PDA

View Full Version : 2250 point Orcs and Goblins - my buy list

TheSaxon
22-06-2009, 06:44
Hi guys, so I'm going to be buying an army of greenskins shortly, and am trying to make sure the list is legal, competetive, and fun, so if you guys can tell me if that list is all of those things, I'd be much obliged =D

It's very hitty, with very little in the way of gobbos as I prefer orcs, and features no shooting. The idea is to simply march across the table as quickly as possible and bash them while setting up some flank charges with faster units.

So, please tell me your thoughts!

Lords and Heroes
Grimgor Ironhide
-Gitsnik (+2 str, 1st strike)
- Blood-Forged Armor (1+ Armor Save, 5+ Ward)
Cost: 375
Black Orc Bigboss
- Battle Standard Bearer
- Heavy Armor
- Mork’s Spirit-Totem
Cost: 164
Black Orc Bigboss
- Heavy Armor
- Nibbla’s ‘Itty Ring (Bound ‘Eadbutt)
- Shield
Cost: 107
Orc Shaman
- Level 2
- Dispel Scroll
- Power Stone
Cost: 150
Core
23 Orc Boyz
- Shields
- Extra Choppa
- Full Command
Cost: 214
23 Savage Orc Boyz
- Extra Choppa
- Full Command
Cost: 260
5 Forest Goblin Spider Riders
- Short Bows
¬Cost: 70
Special
20 Black Orcs
¬- Shields
- Full Command
- Nogg’s Banner of Butchery (+1 attack for unit, 1 use)
Cost: 345
2 Orc Boar Chariots
- Extra Crew
Cost: 170
7 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers
Cost: 105
Rare
Giant
Cost: 205
2 Snotling Pump Wagons
Cost: 80

Total Cost: 2245

Jind_Singh
22-06-2009, 07:05
Fair enough list, my only thoughts would be:

Grimgor is soooo expensive! For a normal orc character tooled up you'd still save enough points to add more orc boyz to the list.
I'd also look at finding a way to include a musician for the spiders - they need that plus 1 to rally!

I'd say that the biggest issues you might face is you have 3 decent core units - all running forwards at full speed. Theres a giant lurking around with 4 chariots in support who could zip into flanks - excellent.....

but poor giant will go down pretty quick - take it from me, a lone giant is just to easy to kill, with only T5 and no armour saves.
chariots do hit hard but lack the unit strength alone to pull it off, and 2 chariots means only 1 will make it!

A normal warboss with magic items allows you to get more boyz units
we need a musician in the spiders to help rally them
dropping the giant will allow you 2 more chariots - that would rock! 2 could be deployed behind your lines to hit any enemy who runs behing your lines.
the shaman is not strong, might as well get 2 dispell scrolls as you'll never really pull his spells off, a level 2 is just 2 easy to get around.
orc boys are fun! just squeeze as many as you can!

have fun warlord greenskin!

rtunian
22-06-2009, 17:58
you are taking 5 power dice, including itty ring. imo with this few its not worth taking any, and you should cut the level 2 and the power stone off the sham, and add another scroll. you should also drop the itty ring and give the big boss other magic items instead.

for 16 points each, all of your characters would be better off on boarback.

TheSaxon
22-06-2009, 21:50
well, the reason I have black orc characters is for quell animosity, to make sure my core orc units do as they're told, so I'm not sure about putting them on boars, but I will up the dispell scrolls and drop the ring in favor of a Guzzla's Battle Brew and Bigged's Kickin' boots.

but now Jind has me doubting whether I should drop the giant and add some Boar Boy Big 'Uns. And that makes me wonder if I should drop the giant and the squig hoppers, and add 2 units of 5 boar boys (one of them being Big 'Uns)

any thoughts?

TheSaxon
23-06-2009, 05:02
Ok, so I've worked it out, if I drop the shaman to level 1 and remove the giant completely, I can add:
5 Orc Boar Boyz
- Musician
Cost: 117
5 Savage Orc Boar Boyz
- Big ‘Uns
- Spears
- Full Command
Cost: 193

So the question is, which is sexier? Giant or Boar Boyz?