PDA

View Full Version : Who is your favorite eBay trader?

Earl_UK
18-06-2009, 13:45
Obviously new GW stock is disappearing off eBay due to the new T&C, but there are loads of other traders who sell used GW, different formats and terrain (did find a seller with some awesome Fantasy style buildings).

So who have you found to be good to use?

Chaos and Evil
18-06-2009, 13:56
Glory4figures is a recaster :(

Cane
18-06-2009, 15:26
MacPac51 is good but he's more for American Ebayers since he offers free shipping on all of his auctions. I've seen brand new High Elf Bowmen boxes go for 11 dollars since he'll start a lot of auctions at $0.99 and thats including shipping!

satanslandlady
18-06-2009, 21:47

really? all I see is he/she/they buy a lot of naughty things :evilgrin: they have no auctions up atm.
---
I got a lot of good flocking stuff from forgedinblood

venus_redscar
18-06-2009, 23:00
MacPac51 is good but he's more for American Ebayers since he offers free shipping on all of his auctions. I've seen brand new High Elf Bowmen boxes go for 11 dollars since he'll start a lot of auctions at $0.99 and thats including shipping!

I agree. I like MacPac too. My only complaint was the first time I bought I didn't realize he just sold the sprues.

I pretty much got all my Army books discount from him.

But this thread worries me, is it merely a GW plant trying to smoke out eBay sellers they can shut down.

Earl_UK
18-06-2009, 23:16
But this thread worries me, is it merely a GW plant trying to smoke out eBay sellers they can shut down.[/QUOTE]

Paranoia !!!

GW know which of there accounts do not play ball, im sure they don't need to sniff things out via forum trolling :)

Besides this is not about sellers of new product or splits, just used and other related goodies :)

Bellygrub
19-06-2009, 14:16

Another vote for MacPac51. I flip between them and the Warstore mostly.

Mannimarco
19-06-2009, 15:48
buyforlessonline even though they do have a wierd way of doing the check out system

always very well stocked and you get a good discount on their buy it now stuff

Bahir
19-06-2009, 17:48
I like Hordes o Bits, they even ship to Spain, and you can find some nice deals on their ebay web store thing.

IncrediSteve
19-06-2009, 19:14
Though I hadn't consciously sought them out before, hoard_*_bits have been the source of nearly all my bitz purchases over the bay. They have pretty reasonable shipping rates, and good prices on misc bits. I want to say Back2Basix out of OZ has been pretty good as well, though I can't seem to find them in my feedback and might be getting confused.

Duke Georgal
20-06-2009, 01:25
"geronimo_jones" has great resin bases. He even has "warmachine" style bases in 25mm size so you can use them for 40K!

"jenova_painting" is selling painted figures again. I have one. Great for collectors or if you need inspiration.

"hoard_*_bits" is always good for that special conversion piece, but check his "buy it now" items because they frequently cost less than identical auctions end for. He also has nearly the entire Reaper miniature line at 20% off buy it now.

Malakai
20-06-2009, 04:19
Hoard of bits and Blackdaggergames are my bitz places. I believe blackdaggergames to be better though. If you notice "hoard" will often have great "buy it now" items, but will put key components to that model's assembly in the auction sections. I know he's trying to make money,but it sometimes annoys me.

Case in point. I literally,5 minutes ago, bought 5 Ork Nob bodies from blackdaggergames. I almost went through "Hoard" until I noticed that their shoulder pads (required to connect the front body to the back) is in the auction section. This is typical of him, so I went through "dagger."

Duke Georgal
20-06-2009, 04:51

Are you sure about this?

I looked at the recent auctions they had, and all looked correct to me. Older models were the correct darker lead color. Casts all looked proper.

How do you know this?

IJW
20-06-2009, 09:48
I don't think anyone's proven that Glory4Figures is a recaster, but a lot of people suspect him of it due to the huge numbers of identical auctions of rare figures he's run over the years.

I've literally lost count of how many of his 'Five OOP Squat Exo Armour' lots he's sold - but we're talking hundreds of the same Squat models here... and note that his recent auctions have changed a lot in character after the last big discussion of his auctions on the Collecting Citadel Miniatures list.

venus_redscar
21-06-2009, 04:46
I don't think anyone's proven that Glory4Figures is a recaster, but a lot of people suspect him of it due to the huge numbers of identical auctions of rare figures he's run over the years.

I've literally lost count of how many of his 'Five OOP Squat Exo Armour' lots he's sold - but we're talking hundreds of the same Squat models here... and note that his recent auctions have changed a lot in character after the last big discussion of his auctions on the Collecting Citadel Miniatures list.

I've never looked over a feedback with auctions listed as private. How odd....

Chaos and Evil
21-06-2009, 14:17
Are you sure about this?

I looked at the recent auctions they had, and all looked correct to me. Older models were the correct darker lead color. Casts all looked proper.

How do you know this?

He's sold more Exo-Armoured Squats than GW ever produced in the first place.

He's sold something like 60 Epic Ordinatus vehicles (each of which is very rare).

He's a recaster who's made 50,000+ off of selling recast miniatures over the years.

phoenixlaw
21-06-2009, 17:06
but he has 100 % feedback ?
surely this wouldnt be the case otherwise ?

Chaos and Evil
21-06-2009, 17:12
but he has 100 % feedback ?
surely this wouldnt be the case otherwise ?

He's a very good recaster, providing near-perfect, often OOP miniatures... his buyers have no reason to complain.

Charax
23-06-2009, 01:59
He's a very good recaster, providing near-perfect, often OOP miniatures... his buyers have no reason to complain.

So it's just the people not involved in the transaction that complain.
Sounds like a pretty good reason to buy from him. After all, it's not like you're going to be buying Squats and Ordinati from GW any more, are you?

Danteng7
23-06-2009, 08:34
I thought GW takes tough stance against such sellers?

I also saw some sellers selling the same old limited edition minis over and over again.

Some are pretty rare like the SM Sarge from the 2004 Army Boxset.

hereticdave
23-06-2009, 16:48
Huh i just looked back through my auctions and sure enough my Golgotha Ordinatus is from Glory4Figures - that's somewhat disappointing :(

hereticdave
23-06-2009, 16:56
So it's just the people not involved in the transaction that complain.
Sounds like a pretty good reason to buy from him. After all, it's not like you're going to be buying Squats and Ordinati from GW any more, are you?

Well that's not necessarily true - fair enough he's filling a niche that GW refuses to cater to, the legality of which i'll not go into, which is all fine and dandy as people such as myself are buying them because they want them. But what he is doing is flogging them on as originals or certainly not indicating they are recasts. This gives him a higher buy price as people falsely believe that of an ever diminishing supply they're getting one of them. Whereas in actuality there's an increasing supply and if anything the price should be decreasing and would do if the truth around the origin of the models is widely known.

The quality of the casts, all credit to him, only perpetuate what he's not saying and ensure that his buyers aren't peeved when they get what's pictured thus keeping the whole thing going as a viable enterprise.

I also find that that fact his transactions are now all private intensely dubious and they weren't when i bought from him last year.

Bubbatron
23-06-2009, 22:18
also might want to steer clear of someone called evilrik - he sells lots od forge world gear that i KNOW 100% are not originals but are recasts he does in his garage - he has a nice little side line going where he sells them at his local gaming club too, i wouldnt normaly say anything but a few friends of mine have bought these thining they were originals only for them to be brittle and break easily

Latro_
23-06-2009, 23:32
Maelstrom Games in the UK have always been pretty good for me.

razormasticator
23-06-2009, 23:35
I like Hordes o Bits, they even ship to Spain, and you can find some nice deals on their ebay web store thing.

Yep, I use Hoard of Bits, Macpac, Motorwool, Fat Ogre on occasion, Bruceswargames etc.

All of those are good dealers.

BrazenSix
24-06-2009, 17:26
Hoard o Bits is great... I built 2 boar chariots for about $20 minus crew and boars. Beats $72. :)