PDA

View Full Version : 2000p DoC, can this list work

Unicorn
19-06-2009, 13:16
Hey all

I am attending a tournament in 10 days and I am going to use my DoC and I was planning on using this list

Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, Flames of Tzeentch, Spell Breaker
Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, Flames of Tzeentch, Spell Breaker
Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, Flames of Tzeentch
Herald of Slanesh, Steed of Slanesh and Siren Song

10 Horrors
10 Horrors
10 Deamonets, champ, standard

5 Furies
5 Furies
5 Furies
5 Furies

4 Screamers of Tzeentch
4 Screamers of Tzeentch
4 Screamers of Tzeentch
4 Screamers of Tzeentch

6 Flamers of Tzeentch

Do people think it can work, who will I struggle against and should I change anything in the list

Any feedback will be highly appreciated :)

yorch
19-06-2009, 14:22
A bunch of dragon princes will obliterate you, since you only have the herald and damonettes to stop them, which doesn't seem plausible. I don't think the list is funny to play against either.

I really don't understand the role of the lonely herald in slaanesh steed ┐Mage hunter?

I would make the list entirely using tzeentch units and I would get the master of sorcery daemonic gift to nearly all heralds. This way you could use some no-flaming magic missiles in case you got to fight dragon princes. You would have 9 dispel dice in that case, so you could drop a spell breaker to save some points.

For example:
3x Heralds with Winged horror (360║ LOS), master of sorcery
1x Herald with Spell breaker (in a unit of horrors)
3x 10x Horrors
3x 5x Furies
4x 4x Screamers
2x 5x Flamers (to compensate the loss of flames of tzeentch spell)

1995 points, 13PD 9DD

The list is still horrendous (if not more), but well, it's just a variation of yours :p

Unicorn
19-06-2009, 14:35
I like your list :) but I only have 6 flamers and 20 horrors at my disposel

Dragon Princes, had not though about them, mhmm, might need to rethink parts of the list to be able to handle those, otherwise as you say I cant kill them... :(

The herald of slanesh is there to give me siren song, hopefully force a charge and give me an edge. I am especially then thinking of luring a bloodthirster to charge, he proceeds to kill the herald and overrunn or just stand still and I can then use mye screamers to slash him, or somethink similar to death.

I whould very much like to use master of sorcery, but I though flames was the better choise combined with disc, but now that you mentioned dragon princes, I might just have to drop the flames and go for the master of sorcery gift.

Any other army or units I might struggle against?