PDA

View Full Version : Tzeentch/Nurgle Daemons - the Two Hands of Fate

PinkFellSquig
16-06-2009, 21:57
I'm currently almost done collecting a bunch of models for a themed army of Daemons of Chaos. I'd like it to be an overall theme of deceit, inevitable death, and the passage of time. Regionally, it probably be centered near Vulture Mountain, or thereabouts. Fluff-wise, it will be a horde of mostly Tzeentchian and Nurglish daemons, summoned indirectly by the magical incursions of Orc/Goblin shamans, Skaven Greyseers, and Arabyan sheiks alike, drawn to their nearly endless conflict to pick the bones off the dead, so to say.

I have quite a lot to pick from, and I'd like some hints with tactics and possible army lists, and possibly some links to other people's lists from which I could draw inspiration effectively (and yes, I've LURKED and seen plenty of Nurgle/Tzeentch lists, I'd just like some advice on which might be best for my requirements.

Models on hand...

Herald of Tzeentch
Disc of Tzeentch
Flames of Tzeentch, Spell Breaker?

Herald of Nurgle
Level 1 Wizard, Palanquin
Noxious Vapours, Slime Trail?
Standard of Chaos Glory?

20 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
Musician, The Changeling/Irridescent Horror?, Standard Bearer
Icon of Sorcery?

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
Musician, Irridescent Horror, Standard Bearer
Icon of Sorcery?

20 Plaguebearers
Musician, Plagueridden, Standard Bearer
Icon of Eternal Virulence?

6 Furies

6 Furies

5 Flesh Hounds

5 Flesh Hounds
Karanak

6 Screamers of Tzeentch

3 Screamers of Tzeentch

4 Nurglings

6 Flamers
Pyrocaster

6 Flamers
Pyrocaster

2 Beasts of Nurgle

PinkFellSquig
17-06-2009, 05:31
Has anyone played a list with similar composition? Any regrets? Successes? Recommended compositions/combinations?

~J~

Paz
17-06-2009, 07:10
HoT on Disk is as soft as little duck :) you dont rly need flames of tzeentch, you may go winged horror instead. You wasted to many points on HoN. It's not a problem if you are not afraid of the mortals :). Drop commnd at 10 horrors, they are here only to generate DD, not to give your opp a standard. Ayy! 6 screemers is way to much, to be more specific even 3 is to much :) but go 2x3. Karanak is not worth his points. Nurglings seem ok but i've never used them.
BTW I see strange slot limit... 2hero 3core 5special 3 rare? is this a scenario or sth?

kais_fateweaver
17-06-2009, 13:16
I have similar tzeentch/nurgle list although i splurge on a great unclean one.

Initial advice tactically is switch Icon of eternal virilunce for standard of seeping decay. You dont get enough poisened kills without epidemus for virilence to help much and rerolling failed wounds is always usefull.

if you can get your 20 horrors up to 26 the bolt of change is worth the extra
72 points.
Changeling is hit (killed a hydra) or miss (died to savage orc champion whilst impersonating a warboss) take him at your own risk.

PinkFellSquig
17-06-2009, 13:40
Thanks so far - great advice!
~J~

PinkFellSquig
17-06-2009, 18:58
Does anyone actually use Ku'gath or Kairos? I want to have them for fun games, but I'd like to know if they're particularly effective.

Paz
17-06-2009, 20:56
Kairos is ok, very agresive, miscast proof and, artilery dont wound him easly.

dal9ll
17-06-2009, 21:53
My thoughts:

-use Winged Horror and Power Vortex/Master of Sorcery on the HoT. Lose the disc.
-The Banner of Chaos Glory is underwhelming IMO. Go for a more effective one like Banner of Despair or even the Hellfire one.
-I like the HoN build (other than the choice of standard). That’s exactly how I run him.
-split the 20-man Horror unit up into two 10-man units
-drop the commands on the Horror units but keep the Icons of Sorcery
-make the two Screamer units 4 and 5 instead of 6 and 3

Everything else looks okay!

PinkFellSquig
18-06-2009, 00:17
Paz & dal9ll, thank you both, very helpful responses!
~J~