PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2000 points, need advice!

KaldCB
22-06-2009, 21:49
Im thinking of a return too warhammer fantasy after years of playing only 40k.
And i like the look of the new lizardmen, and lots of stegadons.

I have not played in many years, i dont think i have even played in 7ed.
We play in a very competetive club. so the gloves are off, so you bring your best every time.

And i was thinking of using this list

Skink chief. (general)
sacred stegadon helm.
Stegadon

Skink chief.
Bsb
Stegadon spear.
Steagadon

Skink priest.
scroll
Level 2
Ancient stegadon.

Skink priest.
scroll
Level 2
Ancient stegadon.

10 skink skirmishers.
10 skink skirmishers.
10 skink skirmishers.

Stegadon.
Stegadon.

2005 points I do need to drop some points maybe drop one scroll.

6 stegadons look really cool, but can this list work?I think it should be able to hold its own in magic. Should i maybe drop some stegadons to get more support for them? i dont want regular infantry since i want to try something new, but i dont want to build an army that is very bad, so in a turnament can this list take on VC and deamons? and other list?

Any comments, critics or generel advice is apriciated :)

KaldCB
23-06-2009, 09:05
Hmm... no one?

Necromancy Black
23-06-2009, 09:17
Meh, warmachines are going to have a field day and there are a ton of things out there that can take down Stegadons. Some armies you'll destroy, other's will destroy you.

Also, I assume those are EotG and not just normal Ancient Stegs?

meadus
23-06-2009, 11:40
I would be most worried about Vampire counts and the undead. those are a lot of impact hits, but if you don't wipe them out in one go, there will be a lot of raising spells which you aren't equipped to stop. You'd also have to worry about wights.
I would also worry about cannons and bolt throwers, as these could seriously dampen your strength when you lose a couple of steggies quickly.
maybe drop one steg and throw in some terradons to counter war machines, and salamanders are great for horde armies like the undead.

Wolf 11x
23-06-2009, 13:27
You're certainly not going to make any friends with this list.

KaldCB
23-06-2009, 14:01
Friends i have enough off :)

those are eotg stegadons as its the only one skink priest can have.

should i drop one stegadon to get some teradons?

Eulogy2
23-06-2009, 15:28
yes, althought warmachines arent that scarey for stegs. first they have to hit, which isnt very likely with scatter dice and guess range. then if they hit they have to hit the steg on a d6 roll of 1-4, 5 they hit a regular crew, 6 they hit a character if there is one. and then the steg still has a toughness of 6, a 2 or 3+ armor save, and probably a 5+ ward save from the EOTG's. and most machines wont do 6 wounds in one hit. so its not so easy for a cannon to wipe one out.

Cragspyder
23-06-2009, 16:46
You have a lot of hitting power, and a decent amount of ranged firepower from the giant bows, but since your Skink Priests are on the only Ancient Stegadons, you have no Giant Blowpipes which could be useful to get rid of Skirmishers, Fast Cavalry or other annoying units.

The only tool you have to kill those is Forked Lightning from your Skink Priests or perhaps your minimum size Skink skirmishers.

What you could do is drop one Stegadon for a 3 Pack of Barbed Razordons and use them to cover your flanks and kill small, weak units that aren't worth shooting the Giant Bows at but may get in your way and redirect you.

You could also drop the other Stegadon and put in a 3 pack of Salamanders for the same purposes, as well as causing panic checks.

If my memory doesn't fail a 3 pack of Razordons/Salamanders is cheaper then a Stegadon by a little bit so you can use the remainder to toss in a useful magic item, like the Plaque of Tepok on one of the Priests, making one a level 3 Wizard in all respects, and giving him a better chance to get a good spell (ie. Uranon's Thunderbolt versus Knight-heavy armies, Comet/Celestial Shield vs. gunlines, etc).

Other then that, it is pretty clear what your theme is (Stegzilla) so you may want to keep the 2 Stegs but adding some Hunting Packs instead will still keep a 'monster' theme but make it a little more balanced and give you some options if you are getting outmaneuvered.

Good luck!

KaldCB
23-06-2009, 18:10
Thanks for the advice.
both razordons and slamanders fit my theme, as a skink/monster army. will have a look and see what can be switch around, i think maybe 4 stegadons may be enough.

Eulogy2
23-06-2009, 23:13
Thanks for the advice.
both razordons and slamanders fit my theme, as a skink/monster army. will have a look and see what can be switch around, i think maybe 4 stegadons may be enough.

one steg in 2k is enough.