PDA

View Full Version : Magic

pililuk
21-06-2009, 17:46
I am not too sure about this, But if i cast a spell can i then cast the same spell with the same caster?

Would the answer be:
1: If succesfuly cast then you cant cast it again
2: Succesfuly cast you can cast again.
3: Failed to cast So can Try again.
4: Failed to cast Cant Cast again

Cheers in advance.
Pilil

Tae
21-06-2009, 18:07
Excluding exceptions (see: Necromancy, Book of Secrets and probably some other stuff I've overlooked) a wizard can only attempt to cast each of his spells once per magic phase.

theunwantedbeing
21-06-2009, 18:11
Seems somebody hasnt read the magic section fully yet.

Page 107, Under the heading Casting Spells, third paragraph

One exception being on page 38 of the VC Armybook undead the heading Necromancy Spells

pililuk
21-06-2009, 22:56
Yeah i assumed that you couldnt ( havent really read the Latest Edition book been playing for so long i just picked it up) but was recently playing against VC and thought it was strange them casting the same spell several times, i didnt realise it was one of there own abilitys. cheers guys

narrativium
22-06-2009, 09:19
This is when you check the rulebook, and when you ask your opponent to show you the rule in their armybook, which allows them to do that.

tarrasque
22-06-2009, 11:24
One exception being on page 38 of the VC Armybook undead the heading Necromancy Spells
tomb kings can cast there spells multiple times but only successful ones one a unit

siphon101
22-06-2009, 19:17
Also keep in mind, wizards in VC can only recast THREE spells. Raise dead, invocation of nehek, and vanhel's danse macabre. If he tries to recast any of his other 4 spells, THEN he's cheating (although, by far, you can do extremely well with a VC army casting nothing BUT these 3 spells)

stripsteak
23-06-2009, 04:49
I don't think i've seen a VC cast other spells from those 3...but i haven't played against them much :/

Tae
23-06-2009, 04:50
I don't think i've seen a VC cast other spells from those 3...but i haven't played against them much :/

I've seen Wind cast frequently when playing against O&G armies after the fanatics have been released.