PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Night Goblins - Fun

Le Shirrif
22-06-2009, 15:53
Night Goblin Warboss : Gigantic Spider, Amulet of Protectyness, Sneaky Skewerer, Tricksy Trinket, Guzzla's Battle Brew : 170

This guy goes with one of the Spider Rider units. He gets stuck into the hardest, most heavily armoured unit he can find. Then he steals their armour save, reduces their armour to paper then cuts them up giggling. The Tricksy Trinket let's him take out units of Tzeentch etc.

Night Goblin Big Boss : Great Axe, Rowdy Grott's Big Red Raggedy Banner : 84
He goes with the 40 man Night Goblin unit.

Level 1 Night Goblin Shaman : Staff of Sneaky Stealin' : 100
One of my wizard pairs. More for magic defence than offence, but can still get a few spells out over the course of the game. Both will probably just take the Level 1 "Gaze of Gork" spell.

Level 1 Night Goblin Shaman : Dispel Scroll, Magic Mushroom : 85
My second wizard. This guy has a scroll to dispel any horrific spells that could change the whole course of the game. His magic mushroom means he should get at least one spell off over the game!

40 Night Goblins : Spears and Shields, Full Command, 3 Fanatics : 245
Goes with the BSB. Deploys near the middle of the board to get maximum BSB coverage.

20 Night Goblins : Spears and Shields, Full Command, 3 Fanatics : 150
20 Night Goblins : Spears and Shields, Full Command, 3 Fanatics : 150
My support squads. These guys stay close to the BSB.

20 Night Goblins : Bows, 1 Fanatic : 85
20 Night Goblins : Bows, 1 Fanatic : 85
Took these guys because the models come in Skull Pass. Maybe not the best choice, but not bad overall - still cheap! The fanatics are a nasty surprise when a unit flanks and charges the seemingly weak squad.

10 Forest Goblin Spider Riders : Musician : 136
10 Forest Goblin Spider Riders : Musician : 136
Some fast flankers. Lord goes with one of these.

2 Goblin Spear Chukka's : 70
Chunk of tasty ranged nastiness!

Night Goblin Squig Herd : 5 Hunting Teams : 150
These are pretty much just for fun, but also get some much needed Immune to Psychology in the army.

3 Stone Trolls : 180
I have the models, and they reinforce the magical defense. Walking near the big chunks of Night Goblins, they help resist AoE spells.

Giant : 205
He's a giant! Need I say more? Even though he is the only large target in the list, he will draw attention from other units in the army.

Points Total : 2171
So, what to spend these last points on? Maybe taking the Shamans to Level 2?

Edit
22-06-2009, 19:03
wouldn't be a bad idea, for 70 points, gives you the chance to get better spell options.
I like the list, might have some issues with the trolls unless you can keep up with the general, they tend to be stupid when you don't want them to be., Could also try a doomdiver instead of the pump wagon in the rare slot if you feel like it.

I also am making a pure gobbo list, i have less chukkas and threw in 2 chariots, as I am designing it for WPS comp score tournies (6 warmachines is a fairly nasty penalty in the system)