PDA

View Full Version : Ultramarine Terminators

Death_to_the_Xenos
15-06-2009, 15:01
Why are the Ultramarine terminators chest plate symbols white unlike the rest of the chapter which is gold

Leftenant Gashrog
15-06-2009, 15:06
Terminator is the armour that time forgot, originally all Ultramarines had white chest eagles, then when GW changed it they forgot to do it with Terminators.

htj
15-06-2009, 15:12
Or, because they're unlike the rest of the Chapter, in that they're Terminators.

Leftenant Gashrog
15-06-2009, 15:17
I lean more towards not paying attention/refusal to change mistakes - like why the 10th company has no colour even though the original scouts had a shoulderpad trim. (reason: GW made markings for the heresy era Astartes 9-company system, then at the last minute changed the article to be post heresy)

Atomic Rooster
15-06-2009, 15:18
to honour the Deathwing :P

Dr. Hellbeast
15-06-2009, 15:19
Isn't white heavily associated with the 1st company of a codex chapter?

htj
15-06-2009, 15:21
to honour the Deathwing :P

According to the new Space Marine codex, the Deathwing wear white to honour the Ultramarines Terminator chestplates.

Necrothrall
15-06-2009, 15:21
I thought it was because they were from the first company

TheDarkDuke
15-06-2009, 15:23
I always thought it was the whole Veteran aka 1st Company having White as markings. It also makes more sense then some of the theories above...

Petay1985
15-06-2009, 15:30
I would imagine its simply white is associated with the first company and really there is freedom to paint things how ever you so wish, lol.

I personally embelish my veterans with more white details than the rest of the chapter.

the_picto
15-06-2009, 15:34
According to the new Space Marine codex, the Deathwing wear white to honour the Ultramarines Terminator chestplates.

I thought it was to honour Calgar's hair.

htj
15-06-2009, 15:43
I thought it was to honour Calgar's hair.

Or his dazzling smile?

Oh dear, Reductio Ad Calgarum.

Dr. Hellbeast
15-06-2009, 15:51
I heard all Avatars now have a fist tattooed on their chins to honour Calgar.

Amareo Davion
15-06-2009, 16:55

No they didn't. What page is that?
Heres the real answer.
http://http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Deathwing

About the terminators its because they are from the first company and it goes with the white helmet and crux terminatus

Urath
15-06-2009, 17:00
Amareo Davion, htj was joking! :p
Seeing as your new here, you may not have known that there is (understandably) a lot of annoyance at Matt Ward's fluff in the "Ultramarines" Codex, so jokes are made about it to ease the pain somewhat.

htj
15-06-2009, 17:01
No they didn't. What page is that?
Heres the real answer.
http://http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Deathwing

About the terminators its because they are from the first company and it goes with the white helmet and crux terminatus

Much as I'd like to make up a page reference to mislead you I feel compelled to let you know that it was a joke. ;)

Amareo Davion
15-06-2009, 17:07
*Hangs head in shame*

Archangel_Ruined
15-06-2009, 19:38
It could be that white is the first company colour, it could be that GW aren't perfect when it comes to keeping colour schemes (seriously, how many times have they changed the shades of the 1st founding chapters?). My guess, a little from column A, a little from column B

badguyshaveallthefun
15-06-2009, 21:32
I always thought it was because it made them stand out more and easier to hit with my combi-plasmas...

Murrithius
15-06-2009, 23:03
Never liked the white chest eagles and crux terminatus, always preferred the gold/bone approach:

http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa181/MuzzaTroll/Term-1.jpg

LonelyPath
16-06-2009, 00:00

According to DA fluff it's to honour their own fallen.

htj
16-06-2009, 13:17
According to DA fluff it's to honour their own fallen.

Hmm, I'm beginning to think that joke was too dry.

Hellebore
16-06-2009, 13:24

I started to laugh but all I got was a dry weaze, that joke had absorbed all the moisture from my lungs!

I think it's kinda funny that white is the veteran colour amongst codex chapters:

Calgar: 'Ah Creed. I see you've allowed your veterans the speartip for the assault. An honourable thing to do.'
Creed: 'The whiteshields? But they're expen.....experienced. Yes. That's right. Nothing but the best for my boys.'

Hellebore

htj
16-06-2009, 13:30
Calgar: 'Ah Creed. I see you've allowed your veterans the speartip for the assault. An honourable thing to do.'
Creed: 'The whiteshields? But they're expen.....experienced. Yes. That's right. Nothing but the best for my boys.'

Ah, these two would make an excellent sit-com.

Cpt_Baughan
16-06-2009, 13:43
Ah, these two would make an excellent sit-com.

I'd watch that with Abbadon as the annoying neighbor who keeps coming over uninvited :)

This thread has kept me entertained over my lunch break and I thank you for it!

But to answer the question itís just because white is associated with vet status, who ever painted them at g/w did it that way for no significant reason but paint them as you like

Dr. Hellbeast
16-06-2009, 13:56
I'd watch that with Abbadon as the annoying neighbor who keeps coming over uninvited :)

Yeah, Abbadon can keep peering over Creed's gate like Wilson in Home Improvement.

Tarquinn
16-06-2009, 16:37

Nah, it was good. Even though I am really tired of all the Codex Ultramarines dissing, your line made me laugh.

Dictator
16-06-2009, 19:56
I think it's kinda funny that white is the veteran colour amongst codex chapters:

Hellebore

Hellebore you crack me up.

Voss
16-06-2009, 20:27
It could be that white is the first company colour, it could be that GW aren't perfect when it comes to keeping colour schemes (seriously, how many times have they changed the shades of the 1st founding chapters?)
B

Shades. Yeah. Are we bringing up the dark angels again?

Archangel_Ruined
16-06-2009, 20:48
Absolutely not. Let sleeping dogs lie...