PDA

View Full Version : Special Abilities and Characters Leaving Units

goatfarmer03
17-06-2009, 23:12
In the Rule Book they have all the rules having to do with Characters and Psychology when entering and leaving units. How about Special Rules? If an OK Unit (with a character) gets buffed with Gut Magic and has Regeneration or Stubborn (etc etc), what happens when the character leaves the unit? And What if another Character joins the unit later? Do you have to choose who keeps the ability, similar to how Psychology Rules work, or do they individually keep them? And then how would you dispel them (in the case of Gut Magic)?

stripsteak
17-06-2009, 23:20
should probably use the 'remains in play' spell rules, pg 110 of the BRB

Agoz
17-06-2009, 23:37
I believe it states in the ogre kingdoms Faq that when an ogre character leaves a unit, you have to choose: either the unit, or the character, keep the effect of the spell. I'll have to double check, but thats basically it.

goatfarmer03
18-06-2009, 00:04
Thanks for the quick reply. Forgot to even check the Faq.
Since we are on the OK topic, my OK bud says in the book their Spells are not actually "Remain In Play" spells. I agree with this, because in the book it says to Dispel one that is already in play it has a Power of 7 (or something like that Im just recalling from memory). But the OK player says in their book it says you must "BEAT" the Power of 7 (aka roll an 8+). Is this true or do they follow the same rules as dispelling normal Remain In Play spells.

Yrrdead
18-06-2009, 06:39
I believe that your buddy is mistaken. Pg 60 of the OK book states pretty clearly that

"An opponent may dispel any Gut Magic spell in his own Magic phase as though it was a Remains in Play spell with a Power level of 7."

Mercules
18-06-2009, 21:25
It is not a Remains in Play spell. If it was then the Butcher would have to concentrate to maintain the spells and could not cast other spells.

That whole "Beat" debate for RiP spells is still up in the air. As far as I am aware the GT circuit plays "beat" as meet or exceed, not exceed.

goatfarmer03
19-06-2009, 00:42
Thanks Merc that was what I was wondering. I know there is a huge debate on Ogre Kingdoms forum, but I will go by what the GT Circuit does any day.

Atrahasis
19-06-2009, 10:57
"Beat" in the context of dispelling is defined (by implication) in the rulebook as equal to or greater.