PDA

View Full Version : 2 more Q's

rtunian
13-06-2009, 22:39
two questions arose from today's game:

1) if unit A breaks unit B in combat, and unit B flees 7, while unit A pursues 9, does unit A actually move the 9? is it a choice or is it mandatory? i know unit B is cut down on the spot, before moving, but cannot find in the book whether or not unit A should make it's pursue move (whether it even has a choice), or whether "there is no enemy to pursue" and so it doesn't move at all

2) does a giant's special attacks work on ethereal units?

thanks in advance for any infos or insights :)

theunwantedbeing
13-06-2009, 22:45
1. You move the distance rolled.
2. Most of them dont, some do.

Nuada
13-06-2009, 22:52
no.2 is a bit of a grey area, but i'd say only "Yell and Bawl" works against ethereal creatures.

Necromancy Black
13-06-2009, 22:52
Unit A must move the distance rolled up to either the full distance or they hit something they can't move through, like a friendly unit.

Milgram
13-06-2009, 22:54
2. 'the some' that do is pick up and y&b. clubbering can be argumented but RAI it does not.

Nuada
13-06-2009, 22:57
I'm not sure about the "pick up and..." giant attack.
Wouldn't his hand just pass through an ethereal creature? The giant doesn't have any magical attacks, if it was me with O&G i'd say only Y&B

Milgram
14-06-2009, 07:10
would they care for y&b?

'pick up' that work on ethereal creatures: put into the bag, hurl (while the ethereal creature won't take damage, the other unit will) and pick another.

tarrasque
14-06-2009, 12:26
Unit A must move the distance rolled up to either the full distance or they hit something they can't move through, like a friendly unit.

true and remember that move penalty's like difficult terrain still apply

Gazak Blacktoof
14-06-2009, 12:51
How do you put an ethereal creature in a bag?

Huey Lewis
14-06-2009, 13:03
How do you put an ethereal creature in a bag?

How do they wear armor? Why is the sky blue? When's dinner? :D

Milgram
14-06-2009, 13:27
When's dinner? :D

that is not covered by the rules!

ethereal says that they cannot take damage by non-magical attacks. but... put into the bag does not do any damage. if the giant is killed, the models that have been put into a bag are not counting for VP. so they did not take damage or were harmed, they were just taken from the table.

Nuada
14-06-2009, 15:51
true and remember that move penalty's like difficult terrain still apply

No they don't. Units that flee or pursue ignore difficult terrain and obstacles. They move the full distance.

Only impassable terrain is a factor

TheRabidMongoose
14-06-2009, 15:54
the models that have been put into a bag are not counting for VP. so they did not take damage or were harmed, they were just taken from the table.

then these models then come back onto the table and u still have the prob of ethereal creatures again and no more giant :P

Milgram
14-06-2009, 17:23
they don't come back on the table again. they just don't count as casualties anymore.

kyinpie
14-06-2009, 22:54
if etherial units can pass through rocks, buildings etc they wouldnt be traped in a bag! sorry but Y&B is the only thing a giant can do to an etherial unit! pick up and... is technicly damage as the etherial unit will lose one base (3 wounds)

Kevlar
14-06-2009, 23:14
if etherial units can pass through rocks, buildings etc they wouldnt be traped in a bag! sorry but Y&B is the only thing a giant can do to an etherial unit! pick up and... is technicly damage as the etherial unit will lose one base (3 wounds)

Yeah I don't play undead but I'd have to agree. If the giant can't jump up and down on the unit because his giant feet pass through them then I'd say he can't pick one up for the same reason. His giant fingers would just pass through them. Yell and bawl seems fine though.

Milgram
15-06-2009, 05:15
If the giant can't jump up and down on the unit because his giant feet pass through them then I'd say he can't pick one up for the same reason. His giant fingers would just pass through them.

it doesn't matter, because the rules tell us otherwise. you can argue with logic, but you cannot argue with the rules here. and arguing with logic has been proven wrong so many times when it comes to warhammer. why can't ethereal creatures not pass through enemy units? why can't they stop their movement in a rock?