PDA

View Full Version : 3k High Elves

Nuada
15-06-2009, 23:04
ok, i've upgraded my high elves from a 2k to a 3k list. I'm never too concerned about winning, but i'd like it to be at least competitive.

I've avoided any dragons on purpose, i don't want a dragon. The idea with the magic is an IF drain magic to make his spells 3 more difficult to cast. I want to have a fairly decent missile phase (5 RBTs and 20 archers). One of my opponents will probably be vampires, i've taken the lion standard and dragon horn for any fear tests. I put Teclis with the spears because i didn't want too many points overloading the PG unit.

I'm wondering whether or not to drop one unit of dragon princes (150) and take another lion chariot (140) and 10 points somewhere else.

What do you think?

Teclis
Mage (lvl2)
Noble, BSB, Great Weapon, Armour Caledor, Dragon Horn
Noble, Reaver Bow

10 Archers
10 Archers ................. (reaver bow Noble here)
20 Spearmen, std, mus, Lion Banner (7 wide) ........(Teclis here)

18 Phoenix Guard, std, Banner of Sorcery, ....... (lvl2 mage and BSB here)
7 Swordmasters
7 Swordmasters
5 Dragon Princes
5 Dragon Princes
5 Dragon Princes
1 Lion Chariot

5 Repeating Bolt Throwers
1 Great Eagle

models= 98
deploy= 13
power= 10 to 14
dispel= 6 to 8

Nuada
16-06-2009, 22:20
Odd as this sound i disagree with my first post. I don't like those spearmen, they won't do anything. I'm changing them to archers, and dropping one dragon prince unit for another special choice that can fill a similar role.
I've put in a bit more firepower in the magic phase, and gave the reaver bow noble a 1+ armour save.

This is my new list;

Teclis
Mage (lvl2), Ring of Fury
Noble, BSB, Great Weapon, Armour Caledor, Dragon Horn
Noble, Reaver Bow, enchant sh, barded steed, hvy arm, spear

10 Archers
10 Archers
10 Archers

18 Phoenix Guard, std, Banner of Sorcery, ....... (lvl2 mage and BSB here)
10 White Lions, std, Lion Standard ..... (reaver bow Noble here)
7 Swordmasters
7 Swordmasters
5 Dragon Princes
5 Dragon Princes
1 Lion Chariot

5 Repeating Bolt Throwers
1 Great Eagle

points= 2999

Not sure where to put Teclis.

I had 3 points left, that's why the reaver bow noble has a spear

The idea with the White Lions is to have 5 of them either side of the noble on horse, so it doesn't look funny. (they'll only be 2 deep) I can model a base especially for them.