PDA

View Full Version : Virtue of Heroism. Questions Abound

bobtasco
19-06-2009, 12:34
I searched on this topic and couldn't find much which suprises me because you would think when you wipe off 250+ plus points off the board the other guy would be asking... wait how does that work?

The wording is, large targets die on a roll of 6 to wound. Does that mean steam tanks can get killed by this? Does the fact that they count as warmachines make them immune?

Bedboy
19-06-2009, 13:12
Yes, I am quite sure the steamtank dies, warmachines ain imune to killing blow, except they are more than us 2

Ivan Stupidor
19-06-2009, 13:13
Well, let's look at this step-by-step:

1. The Steam Tank is a Large Target and a War Machine.
2. The Virtue of Heroism allows you to use Killing Blow on Large Targets. No mention is made of War Machines being immune.
3. The general Killing Blow rules do not make an exception for War Machines.
4. The general War Machine rules do not mention immunity to Killing Blow.
5. The Steam Tank's rules do not mention an immunity to Killing Blow.

Therefore, unless I missed something, Steam Tanks are not immune to being one-shotted by the Virtue of Heroism.

The_Dragon_Rising
19-06-2009, 14:55
The steam tank is no different from any other large targets in these regards. In response to a person who complains simply point out that said lord has 4 attacks and then needs a 6 on any to wound rolls which even without running the math isnt exactly a massive chance compared to other 1 Hit K.O. weapons such as BoR

Alathir
19-06-2009, 15:48
It is definitely vulnerable to it... imagine the knight just hitting some very important, very delicate part of the machine.. or his lance goes through the vision slits and impales the drivers head..

DarkTerror
19-06-2009, 16:01
This thread should probably be in the rules section

Lord Dan
19-06-2009, 16:20
or his lance goes through the vision slits and impales the drivers head..

...does someone need a hug?

Peril
19-06-2009, 18:55
Virtue of Heroism vs. Steamtank in action (totalscrew.ytmnd.com)