PDA

View Full Version : Ebay idea - Custom Movement trays

plasmamike
30-12-2005, 21:38
Been trying to find something to sell on ebay that is actually profitable. Heres my new idea.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MOVEMENT-TRAYS-Dwarf-Chaos-Orc-Skaven-for-Warhammer_W0QQitemZ8744985852QQcategoryZ31400QQssP ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Whether you need any or not, let me know what you think.

I'd like to try and incorporate magnets, but havent been able to do it cheaply.

Crube
30-12-2005, 21:46
Sounds good...Reasonable price too...

They look similar to the ones I make...

Hope this works out for you. I was looking at it myself, but deceided that the returns werent enough... but still

Keller
30-12-2005, 23:06
Looks like a good idea. I take it you will make just about any formation? I'd be interested in getting some for:
20mm bases:

5x5 formation
6x2 formation

Cavalry

6x1

40mm bases

5x1
3x1
4x2

Definately a good idea! I'll probably be placing an order soon if you can make these different kinds.

plasmamike
30-12-2005, 23:29
Yup, anything you need.

Just give me an idea of what kind of painting & style you want and Ill make a sample tray.

shadowprince
31-12-2005, 01:18
not bad, could really be on to something very profitable, especially if you can make some very artistic ones.

plasmamike
31-12-2005, 16:46
Muhahaha.

Ive got the magnetic thing worked out. I can now offer fully magnetic trays and it will only be $2 extra. So now for something that GF9 charges $20 for ($10 for tray + $10 for magnets) & you cant even get from GW, I can offer you for $6.

Any interest now?

Keller
31-12-2005, 17:08
The magnets have just sweetened the deal. I magnetize all my trays; it helps a lot in keeping your troops from falling down, especially on sloped terrain.

I usually paint my trays a simple black gloss, since I use them for 3 different armies, each with a different base design. The wood stains look nice though, so I'd probably go with Cherry.

I'll decide over the weekend here and place an order when I get back early next week.

Mad Doc Grotsnik
31-12-2005, 18:06
I would probably reccomend making up the most common onces in something more sturdy, then making a rubber cast. Thus, the mass production of Resin comes into it!

plasmamike
03-01-2006, 15:33
The first 25 that I listed all sold, but Im mostly finished making them, so I am going to relist the auction.

I bumped the price to $5 because I had so much interest at $4.

But Keller, if your still interested you can have them at $4 a piece.

-Mike

Keller
03-01-2006, 20:14
Lemme know when you are ready for the next batch. I have decided on ordering 10 trays of various sizes. I'm willing to pay the base $5, though I appriciate the offer to keep the lower price. Even at that cost its still an incredible bargain.

Okuto
03-01-2006, 20:53
OMG, do you take payment through mail? cause I'd be more than happy to order a few myself

plasmamike
03-01-2006, 21:04
Whenever your ready Keller. The first set is all done. Just let me know what style you want and ill make a prototype and send you a pic.

-Mike

TeddyC
03-01-2006, 22:11
Do ya ship to the UK ;)

m1s1n
03-01-2006, 22:12
Good item, but there is a spelling error in the auction.

"In your payment just list what you want, and I will built it to your exact specifications."

This should read "In your payment just list what want, and I will build it to your exact specifications."

Anyway, very cool idea. I'll be buying some eventually.

plasmamike
04-01-2006, 01:32
Always with the spelling errors... Last time I put up the listing I spelled cavalry as calvary. Hopefully ill get it right eventually.

Yes I do ship to the UK. Instead of $2 for the first + $.5 for each additional, it will be $5 + $.5 for each additional.

Order soon folks, Im going back to school in 2 weeks and wont have much time then.

Okotu, I will take payment through the mail, but I really would prefer paypal. See if any of your buddies have paypal.