PDA

View Full Version : Slaanesh Daemons 1500 points

yorch
17-06-2009, 16:09
Hi there!

I have a tournament in a month and I would like to play with a slaanesh themed army. The purpose of the list is that, slaanesh only. I don't really care if the list is not broken, and well, playing with deamons whichever list I could do won't be that bad (or that is what you say in this forum :p)

Slaanesh herald [90].........................190
-General
-Magic lvl 1 [50]
-Many armed monstrosity [50]

Slaanesh herald [90].........................290
-Battle standard bearer [25]
-Banner of unholy victory [50]
-Slaanesh mount [25]
-Many armed monstrosity [50]
-Magic lvl 1 [50]

14 Daemonettes [168]............198
-Full command [30]

10 Daemonettes

5 Furies

5 Furies

5 Seekers [120]............175
-Full command [30]
-Siren standard [25]

6 Seekers [144]............187
Standard, Musician [18]
Siren standard [25]

4 Slaanesh Fiends.....220

TOTAL: 1500 points

The battle standard would join the 5 seeker unit, and the other herald (the general) would be with the 14 daemonette unit (5x3 formation).

I know the unit seekers+battle standard is too expensive and fragile, but has proven to be broken using it in one of the enemy's flanks (fast, manouverability, offensive power and good static modifiers).

I find the list weak agains heavy armored foes (WoC or Dwarfs), but at this game point (no keeper), playing slaanesh, there is nothing I can do... I don't find the ether blade worth it's point cost...

Another option would be to give the general the siren song, I don't know...

Any thoughts?

Jind_Singh
17-06-2009, 17:51
It's fine - except that I'd probably drop a fiend and bulk up the 10 strong unit of deamonettes - well actually now that I think about it i'd actually increase the main unit.
Why? because that way you can take few hits and still have the mighty 2 ranks!
you could also field them 6 wide to squeeze in the extra 2 attacks, making a fighting front rank of 15 attacks! (8 normal, 3 champ, 4 herald).
Since your such a fast moving army anyway I'd even think about dropping 5 furies, give 1 to the other unit so it's 6 strong, and the other 4 can be converted to MORE deamonettes! Then you might even be able to afford a command for the 10 strong unit!

dal9ll
17-06-2009, 21:41
the only thing I have to say is that a Slaaneshi Daemon army with no Siren Songs is no Slaaneshi Daemon army at all!

Paz
17-06-2009, 23:32
yep, go siren + t.blade. for now your army is too weak to fight agains fast/shooting army.

yorch
18-06-2009, 14:23
Thak you for your feedback :)

I know that siren song is very good and all, but, żdon't you think the army would have a lack of puch then?

I mean, every slaanesh unit has a bucketload of high WS attacks, but they are all S3 or 4.

A unit of seekers + herald is great for chasing out small or shooting units. Siren song + siren standard + ASF + 10" movement makes them the ultimate unit in this, but they lose some of the punch to hit heavy armoured units. They are so weak every extra attack counts, as the objective is to make a flank charge and left no enemy alive to attack them (usually 3 kills make the deal).

Thats why I'm not so confident about dropping out a slaanesh fiend...

I must test variations of the list though (this list has been tested a couple of times with more or less good result 1/0/1 )

Anyway, I've thought of a bit of a rather extreme list, but totally slaneeshi:

Slaanesh herald.........................170
-General
-Magic lvl 1
-Siren song
-Tormenter blade (I hope I've spelled it right, because I have the spanish armybook, it's the 5 point sword)

Slaanesh herald.........................170
-Battle standard bearer
-Slaanesh mount
-Siren song
-Tormenter blade

Slaanesh herald.........................195
-Magic lvl 1
-Slaanesh mount
-Siren song
-Tormenter blade

14 Daemonettes.............198
-Full command

10 Daemonettes.............132
-Champion

5 Furies........................120

5 Furies........................120

5 Seekers......................175
-Full command
-Siren standard

5 Seekers......................175
-Full command
-Siren standard

3 Slaanesh Fiends.........165

TOTAL: 1500 points

4PD 4DD

What do you think of it? Maybe I'm pushing it with 3 siren songs?
I tried to balance the loss of a fiend and the many armed monstrosity daemonic gifts with the inclusion of a third herald. I like the list, but I find it rather small and with some extreme gameplay (especially frustrating for the enemy). Any ideas? Would it be better if I dropped a herald to get some more daemonettes?

Thanks in advance

Paz
18-06-2009, 20:20
Yes, droping Herald has some advantage. You may try common slannesh combo.
HoS: great icon of despair, siren song, lvl1 mage @ 265. It's expensive, and you gonna cry if u lose him in a stupid way but I think its worth the risk. for the rest of you ponits upgrade ur core and hide him there.

Drop 1 unit of furies if you want more points, if dont leave it as it is.