PDA

View Full Version : MY FIRST LIST lizardmen 2k plz help

SirSnipes
21-06-2009, 00:06
slannmage priest, focus of mystery, higer state of consiousness, shield of mirrored pool, 2 dispel scrolls, 410pts
skink priest, dispel scroll engine of gods 380
saurus scar veteran, cold one,scemitar of sun, light armour, shield 163
15 saurus warriors, champion, spears 192
10 skirmishers 70
15 skirmishers 105
10 temple guard, revered guardian 174(with slann)
cold one cavalry X7 with champion 265(with scar vet)
stegadon 235

never played before but made up this army of models i love and i love my magics, btw

shadowskale
21-06-2009, 00:18
slannmage priest, focus of mystery, higer state of consiousness, shield of mirrored pool, 2 dispel scrolls, 410pts
saurus scar veteran, cold one,scemitar of sun, light armour, shield 163
15 saurus warriors, champion, spears 192
10 skirmishers 70
15 skirmishers 105
10 temple guard, revered guardian 174(with slann)
cold one cavalry X7 with champion 265(with scar vet)
stegadon 235

never played before but made up this army of models i love and i love my magics, btw

I ran a list that was very very close to this, not to long ago.
(only 1game with it mind) however for 2K 2stegs is to much, take out the normal steggy and leave the engine in.

next theres not need for a champion and scar vet in your unit of cold ones, musicain and banner with scar vet would be better.

saurus need the muscian and banner aswell, also make them a unit of 20 not 15.

the slann needs diadem of power,
if you dont have space take out the dispel scrolls/mirrored pool trust me its worth it.

if you have any points left, make sure you put more saurus in, idealy you want 2X20 units.

good luck :)

100post woooooooo!!

Troah
21-06-2009, 01:30

Slann cannot have magic armor, so you must drop the shield.

SirSnipes
21-06-2009, 05:02
what does musician or standard do?

Troah
21-06-2009, 05:38
Standards add +1 to Combat res and Musicians give you +1 to rally and if you're in hand-to-hand and both of you are equal in combat res and he doesn't have a musician you then gain +1 and win.

SirSnipes
21-06-2009, 06:15
then i should invest in em

right now models i own
slann
skink priest
engine of gods
stegadon
48 skinks
16 saurus
7 cold one cav
saurus hero
10 guard
1 krox

Necromancy Black
21-06-2009, 14:06
one of the best outfits for a Scar-Vet on cold one is light armour, enchanted shield and Piranha Blade. That's a 0+ AS and all wounds he does are doubled (1 wound on most heroes will kill them outright). Great for getting overkill in challenges.

Don't take Champions for Cold One Riders. 15 points for one attack is too damn much, and Champions count as characters for shooting. So if you have the scar-vet, champion and 4 other COR it counts as 2 characters and 4 normal models.
This means you won't get look out sir for your character, meaning things like cannons can pick him out of the unit. Damn annoying.

Definitely take a musician and a Standard bearer, and consider giving them a magic banner. Sun standard is good against shooty armies, War Banner is good against static armies (both are good against dwarfs) but personally I like the Huanchi totem for letting them fly across the board. It's a risk but I use it around the 16-19" charge range mark.

Saurus are probably best with a full command (standard, champion, musician) if your taking a decent size unit of them. With spears, 12 saurus that are 6 wide is a good start but 18 of them 6 wide is probably best as you get +2 rank bonus on top of maximising your frontage to get the most number of attacks in.

meadus
21-06-2009, 15:38
I would take out the stegadon and swap it for a salamander hunting pack and 2 razordon hunting packs.
With a smaller unit of TG, I'd keep the razordons on one side as a deterrent for flank chargers as they get double shot when standing and shooting. that's probably around 10-30 STR4 hits that someone would have to wade through and then at least one round of close combat before they could flan your temple guard. plus they get to shoot at anyone who gets too close. I'd also invest 10 points into extra handlers for them in case of misfires.
The salamander should be maneuvered to spout his flames at any units he has with high armor and/or regeneration.

SirSnipes
21-06-2009, 16:53
what can i make out of what i have

slann, focus of mystery, highjer state of consiousness, diadem of power, dispel scroll 375
saurus scar veteran, cold one,enchanted shield pirahna blade, light armour, shield 163
15 saurus warriors, champion, spears 210
10 skirmishers 70
10 skirmishers 70
10 skirmishers 70
15 skinks full command with krox 162
10 temple guard, revered guardian,musician,standard 195(with slann)
cold one cavalry X7 with standard,musician 275(with scar vet)

SirSnipes
22-06-2009, 01:11
is 2 slann ott in 2k? well one would be my krox converted to a priest