elites if were talking 1500pts anywayz.

marv335
13-06-2009, 20:37
Standard Sgt markings and a Gold helmet.

Ouber
13-06-2009, 20:38
fun i think then

Then definatly do it then.

DutroX
13-06-2009, 20:41
It differs from game to game, but i usually upgrade the storm bolter to a heavy flamer, and usually keep it stock but sometimes upgrade to a D.C. one. Drop podding one of those bad boys in is fun too.

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 20:42
Might have to use 2 with drop pods

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 20:43
Think i might try painting the drop/skull red on the black pad. No company uses red

DutroX
13-06-2009, 20:44
In higher pointed games i usually take 5 assault termies with mixed LC and TH/SS along with a termie librarian (although termie chaplains are something i've been meaning to try). Deep striking them in any form is generally not a good idea, since they're just going to sit there for an entire turn waiting to be shot, so throwing them in a Land Raider Crusader is definitely something to consider.

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 20:45
I will have that many in my collection for larger games and planetstrike games

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 20:48
In higher pointed games i usually take 5 assault termies with mixed LC and TH/SS along with a termie librarian (although termie chaplains are something i've been meaning to try). Deep striking them in any form is generally not a good idea, since they're just going to sit there for an entire turn waiting to be shot, so throwing them in a Land Raider Crusader is definitely something to consider.

I thought you could only have LC Or TH/SS.
Not going to use standard HQ. Want to keep it very Blood Angel and only use the spec characters.
A Crusader will be a must

sorienor
13-06-2009, 20:57
I have not actually played mine yet but I was planning on going Furioso + venerable + DC + heavy flamer.

sigur
13-06-2009, 20:59
I can understand that you're excited about your new army and stuff but wouldn't it be more interesting to do stuff your way instead of starting 500 threads within one hour, asking people for how they do it? :)

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 21:05
Very sorry.
For some reason i had the impression that this forum was for contact with other gamers on all manner of subjects. Everyone helping everyone else.
But i must have been mistaken.

Ouber
13-06-2009, 21:06
I can understand that you're excited about your new army and stuff but wouldn't it be more interesting to do stuff your way instead of starting 500 threads within one hour, asking people for how they do it? :)

I agree. make your own list follow your gut and learn as you go.

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 21:08
If we all followed this advice then this forum wouldnt exist.
Can we get back on topic?

Ouber
13-06-2009, 21:10
If we all followed this advice then this forum wouldnt exist.
Can we get back on topic?

Not really most people take a little advice, you seem to be basically asking warseer to build you a blood angels list.

sigur
13-06-2009, 21:24
To be precise, this is not the place to ask these questions because it's 40k General which seems to be made for general gibberish. For army-building (NOT model-building) questions, have a look at the 40k Tactica section and especially the Blood Angels Tactica (http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149567) thread in which I'm sure all your questions have been answered multiple times already.

For some reason i had the impression that this forum was for contact with other gamers on all manner of subjects. Everyone helping everyone else.
But i must have been mistaken.

You're not mistaken at all, just a bit misled. :) That's why I pointed out the right place to look up your BA questions. And as for my first comment, I think you misinterpreted it a litte, I was just asking if you hadn't more fun making up your army yourself. No offense, just suggestions. :)

SanguinaryDan
13-06-2009, 21:35
For me it's always been very simple. All my Furioso Dreadnoughts show as Venerable with EA and the Heavy Flamer upgrades. A couple of them are DC for those times when I know I'll need the extra psych effect and dice in CC. So if I'm expecting to be facing any MEQ or Tyranid armies I'll go with a VDCF in a Drop Pod 100% of the time. Against anyone else it's just a question of points.

But I never leave home without at least one of each in my carry case.

hendybadger
13-06-2009, 22:54
Thanks all for the advice.
Apologies for the list of posts but ive been away for a week and had thought up all of these things.
Ill try and spread my thoughts out abit more in future