PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Warrior of Chaos, new to fantasy

chinnfrequent
16-06-2009, 21:29
Poking around a bit in the fantasy side of things.

Heroes
Sorcerer Lord, level 4, mark of tzeentch, disk, dispell scroll, golden eye of tzeentch, spell familiar (375)

Scorcerer, mark of tzeentch, bloodskull pendant (150)

Exalted Hero, mark of khorne, shield, juggernaut, axe of khorne (225)

Core
18 Chaos Warriors, shields, command, banner of rage (353)

18 Chaos Warriors, shields, command (318)

25 Marauders, flails, command (145)

5 Marauder horsemen, flails, light armor (80)

5 Warhounds (30)

Special
5 Knights, mark of khorne, standard, musician (260)

5 Knights, standard, musician (230)

Elazar The Glorified
16-06-2009, 22:10
Looks like a fairly strong list but do you not have any marks on any of your core units? As that would make me sceptical. Marauders need to be MOS or MOK so that they don't run from everything and the same is true of your unit of warriors that doesn't have the banner of rage.

ivrg
17-06-2009, 01:40
Looks very stabile to me. The only thing is the marks but if you skip them you will have more troops which wont be all that bad either.

chinnfrequent
17-06-2009, 02:20
I could drop the hounds and the light armor on the horsemen to give the chaos warriors the mark of khorne and the marauders the mark of slaanesh.

kalleha
17-06-2009, 07:59
Favour of the Gods is the perfect compliment to the Axe of Khorne. Rounds off at a nice, even 50 points and makes killing characters even more worthwhile.

Althwen
17-06-2009, 14:07
couple of points that have my preference.

- I never field units of Chaos warriors larger than 12 models. They don't really need static combat resolution in my opinion, with a 2+ AS to the front, I've seen em come out of the most desperate of situations unscathed.

- I'd remove about 5 Marauders, making it an even 20 men in the unit. It's already big and cumbersome enough at this size! Elves can pull this off, but they're on smaller bases.

- I never field sorcerers on foot... but as you gave him an item that requires him being on foot, it's a question of tactical planning, I guess.

- Sorcerers that are not mounted on Discs can only be Nurgle! :P My own rule of thumb.

- Depending on your adversaries ofcourse, I wouldn't leave home without giving my Chaos Knights the mark of Nurgle to protect them from missile fire. Ofcourse I play mostly against DE and HE... and even versus the occasional VC it's fun to see almost everything try to hit them at 5's.
Khorne is the only other viable option and don't forget that even the horses get an extra attack for being frenzy!

- And the Exalted of Khorne can just as easily be equipped with a flail imho. It's nice to have a strength 7 attack in your army without having to rely on magic for that.

Caboose123
17-06-2009, 15:40
Agreed that the Chaos Warriors could go down to 12, or 14 at most to account for missile fire on the way in.
25 marauders is fine, it allows for 5x5 or 6x4 depending on who your playing, and guarantees the 3 ranks maybe even into the second round of combat.
Maybe the Conjoined Homunculus on the second mage, its always useful... And perhaps the Exalted Hero should be a BSB.
And I would try and smuggle another unit of hounds in, but i love those guys, otherwise I'd say this list is fine.

chinnfrequent
17-06-2009, 18:40
Thanks for the input. Second try.

Heroes
Sorcerer Lord, level 4, mark of tzeentch, disk, 2 dispell scrolls, golden eye of tzeentch, spell familiar (400)

Exalted Hero, mark of khorne, shield, juggernaut, axe of khorne (225)

Exalted Hero, chaos runesword, shield (165)

Core
12 Chaos Warriors, shields, command, banner of rage (227)

12 Chaos Warriors, shields, command, mark of khorne (222)

25 Marauders, flails, command, mark of slaanesh (155)

5 Warhounds (30)

5 Warhounds (30)

Special
5 Knights, mark of khorne, standard, musician (260)

5 Knights, standard, musician (230)

Chaos chariot, mark of khorne (150)

Brando
18-06-2009, 05:12
As has been stated, you NEED to mark the horsemen with slaanesh. I would put that on them before even considering marking other units. As well, I'd give them musicians as then they work well as baiters which is something you'll need since al ot of your stuff has frenzy on it and will be played with endlessly by the enemies units if you can't get them to go where you want them to.