PDA

View Full Version : 2k vampire counts help!

Chaseyboy1er
22-06-2009, 19:01
vampire, dark acolyte, lord of the dead, flayed hauberk, Gem of blood-195
vampire, dark acolyte, lord of the dead, enchanted shield, crown of the damned-195
vampire, dark acolyte, lord of the dead, battle standard, Drakenhof banner-295

10 skeletons, command-100

27 grave guard, command, royal standard of strigos-389

5 bloodknights, command, tomb blade, flag of blood keep-425
Black coach-200

Points-1999

Alrighty, so my plan here is to put the BSB in with the grave guard, and since they have regeneration, they'll be more durable. then the other two vampires are in separate units of skeletons, while raising the units to make them bigger and stronger. the black coach will suck up magic and get strong and such, and the blood knights will eat face. Now I have a question about "invocation of nehek" I was wondering if my vampires could cast that several times? not too sure. But any criticism would be nice.

Spirit
23-06-2009, 04:07
The tomb blade has no use in a blood knight unit. (it only works in a skeleton unit)

Not having a vampire lord in 2000 points is a bad idea.

Drop one of the rare units, drop a vampire, drop 7 of the grave guard (more than 20 is a waste)

Instead take a vampire lord and flesh out your core a bit.

As for your question, you cannot normally cast a spell more than once in the magic phase, however the vampire book defines invocation of nehek, raise dead and vanhells danse macabre as "necromancy spells" which allows them to be cast multiple times by the same wizard.

Stronginthearm
23-06-2009, 19:03
Two things, I agree that you should be bringing a lord, he can be all sorts of fun and can be built to do almost anything you want of him, the second being that you dont need all of your vampires as lord of the dead unless you trying to jsut swamp your enemies and then more units of skelitons might be better, drop one or two of them and designate one vampie the honorary skelly maker(pray he doesnt mutiny for such a crappy job) and let the others do other things, if those units get hit hard you can still heal them with anyone butit summonings going well dont have wasted points overdoing it

Spirit
24-06-2009, 02:51
Two things, I agree that you should be bringing a lord, he can be all sorts of fun and can be built to do almost anything you want of him, the second being that you dont need all of your vampires as lord of the dead unless you trying to jsut swamp your enemies and then more units of skelitons might be better, drop one or two of them and designate one vampie the honorary skelly maker(pray he doesnt mutiny for such a crappy job) and let the others do other things, if those units get hit hard you can still heal them with anyone butit summonings going well dont have wasted points overdoing it

Agreed, a lord generating 5 power dice with 2 from the pool should be plenty to keep your skeletons going.

However if you keep them all at 10 man size, then you might also need one of the heroes to help.

But certainly remove it from some of them.