PDA

View Full Version : Nagash/Chaos Dwarfs

Reabe
07-05-2005, 17:33
Some stuff I heard from a guy who works at Mail Order.

Nasgash has had a model remade, is being painted at this moment but rules/supplement won't be released till something like next year.

Chaos Dwarfs ARE the next army to be made. He also said something about those Half-bull, half Chaos Dwarf models, I can't remember what but I'm sure it was that they are still going to be in the next army list.

Make of this what you will.

Rabid Bunny 666
07-05-2005, 17:37
dont think so, CDs have been denied loads of times and nagash, wasn't he on the last portent, well, rumors of him anyways

tzeentchgiant
07-05-2005, 17:45
Are you sure this guy wasn't taking you for a ride, I mean CD, whilst we all want them, have not recieved any attention over the last four-five years, so for GW to have started work on them without something being leaked would be incredibly unlikely.

Ofcourse I may have to eat my hat again.

TG

KDP Morgoth
07-05-2005, 19:30

Nasgash has had a model remade, is being painted at this moment but rules/supplement won't be released till something like next year.

Chaos Dwarfs ARE the next army to be made. He also said something about those Half-bull, half Chaos Dwarf models, I can't remember what but I'm sure it was that they are still going to be in the next army list.

There were a number of rumors on old Portent about Nagash getting a new model and new rules for him being worked on. During the Storm of Chaos there was a lot of hope/talk about Nagash resurfacing when Settra rode up to Nagashizzar and issued a challenge, but that was unfortunately met with silence. I think last we heard on the subject of Nagash from Brother Frog was that it was an idea that had been placed on the back burner. Don't quote me on that last part though.

As for the Chaos Dwarfs, GW has said that before they redo the Chaos Dwarfs as an army they really want to take time to redevelop them, kind of like what they did with Wood Elves. About the only solid thing GW has said about how the Chaos Dwarfs will be in the future is that the big hats are going away and that they wanted to do away with the large number of Green Skin units in the army.

Personally, I would take anything a Mail Order Troll said about future army releases with a couple of cups of salt. These guys are pretty far down the foodchain from the Development Team and its highly unlikely they would know something that hasn't been said at a Gamesday or any other such reliable source of "rumors".

Brimstone
07-05-2005, 20:15
I did hear some rumours not from Portent that 2006 would feature the rise of Nagash.

Rabid Bunny 666
07-05-2005, 20:17
but 40k needs a campaign, this would mean that fantasy have 3 in a row...

Reabe
07-05-2005, 20:28
Well, I didn't say anything about the time in which Chaos Dwarfs would take to be remade, only that I've been told they will.

75hastings69
07-05-2005, 20:48
Ofcourse I may have to eat my hat again.TG

I myself went through three hats last year, and don't intend to eat any for a while.

However, I had heard from another source at GW HQ that Nagash was to feature in an upcoming campaign in 2006/07, but i think it is very unlikely that he has a new model already (what's wrong with the old one anyway ;) ).

CDs, not for ages yet, well after next ed WH, I beleive that we will most likely see rewritten army books, reworked plastics for all major races in WH world prior to CD getting done. But I am that unsure of this that i am not willing to bet a hat on it!!!! I sent some ideas for CD to GW some months back, they were polite and thankful enough to not even acknowledge my letter :mad: i hope some of my ideas make it into the new list!!

Reabe
07-05-2005, 21:00

Haven't the studio ran out of ideas for a 40k campaign? Weren't there thinking of something big to bring it into the 42nd millennium?

polymphus
07-05-2005, 21:05
Haven't the studio ran out of ideas for a 40k campaign? Weren't there thinking of something big to bring it into the 42nd millennium?

That would be the Eye of Terror campaign in 2003, if you've read the TK army book it mentions that Arkhan the Black has returned and Nagash will soon follow...

The Judge
07-05-2005, 21:52
They won't go with a bang into the M42 - think of the repackaging costs! Somehow having a game of Warhammer 41,000 doesn't sound as good.

An as Brimstone said, I have heard rumours of future Nagash campaign. Maybe this is somehting GW really doesn't want to leak? They did well hiding the Wood Elves and Tyranids until they were ready...

Brimstone
07-05-2005, 22:03
Well I didn't say anything about a campaign just that 2006 would feature the rise of Nagash.

There is nothing written down to say it must alternate with 40K or that they would be global type things if they did do one.

Rabid Bunny 666
07-05-2005, 22:48
but not many people play fantasy bar some vets in my store, the core at my store is 40Kers and the storm of chaos at my store was more of a zephyr...

all the campaigns i have seen have alternated

armageddon
albion
EOT
SOC

but it looks like the new world this year and then rise of nagash, they cant not do a big campaign to re-release nagash

and the old nagash model looked too =I= scale trick-or-treatish for my tastes

Brandir
07-05-2005, 23:27
Nagash will make a return.

I suspect it will be in 2007, after WHFB is re-launched in 2006.

You heard it here first!!!

Rabid Bunny 666
08-05-2005, 00:35
if he doesn't, i'm getting the lynch mob :eek:

the old model was apparently toned down because the first piccy of him was hellascary

LIES I TELLS YA!

he should be hellascary
gets rid of the n00bs ;)

Sepheroph
08-05-2005, 00:35
For those worried 40k players, next year is a 40k campaign, and from what I have heard, it is going to be VERY cool.

Nagash coming back is rather scary...that old model was ridiculously horrid, with any luck the new model either won't be a giant skeleton, or will look almost passable as something that isn't one of my little brother's action figures.

Rabid Bunny 666
08-05-2005, 00:48
so in other words, not a giant skeletor :D

speak of 40K, its not that necron campaign, is it?

Brandir
08-05-2005, 08:58
I too was under the impression that the 2006 campaign will be Necron based.

tzeentchgiant
08-05-2005, 13:19
@Brandir

I wouldn't put my money on Fantasy being rereleased in 2006, there has been nothing about this, not on any of the usually very precise rumour forums that I frequent. But saying that I don't think it's too far off, we need to know if CD are coming out before anybody can put a fair estimate on how long 7th Edition is away from going to print.

TG

Delicious Soy
08-05-2005, 13:58
I too was under the impression that the 2006 campaign will be Necron based.If it is I doubt it will be the much vaunted Void Dragon one. It been said multiple times that GW is stepping away from trying to move stuff forward so dramatically, the only campaign to get a descisive victory was SoC and even then they cocked the ending fluff wise.

Campaigns out of alteration have precedent afterall, what was between SoC and Lustria? WFB to me involves more story behind the scenes (in terms of a battle) than 40k, mainly due to 40k being objective based and fighting the modern form of war, so campaign books are far more likely for WFB than 40k anyway.

Chaos Dwarfs are most likely an idea, but one that is waaaaaaaaaaay off given the studios worrying trend of throwing all the interesting stuff in the 'too hard' basket. You'll have to wait for them to throw out a bunch of average ideas before we hit the brilliant stuff.

Nagash, well I'm not one for special characters but an amalgamated TK/VC list would interest me.

Slyracoon
08-05-2005, 16:12
I really hope they do re-release Nagash, because above all else he had style. He was one of those really well done special characters, with great background and a really developed character. You just don't get that with the 6th edition ones.

The last I heard was that Chaos Dwarves are going to be released alongside 7th Edition, in 2007. As we've all heard, 7th is just going to be some minor tweaking to the game system and all the armybooks will still be workable, as Fantasy is at a pretty good stage as far as game balance goes.

Rabid Bunny 666
08-05-2005, 16:19
unlike 30k where the new edition completely screwed over some armies

and the woodsies may have been created with 7th edition in mind

imthedci
08-05-2005, 20:49
Last thing that I remember hearing on Portent, awhile ago from BF was that it was decided that Nagash was WAY too powerful a character to be released as a model with stats and everything (I believe it was compared to releasing a model and rules for Sigmar or the like). So the decision was that they weren't going to have a Nagash model or rules ever again....

boogle
08-05-2005, 20:53

they are getting Ichar IV this summer

sulla
09-05-2005, 07:06

I'd rather have new armylists than a global campaign. Or another battlefields book like cityfight. If they do make another 40k campaign, I think a historical one would be the way to go. There's 10000 years of history to examine without changing the game to warhammer 41K

ArkhathBeltaine
09-05-2005, 07:13
A new CD army would be nice to see, but I won't hold my breath

Hellebore
09-05-2005, 07:22
Last thing that I remember hearing on Portent, awhile ago from BF was that it was decided that Nagash was WAY too powerful a character to be released as a model with stats and everything (I believe it was compared to releasing a model and rules for Sigmar or the like). So the decision was that they weren't going to have a Nagash model or rules ever again....

That is such a weak excuse. Yeah, Nagash was waaay too powerful, just like that historical character Archaon, the Lord of the End Times who is the AVATAR of chaos undivided, or the 1st generation Slann Venerable Lord Kroak, I am SOO glad they didn't write rules and make models for them, because it would be really unbalancing.

Yeah right, Nagash is the greatest necromancer ever, but there are plenty of other characters that are just as good, if not better than him (its not like fat blated flating frogs managed to shift MOUNTAIN ranges or anything, or moved an entire PLANET to make it warmer.

Having models that can do that would be unbalancing so I am glad that they didn't release them.

hellebore

Forgotmytea
09-05-2005, 07:52

*dies of happiness*

I really hope they do re-release them - I love my CD's, and my Undead need to be lead by the Master Necromancer again... :evilgrin:

athamas
09-05-2005, 08:29
i heard from an independant retailer that CD were being remade...

mentioned it before portent died...

StarFyre
09-05-2005, 12:14
hehe

I want GW to make rules/model for a living Lord Kroak at the height of his power (when he killed millions of demons in the demon war with months of psychotic spells)....

hehe

I'd say...1000 lord choices for an army? =)

"yes ok, it's my magic phase....I cast "you might as well give up now" "

Nagash would be good if the model is nice....the undead clown was pretty brutal. I hope unlike the nerfed undead kroak (nerfed so that he is playable instead of a god essentially though), Nagash takes up 2 Lord Choices like Settra and is quite useful. I imagine he would be usable at 3k for sure.

=)

Sanjay

Delicious Soy
09-05-2005, 12:25
A heavily weakened (fluff and ruleswise) would intrigue me, but as I said before I'd be more interested in an amalgamated Undead army.

MadNinjaSkilz
09-05-2005, 14:08
Could we then see the Lichemaster and Krell return soon as well?

Moi
09-05-2005, 15:35
I think they are still playable with the old minis. As I recall, you can find the rules for them on the GW VC page. Unless you were talking about the minis themselves? Any redone miniature would be a good thing, I think! Gives more visual variety to armies.