PDA

View Full Version : 2000pt The Great Wall of Nurgle (DoC list)

Time of Madness
21-06-2009, 11:44
Not an overly fun list to play against, but it can be very effective.

CHARACTERS

Herald of Nurgle (general)
- Level 1
- Palanquin
- Noxious Vapours
- Slime Trail
= 250pts

Herald of Nurgle (BSB)
- Level 1
- Standard of Sundering
- Palanquin
- Noxious Vapours
- Slime Trail
= 325pts

CORE

21 Plaguebearers
***General Here***
- Full Command
- Icon of Eternal Virulence
= 307pts

21 Plaguebearers
***BSB Here***
- Full Command
- Standard of Seeping Decay
= 307pts

10 Plaguebearers
= 120pts

6 Furies
= 72pts

SPECIAL

3 Nurglings
= 105pts

3 Nurglings
= 105pts

RARE

2 Beasts of Nurgle
= 200pts

2 Beasts of Nurgle
= 200pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1991pts

Casting Dice - 4
Dispel Dice - 4 + Sundering
Total models = 70

The 2 large plaguebearer units form the centre of this list. I use the smaller unit of plaguebearers and the beasts of nurgle on the flanks. The furies and the nurglings harass and take care of war machines etc.

The two heralds are essential to the list giving my units regeneration and also allowing me to strike first because of noxious vapours.
Time of Madness

SevenSins
21-06-2009, 22:07
Not to horrible actually, you'll struggle against magic heavy armies I think (even with sundering).
I'd comp this fairly high :)

Jind_Singh
22-06-2009, 06:17
yeah, not a tough list! it's ok - slow moving as your base troops move 4" so prone to march blocking.
fire attacks/killing blows will take care of regen - as will killing the heralds.
strong magic will be able to tackle you too, so i'd say it's a good list if your looking for good comp scores.
i'd actually drop a beast or 2 and get more nurglings - can never have enough of them! or use the points to get magic levels on both heralds - that would be great! i think a beast is 100pts, so 1 would buy both heros magic levels.

Jind_Singh
22-06-2009, 06:17
oh, and more furies! the only units you got with speed so well worth it!

Tae
22-06-2009, 18:24
Personally, I find Wall of Nurgle armies to be considerably harder to defeat if they have Epidemius in them.

Sure you're not going to lose any less models, but you're going to kill a hell of a lot more once you start poisoning on a 4+.

However he is an SC and I appreciate that some people may not wish to use him, though if it was my list I would find a way to include him.

Chaseyboy1er
22-06-2009, 18:41
i would up the units of plaugebearers that the heralds go in up to 24 so that you could get 4 by 7 to get 3 ranks instead of 5 by 5 with three ranks. either way, you still get three ranks, just a point to consider.

Time of Madness
22-06-2009, 19:33
Made a couple of minor changes here.

CHARACTERS

Herald of Nurgle (general)
- Level 1
- Palanquin
- Noxious Vapours
- Slime Trail
= 250pts

Herald of Nurgle (BSB)
- Level 1
- Standard of Sundering
- Palanquin
- Noxious Vapours
- Slime Trail
= 325pts

CORE

20 Plaguebearers
***BSB Here***
- Full Command
- Icon of Eternal Virulence
= 295pts

20 Plaguebearers
***General Here***
- Full Command
= 270pts

10 Plaguebearers
= 120pts

5 Furies
= 60pts

5 Furies
= 60pts

SPECIAL

3 Nurglings
= 105pts

3 Nurglings
= 105pts

RARE

2 Beasts of Nurgle
= 200pts

2 Beasts of Nurgle
= 200pts

TOTAL POINTS = 1990pts

Casting Dice - 4
Dispel Dice - 4 + Sundering
Total models = 72

Dropped a plaguebearer off of each unit. This allows me to set up 6X4...I realize this is not the optimal set up, however it is pleasing to the eye.

I also dropped the banner of seeping decay. Not sure if this was a good idea, however I was able to squeeze a second unit of furies into the list.

Anyone like this one better?
Time of Madness

SevenSins
22-06-2009, 22:02
I take it it should say lvl 1 on the heralds?

looks nice, if slow, and very thematic. Any fun conversions thought up for the furies or just plain ol' "bat from hell"?

(Personally I have a sweet spot for the GUO, but that would change your list entirely ;) )

Time of Madness
22-06-2009, 22:35
Sorry Level 1's are there, just forgot to list them.