PDA

View Full Version : Bringing a knife to a gun fight(1000 Empire)

As pretty as a Gnoblar
18-06-2009, 12:17
Well having recently returned to the Empire for the third time in my Warhammer expireience,the last two failed after I discovered 40k,twice.:p

Anyway to keep it short and simple.Here is the list with which I plan to make my return.It will competinig in our fantasy league(I would like to mention that I won the 40k version:p)so it need to be able to play with the big boys,but winning isnt a priority,just being able to last to the 6th turn.:rolleyes:

Warrior Priest
Heavy Armour
Shield
Barded Warhorse
Talisman Of Protection
Bitting Blade
Van Horstmanns Speculum

18x Greatsworsds
Musican
Counts Champion
Standard Bearier
Detachment:9x Free Company
Detachment:5x Archers

5x Knights
Musican

5x Knights
Musican

5x Pistoliers
Musican
Outrider
Repetitor Pistol

10x Handgunners

3x Ogre Bulls
Additional Hand Weapon
Musican

Total:1022:
Power Dice:2
Dispel Dice:3

As you can see I am 22 points over,anybody have any smart solutions how to shave down those points?

Also the Tactic is simple.Greatswrods hold center and all the mounted units and the Ogres dance around the Greatswords.

kramplarv
18-06-2009, 12:31
get rid of the repeating pistol on your outriders and in addition the champion. that should do the trick.

also, the talisman of protection are not crucial. Your warrior priest can cast wardsave upon himself should he need it.

Your bulls should, if possible, be ironguts instead. S6 is more needed in your army than plenty of S4. Very handy for the odd Hydra or shaggoth.

As pretty as a Gnoblar
18-06-2009, 15:48
Wizard
Rod of Power

19x Greatsworsds
Musican
Counts Champion
Standard Bearier
Detachment:9x Free Company
Detachment:5x Archers

5x Knights
Musican

5x Knights
Musican

5x Pistoliers
Musican

10x Handgunners

3x Ogre Ironguts
Musican

Total:997
Power Dice:3
Dispel Dice:3

Tactics didnt change,but the elemnts did.This any better?

nasty_little_hobbit
18-06-2009, 16:50
I would prefer to have the warrior priest with armour of meteoric iron and icon of magnus. This way your greatswords wont be running if you get double charged by large fear causing units which is very likely in a list with only one infantry block.
The rest of it looks really good.