PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen Hauchi banner question

skitzoid
16-06-2009, 18:37
If I have a unit equipped with the Hauchi banner (+d6 on a charge 1 time use) and I cast something like wolf hunts (or the lore of shadows movement spell) on the unit which allows a movement and potentially a charge (dont have the exact wording in front of me though) can I use the banner on that movement.

Basically order of turn like this:
1. Normal movement of something like 14
2. Cast wolf Hunts and roll a 7 on the 2 dice.
3. Activate the banner and roll a 4.

Could that be used in that manner to allow a first turn cross table charge? Im pretty sure it can with the lord of shadows spell since that allows you to execute a second full movement, maybe I am wrong but I would think it could. Wolf Hunts is a bit more muddled though I think.

So any ideas on whether or even if this would work?

stripsteak
16-06-2009, 19:21
i've never really looked into this but to me it looks like it depends on the spell

steed of shadows:
it allows you to make a charge move so you could use the banner to increase this.

the wolf hunt:
you can only charge with spells if the distance of the spell itself would take you into contact with the enemy. if you look at the wolf hunts 'if the distance is sufficient to reach the enemy...all normal charge rules apply'. and the banner is only allowed to add to a charge move. so to use a charge move from the spell you must be able to reach them anyway.

now what could happen is if you think the enemy might flee you could use the banner and hope to get further movement to catch an enemy you might not have caught otherwise. but you sitll have to have reached them with the initial spell movement.

Necromancy Black
17-06-2009, 00:08
Wolf hunts is only a charge if you reach the enemy, so you cna only use the banner if it brings you into range. If the enemy flees then I would say you still can't use it as it's not a failed charge, you still move the full distance wolf hunt's rolled.

The question I really wanna know is, when do i have to declare I'm using the banner? Before or after the enemy makes a charge reaction?

BEEGfrog
18-06-2009, 16:40
The question I really wanna know is, when do i have to declare I'm using the banner? Before or after the enemy makes a charge reaction?

Before you measure the distance to see if you reach the enemy, i.e. after reactions.