PDA

View Full Version : Killing Characters

BEEGfrog
18-06-2009, 15:53
I am trying to find the rule for what happens when you wipe out a unit with a character in it.

I am happy with all the special circumstances like challenges, command models etc., I am interested in the case when you have rolled well and done more wounds than either of you were expecting and you effectively kill the entire unit with loads of wounds lft over for the character.

As you weren't expecting to do so many wounds you haven't split attacks and allocated between the models in contact you have just rolled as normal.

Do you treat it as with command models and roll the wounds over, killing the character; or are unallocated attacks treated as attacks allocated against the unit, leaving the character standing there saying "What's happened to everybody ?".

As I can't find this in the rules can somebody point me to where it is covered for future reference?

Atrahasis
18-06-2009, 16:11
The character is unharmed. In order to harm the character you have to specifically target him.

DarkTerror
18-06-2009, 16:54
No bonuses for beating a dead horse

Necromancy Black
19-06-2009, 05:53
Page 74. "If a character is part of a unit that includes at least 5 rank and file model (id est, non-character,) he can not be shot at."

That's the ruling your after. The character can not be shot at and nothing anywhere says wounds are carried over.

Da GoBBo
19-06-2009, 09:44
Great, problem solved, now we can turn this thread into a fluffcontest :D

Braad
19-06-2009, 21:21
No, it's not the ruling he's after. OP talks about allocating attacks in CC, and that has nothing to do with the rules for shooting...

When you go to section 'champions' on page 81, you'll notice that champions are specifically given a rule that says they die when the unit is wiped out and the rule also actually says the champion gets them since he is still just a rank&file trooper, very much unlike a character. Page 76 about excess wounds regarding characters does not give this specific rule to a character, so a character is never hurt due to excess wounds on the unit.

Necromancy Black
20-06-2009, 00:02
Once again I fail at reading :/ However, Braad would be right.