PDA

View Full Version : Beastmen: Orange Fire

zeekill
23-06-2009, 03:17
If you use the Tzeentch Spell Orange Fire, does it allow you to re-roll wounds from lets say:
Red Fire?
Blue Fire?
Indigo Fire?

Because a good combo of Orange Fire/Indigo Fire could potentially kill off half a unit or more in one shot! =D

zeekill
23-06-2009, 03:27
Another thing, If i charge a 5 file wide unit with a 20 man unit of a beast herd, but only 5 ungors can reach, will only 5 gors rank up to the front or 7? Because it does say that all gors go to the front.

willowdark
23-06-2009, 13:57
Sorry buddy, but it's "Remains in Play." As soon as he tries to cast another spell the effects of Orange Fire shut off.

zeekill
23-06-2009, 14:18
Oh lol thanks. I usually notice things like that but when i get excited about some almost rule-defying game tactic i don't double check. Thanks again

Kaelarr
23-06-2009, 14:28
But yes that would work if another Shaman cast Orange Fire on him first.

willowdark
23-06-2009, 14:44
wow! I'm not sure if I have an outdated book or what, but the wording of the spell is horrible. It does not specify who you cast the spell on but it does heavily imply that the sorcerer casts it on himself. That was my gut reaction at least. I guess you could RAW it one way or the other, but I think it is really meant for the caster to cast it on himself.

zeekill
23-06-2009, 15:24
Can anyone help me with my other question?

If i charge a 5 file wide unit with a 20 man unit of a beast herd, but only 5 ungors can reach, will only 5 gors rank up to the front like regular skirmishing or 7? Because it does say that all gors go to the front.

bubbathebrute
23-06-2009, 19:22
I believe I am correct when I say 7 gors would come to the front in your example. The beastherd rules state that only 25% of the models need to be within range to charge. Since 5 ungors have range out of 20, the herd can successfully charge placing as many models into base contact as possible, not limited to the 5 that had range. You do this while placing characters, command models, and gors to the front of combat.

AMWOOD co
25-06-2009, 20:24
It says they charge like skirmishers, so only 5 Gors would be in contact. I tend to think of it as I have 5 models in range, so 5 make the first rank. I then place my gors at the front and work back.

Shame that my Warriors can't have screens of Beastmen anymore. Oh well, for now my beasts are doubling as marauders. Still, it was fun while it lasted.

willowdark
25-06-2009, 20:31
Ah! Beastmen Marauders. Cleaning up GW's mess the way they should.

DarkTerror
25-06-2009, 22:44
It says they charge like skirmishers, so only 5 Gors would be in contact. I tend to think of it as I have 5 models in range, so 5 make the first rank. I then place my gors at the front and work back.

Shame that my Warriors can't have screens of Beastmen anymore. Oh well, for now my beasts are doubling as marauders. Still, it was fun while it lasted.

Actually, the answer is 7. Beast Herds only need 25% to be in range and charge differently than skirmishers.