level 2 of nurgle with infernal puppet 175
level 2 of nurgle skull of katam 190

core
12 warriors of nurgle with standard and raptureus standard with shields 212
20 marraurders of nurgle with light armour and shield 140
5 marauder horsemen with throw axes and musician 81
3x 5 dogs 90

special
5 chaos knights of mark of nurgle 230 (No command)
3 dragon ogers 231

rare
Giant 205 1678

what do you think

tactcis wise
all 3 foot caracters in the marauder block which acts as bunker with the chariot dude with in 3in of the side (so everyone gets +1 to cast) give everyone burbus and fireball/ flameing sword

the knights are screaned by the marauders while the ogers are screaned by 1 unit of dogs while the other 2 units get in the way

Background (for anyone who cares)
festus home town after he went crazy, the marrauders are the town swordmen, the warrior the town greatswords, the marrauders the town pistolires, the knights are a local kightly order and the dragon ogers and the giant are two examples of festusus experaments

IkuTurso
19-06-2009, 16:34
2000 point
festus 185
BSB with the book and dispel scroll on chariot 260

3x 5 dogs 90

chaos knights of mark of nurgle 230
3 dragon ogers 231

Giant 205 1678

what do you think

This army list is pretty badly put out.

How many knights do you have?
what upgrades on them?
Who is your general and what units do they go into?

Seperate lord,core,special and rare choices from each other. Tell us your general battle plan, and what you aim to with the list, then we can comment on it.

danny-d-b
20-06-2009, 07:16
This army list is pretty badly put out.

How many knights do you have?
what upgrades on them?
Who is your general and what units do they go into?

Seperate lord,core,special and rare choices from each other. Tell us your general battle plan, and what you aim to with the list, then we can comment on it.
done

also the list is also sperated out already!

IkuTurso
20-06-2009, 11:45
2000 point
Heroes
festus (Genral) 185
this guys should likely go with the warriors giving them regeneration making it a tough unit
Only sorcerers can have arcane items(dispel scroll)
fine
I would give 1 of the sorcerers at least a mount,for the armor save, or if you like converting the plaguin is very fluffy. Also, you have only 2 infantry blocks, put 1 wizard with the knights, or tzeentch sorcerer on a disc

core
put a character here instead,maybe throw in couple of warriors more. Consider halberds for hitting power

These guys arent going to do much more then be a meat shield. Seems to me that is your plan also, however its bad to put 3(?) characters in same unit, your opponent can just throw all he gots to that unit and when it goes down he has destroyed half your army.

MoS is good &cheap for these guys,flails for some bit of hitting power

3x 5 dogs 90
lovely

special
I would always give knights a banner
3 dragon ogers 231
Cool unit, never used it myself

rare
Giant 205 1678
Giants are a bit random, sometimes they smash the enemy but they are fairly easy to kill

thats a cool background, do you use empire models as well converted or regular chaos ones?

Skogla
20-06-2009, 11:55

This is not true, if you equip an exalted hero with book of secrets, it becomes a lvl 1 "wizard" and can thus buy arcane items.

Other than that, sounds like a fun army, are you gonna convert everything from scratch?

IkuTurso
20-06-2009, 12:03
This is not true, if you equip an exalted hero with book of secrets, it becomes a lvl 1 "wizard" and can thus buy arcane items.

Other than that, sounds like a fun army, are you gonna convert everything from scratch?

Lazy me not reading what the book does :angel:

Reinnon
20-06-2009, 12:04
re-read the book rules, it doesn't say they become a wizard... but this seems to be a gray area.

All it says is that know a spell and the book generates a power dice, i'm really not certain if you can take arcane items after taking the book.

Skogla
20-06-2009, 12:15
re-read the book rules, it doesn't say they become a wizard... but this seems to be a gray area.

All it says is that know a spell and the book generates a power dice, i'm really not certain if you can take arcane items after taking the book.

read the warriors of chaos faq. ;)

quote "Q. is a model with the book of secrets considered a wizard? if so, how many dice can he use to cast a spell? A. Yes, he counts as a wizard. He can use up to two dice to cast a spell in the same manner as a level 1 wizard."

a model that counts as a wizard can buy arcane items. ;)

danny-d-b
20-06-2009, 12:46
2000 point
Heroes
festus (Genral) 185
this guys should likely go with the warriors giving them regeneration making it a tough unit
posible, have to do some testing with both
see the FAQ
fine
cool
I would give 1 of the sorcerers at least a mount,for the armor save, or if you like converting the plaguin is very fluffy. Also, you have only 2 infantry blocks, put 1 wizard with the knights, or tzeentch sorcerer on a disc
was thinking about it but what do I drop

core
put a character here instead,maybe throw in couple of warriors more. Consider halberds for hitting power
and I get the points from where?

These guys arent going to do much more then be a meat shield. Seems to me that is your plan also, however its bad to put 3(?) characters in same unit, your opponent can just throw all he gots to that unit and when it goes down he has destroyed half your army.
true, give it a few games and have a look
MoS is good &cheap for these guys,flails for some bit of hitting power
well I'm going for an all nurgle so the MoS

3x 5 dogs 90
lovely
Good!

special
I would always give knights a banner
I'm not sure it would be worth it
3 dragon ogers 231
Cool unit, never used it myself
yep a unit I'd wanted to use

rare
Giant 205 1678
Giants are a bit random, sometimes they smash the enemy but they are fairly easy to kill
well its my anti moster, monster which has always been my problem

thats a cool background, do you use empire models as well converted or regular chaos ones?

all empire modles except the dragon ogers, not sure what I'm going to do for them

IkuTurso
20-06-2009, 13:25
You can always give your units MoS and still paint them nurgle.
For points you could drop maybe the chariot, some marauders,or the giant. Im not really sure.

danny-d-b
20-06-2009, 14:36
You can always give your units MoS and still paint them nurgle.
For points you could drop maybe the chariot, some marauders,or the giant. Im not really sure.

ner I'd still rather use MON
would be better to use two paladins or the chariot?

IkuTurso
20-06-2009, 15:53
You mean palanquins,I dont know, palanquing would surely look cool tho.
And you can always put the champion on horse with the knights

Brother J
21-06-2009, 03:32
2000 point
Heroes
festus (Genral) 185
Never used him, so he could be awesome, could be horrid.

A chariot? He's your BSB, you'll want to keep him near your army, and more then likely, towards the middle of it, not rushing off and risking getting blown to bits or run down.

I don't see a problem with it.

Again, don't see a problem with it, but I'd avoid putting all your eggs into one basket. Spread the characters out.

core
Are you using this unit for Festus? If so, I'd suggest a musician, and Champion. Not because Festus can't handle himself in close combat, as I'm sure he can, but more or less in order to control who's doing or getting challenged and killed off. He's too many points to blow on a challenge you HAVE to take and WILL lose.

I've never seen a marauder unit with light armour and shield. Most of the time they're used for diversion and arrow fodder. Which would be giving them flails, and Mark of Slaanesh so they won't panic for less points. You can also give them Flails and Mark of Tzeentch and grab a 6+ ward save instead of the armour save that will be easily negated for 140 points for 20 models.

I tend to grab light armour on these as well. Not because it will really help, but because I would like for there to be at least some chance that there will be at least one model left in the unit. Poor horsemen...you're so...not useful aside from drawing missile fire.

3x 5 dogs 90
Past three games I've run I've not used dogs at all. First game ended horribly, second ended not as horribly, the last game ended with a draw in his favour. Had I taken one more wound off the general (I pursued and missed it by an inch!!!) it would have been a win for me. So hounds are not NEEDED, but they are good for drawing enemy fire so they can get to your units later rather than sooner.

special
Just 5? You'll want the standard bearer and musician at least. Also, throw in a 6th model if you're not going to take the champion, you an throw the champion in if you've got left over points. (You know, from removing that chariot?)

3 dragon ogers 231
Great weapons I'm assuming?

rare
Giant 205 1678
Let me know how the giant fairs against medium/high ranged armies. If he makes it past the half way point in the game I'll be shocked. /bolt thrower to the tummy.

what do you think

tactcis wise
all 3 foot caracters in the marauder block which acts as bunker with the chariot dude with in 3in of the side (so everyone gets +1 to cast) give everyone burbus and fireball/ flameing sword

the knights are screaned by the marauders while the ogers are screaned by 1 unit of dogs while the other 2 units get in the way

Background (for anyone who cares)
festus home town after he went crazy, the marrauders are the town swordmen, the warrior the town greatswords, the marrauders the town pistolires, the knights are a local kightly order and the dragon ogers and the giant are two examples of festusus experaments

Other then that it seems relatively decent. (Sorry, didn't mean to go off about everything haha.)

Brother J
21-06-2009, 03:33
Oh, and Iku, absolutely LOVE the sig.

danny-d-b
21-06-2009, 10:30
I have been thinking about the eggs in one backet and might drop 1 squad of dogs and the staff down to a scroll and pick up some palaquins (though I'm running low on cash so that might be a problem, I'll edit the list and get back to you

danny-d-b
21-06-2009, 10:35
I have been thinking about the eggs in one backet and might drop 1 squad of dogs and the staff down to a scroll and pick up some palaquins (though I'm running low on cash so that might be a problem, I'll edit the list and get back to you

Heroes
festus (Genral) 185
level 2 of nurgle dispel scroll 165

core
13 warriors of nurgle with full command and raptureus standard with shields 268
2x5 dogs 60

special
3 dragon ogers 231

rare
Giant 205

what do you think

tactcis wise
Festus in the warriors, two wizzards in the marauders and the chariot between them (and slightly back so it can't be except by other chariots) with knights and ogers either side each screaned by there own dogs with the giant where ever he is needed

Brother J
21-06-2009, 15:48
I still don't get having the BSB in a chariot. Both are made for different purposes.

danny-d-b
21-06-2009, 17:16
well its just I have some point spair, I'll prob drop the chariot for plaquins when I have them but for now I'm sticking with it if possible, unless you have something else I an spend 100 points on?

Brother J
22-06-2009, 02:56
Drop a sorcerer as well and grab another unit of warriors? 100 points? You could also grab more horsemen, more marauders? Something particularly useful I'd suggest. Perhaps mount your BsB on a Barded Steed and throw him in a unit, or near a unit, he'll still have the same movement, but he's not going to be relying on the chariot lol. If you find an extra two points you can grab another unit of Horsemen and give him a barded steed.

Hulkster
22-06-2009, 08:46
speaking from my own experiance using giants

1 giant will always die before he can do anything

if you are going to take them then 2 are the way to go

as a monster hunter, they only work if your opponent wants his monster to fight it, only an opponent who thinks he can win (and so probably will) or a newbie would charge a giant with a monster

my DE dragon and 2 hydra army would not touch it untill i can charge you with at least 2 of those units, then the giant dies again

now dragon orges and chaos knight can but the hurt on most monsters, and an opponent might get cocky and think he can take them, when you point out that he has a nasty weapon, banner etc

with regards to your list, the chariot can work, just hold it back and use it to counter charge, very reliable to break units that way

knights should always have a banner and musican. and with the mark of nurglr i would also give them the banner of rage, very nasty combo

danny-d-b
22-06-2009, 18:42
well i havn't got the points or the money at the moment for a second giant so thats out and hope fully with knights and dragon ogers also able to pose a threat then the giant might not get shot

then again the one game I played with the giant against WE it spent 2 turns fireing on it and causing 3 wounds but ment the rest of my army hit his lines almost in tact

IkuTurso
23-06-2009, 19:40
Ok, I think you should make 1 mage Tzeench with disc and eye of tzeentch, you can make him lvl4 if you wanna drop something. This way you could put 1 mage in maras and 1 in warrs while keeping the knights as a threat of their own. Drop a dispel scroll and take +1 power dice familiar or a bound spell enchanted item/banner.This way you will eat more dispel dice.
I dont think you need the BsB but if you like him then np.

danny-d-b
24-06-2009, 07:29
nice idea but I want to keep it all nurgle
plus most people at the local club start moning the second gate way is mensioned about 1 dimensional WOC Armys