PDA

View Full Version : Question around Frenzy and also very interesting info - WOC specific

untimention
18-06-2009, 13:54
Hi warseer.

If you see some other threads you will see i played my first game with my WOC and i got destroyed (all mounted) but actually as it was only the third time i've ever played warhammer i've found out tons of rules i didnt use.

Something i've noticed over my lunch.

You can only take 1 mark... this is in relation to my knight units.

MOK is always a popular one as well as MOS.

Well actually don't take either and take a blasted standard... 35points and you don't loose frenzy.... which is good because if you do loose combat the 30points you spent on MOK is lost.. but actually i've just read the rule book closely and a frenzy unit in affect has MOS as it's immune to psychology.... and because you never loose frenzy.. you never loose your MOS either.

BARGAIN I THINK.

Also next question... he charged his dwarfs into my knights.... and i didnt realise he has to test for fear... whats more i had marauder horsemen in the rear of his dwarfs.... if he failed his fear test and ran would the marauders kill them because they are behind them?

Gazak Blacktoof
18-06-2009, 14:09
The dwarfs wont flee if they fail their fear test, they simply wont charge (fear- part 2, p.50).

Units flee from fear cauing units (that outnumber them) only if they are being charged by the fear causer or have lost a roound of combat to them.

Milgram
18-06-2009, 14:55
uhm... MoS is not equal to ItP anymore. MoS only gives you immune to fear, terror and panik. the difference to ItP is basically 1) you can flee as a charge reaction and 2) you are affected by spells that do not affect ItP units.

also MoK has the drawback that you always have to charge due to frenzy and you always have to pursue/overrunt due to frenzy.

I'm not overly impressed by the standard, though it is nice to have when you expect to lose some combats with -1/-2

Nuada
18-06-2009, 15:03
EDIT: yeah forget that :) that's the "charged by a fear causing enemy" i was talking about :D

jaxom
19-06-2009, 19:48
The banner you want is the Banner of Rage. Blasted Standard is a shooting defense.

I think Milgram nailed it. If you are putting it on knights and making charges that you shouldn't where you might lose by 1 or 2 then this is an option. It *does* make you always Frenzied and that means that you are always ItP and never break against a terror causing enemy which makes them a more viable counter for T5 and T6 monsters.

On very rare occassions for giggles (in friendlies) I have put this and the Rapturous standard in the same unit so that I can run 5 knights and 1 or 2 characters into the front of a unit of R&F and make my opponent whine. It's good for surprizing Dwarves who think to themselves "Yeah, I'll take 5 casualties and do none back but I have 3 ranks, standard, BSB, warbanner and outnumber so he'll lose frenzy and then I can flank if he didn't flee".

Problem is that you have few enough models and if he starts racking up his CR by actually causing wounds then you melt anyway.

Spirit
21-06-2009, 02:42
Mark of slannesh is not taken for the ItP.

Its taken because your ItP but can flee from a charge.

untimention
21-06-2009, 21:23
Lord on Juggernaught has to take MOK.... does the Juggernaught get +1 attack in combat?

stripsteak
21-06-2009, 21:31
BRB pg 79 deals with characters and psychology for their mounts

Isabel
21-06-2009, 21:50
Yes, mounts are subject to frenzy. Yet another reason I love MoK on my knights, chaos steeds are nothing to ignore.

Spirit
23-06-2009, 03:51
Lord on Juggernaught has to take MOK.... does the Juggernaught get +1 attack in combat?

Yes, if a rider or mount has frenzy, the entire model gains it.

Makes it ridiculously cheap to give a zombie dragon hatred!

Tae
23-06-2009, 06:19
Makes it ridiculously cheap to give a zombie dragon hatred!

Or free for a Black Dragon :D