PDA

View Full Version : What to get next

Zanzibarthefirst
19-06-2009, 23:10
My Ork army is missing various bits and bobs and I jsut wondered what peopel think I shoudl get next. Currently I have

1 Warboss
2 Big Meks with SAG
1 Warphead
10 Nobz
1 Trukk
15 Shootas
30 Sluggaz
5 Burnas
2 Battlewagons
6 Nob Bikers
15 grots with runtherd

Any suggestions so that I could made a few different lists?

susu.exp
20-06-2009, 00:35
1) More boys.
2) More boys.
3) Some more burnas, 5 is a pretty small unit and with Orks unit size rules.
4) When you get more Burnas, you also get the bits for Lootas sans bodies - so a couple of boys will serve you once more.
5) Grotz. A great unit for very few points. Usually too little of a threat to be a target and too many to deal with with ease and they are scoring.

Zanzibarthefirst
21-06-2009, 22:59
Oh i do have some grots. Editted list

susu.exp
21-06-2009, 23:17
Well, #1 to #4 still stand *g*. Apart from getting more boys (and Big shootas for the shoota boys, Rokkits for the sluggas), you need to have big special units, mob sizes of 10+, so the suggestion of getting more burnas and using the bits from the burnas you have and the new box for 10 Lootas also stands. Then you could take a Mob (again at least 10 strong) of TBs, SBs or Kommandos. All good options.

If you have a theme, I could probably give you better advice. But "more boys" and "no Mob smaller than 10" are general guidelines for any Ork army. Thereīs nothing in that Codex that doesnīt work well as long as itīs anchored in enough boys.

Zanzibarthefirst
21-06-2009, 23:26
Well, #1 to #4 still stand *g*. Apart from getting more boys (and Big shootas for the shoota boys, Rokkits for the sluggas), you need to have big special units, mob sizes of 10+, so the suggestion of getting more burnas and using the bits from the burnas you have and the new box for 10 Lootas also stands. Then you could take a Mob (again at least 10 strong) of TBs, SBs or Kommandos. All good options.

If you have a theme, I could probably give you better advice. But "more boys" and "no Mob smaller than 10" are general guidelines for any Ork army. Thereīs nothing in that Codex that doesnīt work well as long as itīs anchored in enough boys.

I haven't really got a theme though I was thinking of building it up around the battlewagons. Most of the stuff I have got is jsut bits from the Ork Spearhead and AoBR. I ahve another 10 Sluggas somewhere so that'll give me a solid squad of 30

shabbadoo
22-06-2009, 01:12
One more Trukk and about 20 more boyz ought to have you set up on the basic stuff. Another box of Burnas, as 5 is horribly vulnerable(2 casualties and your unit will likely run away).

Get one of the new Battlewagon sprues(when it comes out) and put the deff-rolla on one of your Battlewagons and the kill kannon on the other. That'll give you a little bit more template death in the army when you are fielding your Warboss and not both of your SAG Big Meks.

Zanzibarthefirst
22-06-2009, 01:55
I ended up with two SAG Meks because the one I got was badly made and so when i took it to my local GW, they gave me another one and so after mixing and matching parts I ended up with two.

As for extra boyz, shoudl they be sluggas or shootas. I've jsut sprayed 10 sluggas from AoBR so that'll give me a large mob but I'm not sure if they shoudl be split into smaller units

senorcardgage
22-06-2009, 05:23
You could definitely use more boys. Why not try some dreads/kans too?

Zanzibarthefirst
22-06-2009, 22:03
Im trying to avoid kans/dreads because they are expensive and metal. Two things I dislike dearly. Jsut painted up some more boyz today, list has been updated

senorcardgage
22-06-2009, 22:54
That's definitely true. I got mine (3 kans and a dread) for a good deal, otherwise there's no way I would have bought them.

LonelyPath
22-06-2009, 23:14
You could probably scratch build some kans and dreds for a small fraction of the cost of the metal versions. I've seen some effective looking scratch kans based on vehicle accessory sprues and other bits and pieces.

Zanzibarthefirst
23-06-2009, 00:58
BAsed on the above list, coudl you suggest a decent 750pts list. I was thinking of using all the the warboss with 6 nobz, 30 slugga boyz and 20 shootas. 5 powerklaws in total and 57 bodies. Quite amble for 750pts I think.