PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Warriors of Chaos - list and analysis

Le Shirrif
19-06-2009, 10:26
Level 4 : Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Conjoined Homunculus, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Striking, Rod of Torment : 420
This guy is the foundation of my magical offense. With 4 Power Dice with +1 to cast, four spells from one of the most outright deadly lores, plus +d3 to cast once a turn. This means I can get off a nice chunk of spells. He can also draw out dispel scrolls and dice with Infernal Gateway if he gets it. The shield and sword give him decent combat defence and offence if he gets charged. He won't be up to fighting other lords, but against small skirmish units and cheaper heroes, he will have a good chance. Finally, the Rod of Torment gives me a bound spell to mush up smaller lightly armoured units.

Level 2 : Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Power Familiar, Dispel Scroll : 200
With 3 power dice, he can get a few spells off each turn. He can also use Titillating Delusions or Hysterical Frenzy to force enemy squads into combat, and leave their flanks open to a “hammer” charge. Lash of Slaanesh can slow marches, and with 3 dice he has a good chance of getting the 12+ required for Ecstatic Seizures.

Level 2 : Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Infernal Puppet : 195
A classic wizard, with the Infernal Puppet. No real comments needed.

Exalted Hero : Mark of Slaanesh, Soporific Musk, Aethersword, Shield : 190
This guy is in for a few reasons. One, I love the Prince Sigvald model and wanted to use it. Second, he is a nasty surprise for knights. 1+ save? Not any more! He can hide in either the Marauders or a warrior squad.

12 Chaos Warriors : Standard Bearer Musician, Shields, Mark of Tzeentch : 230
25 Chaos Marauders : Flails, Mark of Slaanesh : 135
The “anvils” of my army. The warrior squads are tough, with 2+ saves and 6+ ward saves they can hold up in combat for a decent amount of time, at least until the Knights can get a charge off. The marauders, whilst weaker, are ItP, so will hold until they are wiped out.

5 Warhounds : 30
5 Warhounds : 30
March blockers and meat shields.

5 Chaos Knights : Mark of Tzeentch, Ensorcelled Weapons : 220
5 Chaos Knights : Mark of Tzeentch, Ensorcelled Weapons : 220
The “hammers” of my army. These guys rock on the charge. So they just kill stuff. 'Nuff said.

2 Chaos Spawn : 110
More unbreakable units. . The Spawn are cheap, fun, cheerful and unbreakable!

:::2200:::

Skogla
19-06-2009, 14:45
Level 2 : Mark of Slaanesh, Steed of Slaanesh, Diabolic Splendour, Power Familiar : 210

A slaanesh wizard uses the synergy between Tzeentch and Slaanesh lores for some nasty tricks. With fast movement and -1 to leadership and causing fear, if gets aura of acquiescence he can easily form a no-charge area against low LD troops. With 3 power dice, he can get a few spells off each turn. He can also use Titillating Delusions or Hysterical Frenzy to force enemy squads into combat, and leave their flanks open to a “hammer” charge. Lash of Slaanesh can slow marches, and with 3 dice he has a good chance of getting the 12+ required for Ecstatic Seizures.

You cant have Diabolic splendour on him, a sorc hero can only have 25pts daemonic gifts, and diabolic splendour is >25

IkuTurso
19-06-2009, 14:50
Level 4 : Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Conjoined Homunculus, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Striking, Rod of Torment : 340

Your math is a bit off with this guy, I counted 420 points for his price.

Othervice your list doesnt look bad, I would consicider giving your knights a magic banner,and maybe consider swapping MoT as only 6+ save is fairly useless on them unless you combine it with the banner.

25 Chaos Marauders : Flails, Mark of Slaanesh : 135

25 marauders is just too many imo, they have mark of slaanes for Immune panic that is good, still they break easily as they are marauders and 25 is also quite big unit to manoveur, I'd make it 20 or 15.

They warriors look like they dont do awfully much dmg, concider giving them halberds, and maybe a different mark.

They trick with the new book is to use the marks as a tool, and paint your army as mono-tzeench if you so wish.

Le Shirrif
19-06-2009, 15:02
Thanks for pointing that out! I though the diabolic splendour on hero wizards sounded good!

Jiggled the points. Removed the hellcannon and gave the slaanesh sorcerer a dispel scroll. This leaves me with 50points to spend.

Skogla
20-06-2009, 13:05
you could give one of your warriors of tzeentch units the blasted standard to have a really good defense for shooting, making it a 4+ wardsave or like IkuTurso said, one of the knights units

IkuTurso
20-06-2009, 13:38
Having a 4+ ward against cannonballs and bolt throwers is surtainly nice for knights ;)