PDA

View Full Version : 3000 points 'Ard Boyz

Dooks Dizzo
16-06-2009, 05:02
So the Fantasy 'Ard Boyz is coming up in September and it's time to start brain storming. I am thinking about running with my Lizards as they have some of the best options against Daemons.

Right now, I am thinking of going super heavy magic/anti magic. Here's what I've got going:

=Lord=
Slaan Mage Priest
General/BSB
Knows every spell from one Lore
One enemy Wizard discards 6's
One 'free' power dice to each spell
MR3

Slaan Mage Priest
Knows every spell from one Lore
One enemy Wizard discards 6's
One 'free' power dice to each spell
MR3

=Heroes=
Skink Priest
Engine of the Gods
Dispel Scroll

Skink Priest
Engine of the Gods
Dispel Scroll

Skink Priest
Engine of the Gods
Dispel Scroll

=Core=
Skink Skirmishers x 12
Skink Skirmishers x 12
Skink Skirmishers x 12
Skink Skirmishers x 12

=Special=
Temple Guard x 10
Temple Guard x 10

Power Dice: 19
Dispel Dice: 12

That hits in at 2800 points, leaving me 200 to play around with. Any thoughts? Magic items and such?

Da GoBBo
16-06-2009, 10:06
Where is your army? :D

I'v never played against something so magic heavy and none of my armies would stand a chance I think. Herohammer to the max. I do think any fast and hitty army would sweep the floor with you, but it's been ages since I played lizardman so I don't know.

Taekada
16-06-2009, 12:41
Any Army with Fast Screeners will ruin this.

Swap Temple Guard for Saurus and bulk the units out.

My immediate thought is a WOC list, with Hounds in front, then Maurader horseman, then Chaos Knights.

You will kill the first two waves, but they knights will reach and kill the Slaan. Then game over.

Steagadons could also pose a problem as they can be charged by the Chaos Knights .. who will kill the priest and Steggadon.. and not get magiked in return.

Flyers as well.. A Dragon will be able to take out the Steggies and use them as a jumping ground to get near your Slaan.

Need more Bodies to act as sheilds' Charge redirecters.

My Immediate thought is Terradons, which can counter some of the faster elements and war machines that may cause you trouble.

And bulk out temple guard to at least 15 a peice if you can.

Cobbicus
16-06-2009, 13:42
Make the skirmishers into rank and file skinks, they are good screeners, then buy two units of 4 terradons, or perhaps salamanders or razordons to secure some flanks.

Also, ten temple guard is simply not enough to hold up against things. I find that 16 is a good number because it goes to 20 once the slaan goes in their.

Dooks Dizzo
16-06-2009, 15:32
I am thinking to run both the Slaan's with Lore of Beasts, which will shut down enemy cavalry pretty well. Fast screeners will get eaten alive by Burning Alignments off the Engines I think. Units of Hounds and Mauraders and even knights will find themselves seriously reduced.

Lore of Beasts has got to be one of the most useful Lores in all the books for me. Beast Cowers will stop Dragons and such from ruining my day (though they don't like the 3D6 S4 hits no armor either). The Wolf Hunts gets the Stegadons into combat FAST.

Dooks Dizzo
16-06-2009, 22:05
Hmmm, would 6 Engines we tougher?

ivrg
17-06-2009, 00:41
ohh that army looks really fun to meet...

Dooks Dizzo
17-06-2009, 16:09
With 6 engines I could demolish most enemies with the burning alignment alone.

jax40kplyr1
17-06-2009, 21:04
And also remember you have to get your engines into range, not march blocked, not shot by catapults, cannons, boltthrowers, etc. etc. Also the priests can be pretty squishy . . . it's a good concept, but I still think they'll be more dominating lists.