PDA

View Full Version : 1000 pt Druchii

mazin1
16-06-2009, 06:43
Hey all. Im very new to the game and have a game coming up against High Elves.

I guess im looking for a little list help. Ive tried the standard blocks of spearmen but im not convinced so anyway I wanted to change it up and just wanted some advice.

Here is what i was planning on using.

Sorceress (General)lev 2 with a Darkstar Cloak on a Dark steed attatched to a 5 man Dark Rider unit with rxbs.
Sorceress lev 2 on a Dark steed attatched to a 5 man Dark Rider unit with rxbs.
5 Harpies
15 Blackguard
2 Reaper Bolt Throwers

So again, any help would be appriciated.

The SkaerKrow
22-06-2009, 14:02
Not a very friendly army. It should be effective at winning games, but it's not likely that the games will be entirely interesting, as you can simply shoot your opponent's army to pieces while march-blocking with your Harpies and screening your Bolt Throwers with the Black Guard. You've also created a bit of liability for yourself by putting your Sorceresses in such fragile units. Remember, your opponent only needs to inflict two casualties on your Dark Rider units in order to force them to take a panic test (for 25% unit lost by magic or shooting), which can potentially cause them to flee right off of the table, taking a Sorceress with them.

Honestly, if you're new to the game I would suggest picking up another unit of infantry. Learning how to maneuver and support your blocks of troops will make you a better player overall and teach you tactics that are important to a wide variety of armies. To this end I would actually lose the extra Sorceress, three Black Guard and one Bolt Thrower in favor of a unit of 20 Dark Elf Warriors with Full Command and an Assassin. The Warriors provide you with a solid, cheap unit of infantry while the Assassin will give you a chance to inflict damage against the High Elves in close combat, matching their Always Strike First rule and trumping them with a whopping Initiative of 10.