PDA

View Full Version : Six Engines!!!

Dooks Dizzo
17-06-2009, 18:05
Still working with 'Ard Boyz army lists it occured to me that I can run up to six engines of the gods in 3000 points.

Would that be more devastating that 2 Slaans and 3 Engines? I really like the Lore of Beasts for stopping Dragons and such with the Slaans, but six engines...

With the Slaan's I get 19 power dice and 12 dispel.
With the Engines I get 20 power and 14 dispel but I am stuck with Lore of Heavens for everything. Lots of Portent of Far :)

Either way, the Engines really do a number on the top tier armies. Even daemons don't like taking all those S5 hits. Vamps the same and Dark Elves at T3 take a beating.

Nathangonmad
17-06-2009, 19:09
Dooks you've always been such a power gamer :P I remember reading your cheesy 40k lists on Relic lol.

N810
17-06-2009, 19:14
Would that be more devastating that 2 Slaans and 3 Engines? I really like the Lore of Beasts for stopping Dragons and such with the Slaans, but six engines...

you can put Teneheniaun on a steg to get lore of beast ;)
or you could run Lord Maz (slan+steg= :D)

danny-d-b
17-06-2009, 19:18
how about you get one slan and then as many engines as you can fit in?

kacperspala
18-06-2009, 01:36
Are You insane : D ? 6 engs ? Rly ?

Necromancy Black
18-06-2009, 02:01
With the Slaan's I get 19 power dice and 12 dispel.
With the Engines I get 20 power and 14 dispel but I am stuck with Lore of Heavens for everything. Lots of Portent of Far :)

2 things:

1) The Focused Rumination and some power stones are going to get you alot more then 20 powerdice per turn with those 2 Slann's on the table. 2 Slann are also going to give you alot more spells to choose from as well. Give them both The Becalming Cogitation and you are going to hurt the enemies casting more then 2 more dispel dice can.

2) The ability to take other Lores will probably be invalible. Lore of Heaven's is good for Lizardmen because those rerolls really help and unlimited ranged spells is good on a T2 wizard. But when your suddenly facing an army of chaos knights, your going to be damn happy you can cast Spirit of the Forge and Rule of Burning Iron twice in a turn.

Ax'ataxa
18-06-2009, 08:45
i agree with necromancy black hands down, especially the second point.

Dooks Dizzo
18-06-2009, 16:30
I'm not overly worried about Chaos Knights, Burning Alignment is very much like a Lore of Metal spell really. Though I have to say I am tending to agree about being able to take another lore.

Beast Cowers will stop Cav in their tracks and give me more ability to manuever.

If I ran 6 engines I could really just keep them all close together and murder people with up to 6D6 S4 no armor save hits.

Cobbicus
18-06-2009, 18:02
Burning alignment while good, is not nearly as effective against knights, especially chaos knights, as lore of metal. Burning alignment will do d6 strength 4 hits if its in range and the chaos knights still have a 2+ save, but with lore of metal your doing 2d6 strength 7 or 8 i forget hits to the knights with no line of sight, and since your slaan count as large targets they can see over things like hounds to get to the knights.

Troah
18-06-2009, 18:04
I'd say drop an Anceint Steggadon for some more hold units just to help out a bit.

Dooks Dizzo
18-06-2009, 18:30
Burning Alignment allows no armor save :)

Cobbicus
18-06-2009, 18:34
Touche. However, lore of metal has the range over burning alignment. I've run the six engine list at 3k, their are some armies that you will roll through then you will come across others and get wrecked. I think that the magic defense that slaan provide is much more valuable then a couple more burning alignments as you pretty much take two wizards out of commission, and you also have some power stones to pop to do some extra damage in the phase.

Dooks Dizzo
18-06-2009, 18:38
I think you're right and I am definitely leaning towards the 3 engines +2 Slaan build, I just want to make sure I am exploring all options.

The 'Ard Boyz tournies are the one time I can let my inner power gamer shine. Other than that I prefer to play themed lists with no real cares about win or lose.

Necromancy Black
19-06-2009, 01:18
Beast Cowers will stop Cav in their tracks and give me more ability to manuever.

Don't forget with that Lore that Hunter's Spear is a magic missile and thus can be cast through skinks. But a EotG on the flank of a unit of knights and cast it at them :p

Limenix
19-06-2009, 09:24
One word .... RING OF HOTEK!!!

Paz
19-06-2009, 14:42
two words ... OMG!

oh, no! dont ever try to build only magic list, ring of hotek is waiting for you... it's range is 48'' and you can do nothing!

Necromancy Black
19-06-2009, 15:08
Plenty of spells can get around the ring, especially since the DE FAQ says it doesn't work against being affected by AoE spells. Plus Burning Alignment isn't affected either so no worries.

N810
19-06-2009, 15:57
The Engine of the gods 3 abilites don't count as spells,
they are more like bound spells or that dwarven anvil.
so you are realy only hurting the skinks 2 spells.

Dooks Dizzo
19-06-2009, 15:57
I play Dark Elves as well as my lizzies so I am well versed in the strenghts and weaknesses of the ring. If I come across Dark Elves I'll watch for it...and keep the Cupped Hands of the Old Ones nearby.