- Favour of the Gods
- Blasted Standard
= 365pts

5 Knights of Khorne
= 230pts

5 Knights of Khorne
= 230pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1997pts

Suffers huge against magic heavy lists, but this army packs a mean punch in combat!

The idea is to centralize the larger warrior unit and the chosen.
Time of Madness

IkuTurso
19-06-2009, 15:12
In theme list!

CHARACTERS

Exalted of Khorne
- Jugger
- Shield
- Axe of Khorne
= 225pts
The axe isnt really needed,swap to a cheap flail,and give him Fury of the blood god for (MR:2) and 4+ward

Exalted of Khorne
- Shield
- Sword of Battle
- Collar of Khorne
= 180pts
Give this fella a juggernaut and put him in the second knight unit,or even with the warriors the jugger is good.Collar should stay,sword of battle might be better to swap for a flail

CORE

11 Chaos Warriors of Khorne
***Exalted here***
- Full Command
- Halberds/Shields
= 247pts

10 Chaos Warriors of Khorne
- Halberds/shields
= 200pts

10 Chaos Warriors of Khorne
- Halberds/shields
= 200pts
warriors are slow but good fighters and very fluffy,give these units banners and maybe increase to 12.
5 Hounds
= 30pts

5 Hounds
= 30pts

5 Hounds
= 30pts

5 Hounds
= 30pts
lovely
SPECIAL

12 Chosen of Khorne
- Full Command
- Great Weapons
- Favour of the Gods
- Blasted Standard
= 365pts
I've never played with chosen, they sure as heck cost an arm and leg but in your list this might work, however, I would gladly recommed you to fit and Warshrine of chaos in your list, it should work wonders with your infantry

5 Knights of Khorne
= 230pts

5 Knights of Khorne
= 230pts
give them banners, after all you want them to break the enemy on charge so you can overrun.You also dont wish to lose a battle if you get charged so you lose your frenzy
TOTAL POINTS = 1997pts

Suffers huge against magic heavy lists, but this army packs a mean punch in combat!
It suffers against magic heavy opponents, the magic resistant champions are your best tactical defense again magic.

If you need point for a warshrine, the magic items should give you about 37 points, I think you could drop a warrior unit, giving you 237 points, thats warshire(130) and leftovers you can give banners to your units.

The idea is to centralize the larger warrior unit and the chosen.
Time of Madness

nick_robinsonchia
19-06-2009, 19:43
My 2cp.

Assuming you are rolling a flank with the knights while the warriors slowly progress up the centre? If u get a march blocker on you're warriors they arnt going anywhere and you have no counter measures for it if this happens.

Seems to me one of two things will happen with the knights as it stands.

1. Roll the flank and do all the work and the warriors do nothing.
2. Die horriblymisdirected to anonimity despite your 4 hound units screening. Then the warriors will be outflanked and or picked off.

My conclusions are thus because I have toyed around with a similar list but I just dont think there is enough synergy between khorne knights and warriors to really have a combined list (competitive that is).

It seems to me a fully khorne list should either be all cavalry OR all foot if u want to have a show at being competitive. MSU for the foot with chariots being used as countermeasures for marchblockers.

The problem is with a mixed force it is too easy to isolate and hamstring each distinct part for a canny general. If u present a united front using either share speed with Marader horse + knights and screening hounds or MSU khorne infantry units and a couple of warshrines to buff + screens of hounds i think you will find greater success.

Similarly a note on equipment - have you considered using GW + AHW + Shield on ur warrior units. Yes it is more expensive but you have the best of all 3 worlds, high str/high attacks/high defense choosing whatever you find best. these warriors are a large investment in points it seems to me splashing another 2p per model isnt that bad to really specify their role.

A note on you're characters - I'd be tempted to drop one of ur exalted to be honest. You have more than enough hitting power with a khorne force whatever way you decide to go. You are likely to get more return on you're points by dropping the hero and investing in something else.

Similarly the equipment I would choose is slightly different. I would use you're remaining exalted for a dual purpose role of large moster hampering and arrow bait. I would use one of two set ups.

Exalted - MoK + Juggernaut + glaive of putrification + either enchanted shield or golden eye of tzeentch. Shield or eye both give different benefits. With the ench shield opponent needs str 7+ to move you to a 3+ save. without he needs a 6 to move you to 3+ which is alot easier to get. However that 4+ ward vs magic missiles and shooting is also nice. The glaive is an underrated piece of kit. Steamtank - no worries one round of combat and you should do a wound str/tough 2 is beatiful for the rest of you're army to wail on it. Similarly for dragons etc. Large flying monsters will be you're achilles heal so even tho it isnt that destructive in itself the glaive will make that large target extremely vulnerable to the rest of youre army.

Good luck with it.

N

Witchblade
20-06-2009, 01:06
I'll keep it short. You need marauders.

Time of Madness
24-07-2009, 20:12
It seems to me a fully khorne list should either be all cavalry OR all foot if u want to have a show at being competitive. MSU for the foot with chariots being used as countermeasures for marchblockers.

N

Interesting comments here. After a few games I have realized you may be right.

I may opt for all infantry and drop the knights. With the points saved I can get 2 warshrines of khorne and a scroll caddy. Does anyone like this a little bit better?
Time of Madness

Death Korp
25-07-2009, 00:52
You will need the Knights for hitting flanks. Knights with the Frenzy Banner are nasty, so I would at least keep one unit, as they do look cool too.

The Warriors sould all be 12 with Full command, the Standards will help you in Combat Res.

Since you don't have many models in the army, have you thought of Spawn? Against armies that will outnumber you, they are great marchblockers against S3 T3 infantry, so you can get the warriors prepared for a charge.

A couple of Warshrines would be handy for the infantry, but keep them both on the Chosen, and they;ll make them so much nastier!

Have you thought of Chariots? Frenzied Chriots can be fun in my Experience!

DK