PDA

View Full Version : Evil Sunz Speed Freekz.

Getifa Ubazza
17-06-2009, 15:14
Orc Warboss with light armour, shield and Boar 150pts

10 Goblin Wolf Riders with full command 150pts

Orc Boar Chariot 80pts

Orc Boar Chariot 80pts

Orc Boar Chariot 80pts

Orc Boar Chariot 80pts

Giant 205pts

Giant 205pts

This all comes to 1330pts, so I've got 670pts to spend in order to get it to 2000pts. I know its kinda boring as it is, But hope that will change with the addition of the 670pts. I could just get another 4 units of Wolf Riders and spend the last 70pts on my Warboss, But thought that would be boring. What do you guys think? Spider Riders might be cool.

rtunian
17-06-2009, 15:29
some thoughts...

- your fast cav is poorly arranged. should be groups of 5-6 with only musician. blocks of 10 with full command is both wasted points and free standard vp for enemy

- why do you only have 1 character? this is a big mistake. to fit with your chariot theme, i would add 3 more characters, and i would put them all four of them on chariots. if you want some magic resistance while fitting the chariot theme, use a pair of goblin shamen on chariots, one with dispel scrolls and the other with the staff of sneaky stealing

Getifa Ubazza
17-06-2009, 16:45
some thoughts...

- your fast cav is poorly arranged. should be groups of 5-6 with only musician. blocks of 10 with full command is both wasted points and free standard vp for enemy

- why do you only have 1 character? this is a big mistake. to fit with your chariot theme, i would add 3 more characters, and i would put them all four of them on chariots. if you want some magic resistance while fitting the chariot theme, use a pair of goblin shamen on chariots, one with dispel scrolls and the other with the staff of sneaky stealingThis is exactly what I was asking for. The list above is just the bare bones list and needs alot to make it upto the 2k I want. A few more Characters would be a fantastic idea.

Gaargod
17-06-2009, 17:08
Splitting wolf riders is definitely the right way to go. Give some of them bows and musicians, to be march blockers and bait, while some get spears, shields, light armour and maybe even full command, to try and flank units or combine charge with chariots. Some of the march blockers could be swapped with spider riders, for their ability to go through terrain.

3 gobbo wizards is a definite possiblity, especially in chariots. With their crazy Mv9, they can actually take out enemy flankers, and US5 can seriously help with a flank charge. Gear should be something along lines of Staff of Sneaky Stealing, 2 scrolls, Staff of Sorcery and Nibbla's Itty ring. Gives them effectively 6 DD, with -1PD from them, and +1 dispel.
You could of course, drop one wizard and take a black orc BSB with Mork's Totem, then put him in a nice big unit of orcs/goblins. But that hardly fits the theme.

I'd also put the general onto a chariot, with some better gear (probably a Black Orc with Warboss Um's hat, Shaga's Screaming sword, shield, heavy armour, for some good survivability and hittyness. Maybe add enchanted shield or Guzzla's brew if you're feeling adventurous. Don't be afraid to spend on this guy, he's one of your best hitters).

The alternative to the warboss above is to mount him on a Wyvern, for all out offense. Similar gear works.

If you're beginning to get a big tight on points, think about swapping Giant for 2 pump wagons. Not only does it add more chariots, which is always nice, but they're significantly cheaper :)

Brando
18-06-2009, 05:08
I would also heartily recommend taking an orc shaman on a boar chariot with waaagh! paint and a power stone. It's just too much fun to bang out a gork's warpath with +2 to casting or a waaagh! with up to 5 dice.

rtunian
18-06-2009, 14:55
hero orc shams cannot ride chariots. only lord level orc great shams can

Getifa Ubazza
18-06-2009, 15:01
hero orc shams cannot ride chariots. only lord level orc great shams canOh now that is a shame. I just had the image of that in my head and it looked fantastic. Oh well. I could always stick him on a Boar instead.

rtunian
18-06-2009, 19:43
since you don't have any infantry blocks, i think that's a bad idea. if you are serious about casting waaagh! you're going to need more than 1 lv 2 shaman to do it at 2k, especially since most people bring 3+ dd and dispel scroll(s).

you could take a lv 4 great sham or savage great sham and put him on a chariot, but you'd probably still need another shaman and also nibbla's itty ring to outlast dispelling attempts. for this you could get a lv 2 goblin sham on a chariot. then your other two could be orc, savage, or black orc big bosses also on chariots.

doing this costs you the 1 ld on your gen, which can be a big deal, but in return you are getting a decent magic phase (8pd + stones), which could be potentially devastating (either way), in conjunction with your swarm of chariots... could see you getting turn 1 charges.

btw if you did this, don't make the great sham your general. his ld 8 is the same as big boss ld 8, but the big bosses don't have a chance to blow up. also they are harder to break and/or kill